DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final aMoL Predictions! Get Them Stated!

Luckers

I'm more wondering than predicting but...

-Tuon will be given one of the copied foxhead medallions like Mat plans (unless they got destroyed, I don't think they do, I'm in the middle of a reread) and she won't be able to use an a'dam. This will be another step in her confronting her innate ability.

Very interesting. I was wondering about that as I read ToM. The copied foxhead would shield her from the source. I was thinking that it would protect her from "Sparking."

And I think that Tuon already sees the weaves that damane channel (My memory of her confrontation with Joline, Teslyn, and Edesina in KoD). An a'dam would probably work on her.

It will be very interesting to see how this one unfolds. The Seanchan Empress a marath'damane!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that Fain severely injures Moridin, putting him on the brink of death.  Via the link with Moridin, Rand too is maimed and realizes that his death would concurrently bring about the death of Moridin.  He then will ask either Alivia or Morraine (or both) to finish him off, thereby killing Moridin in the process.  TAR will then play a major role in his resurrection  and he's able to come back to life to finish the job.

Happy Holidays to all!

A few predictions from a first timer...

1. Rand 'dies' at the Black Tower - 'his blood on the rocks' refers to the SG rocks used in construction (I think BS has confirmed this somewhere).Logain takes over and relocates to the White Tower.

2. Perrin dies, and is called back by the Horn (but stays dead). When the Horn was sounded Hawkwing joked to Perrin about becoming bound to the Horn. Dark prophesies about the Broken Wolf and all.

3. The Dark OneCassein Hob, was a man given access to the True Power by the aelfinn and eelfinn, he is killed and replaced by Fain before the Bore is resealed.

2. Moridin is instrumental in returning the Song. I think Isahamel had the Voice (prologue to tEofTW?), either betrayal or body-swap/bond with Rand.

LTT asked him if he had the voice but it was never said the he actually did.

3. Perrin dies, and is called back by the Horn (but stays dead). When the Horn was sounded Hawkwing joked to Perrin about becoming bound to the Horn. Dark prophesies about the Broken Wolf and all.

That was Hurin he clapped on the soulder and joked with, not Perrin.

Luttree you got there before my edit - I'm just not sure about the body swap idea, too many issue arise out of this (bonds/souls/etc) and I can't see Moridin turning back.

I'd be interested if anyone has had confirmation of the nature of the DO from RJ or BS. Having the DO be a person (the third face maybe), it may be a bit like Mistborn but that was one of the reasons BS got the job of writing the final books.

I'd be interested if anyone has had confirmation of the nature of the DO from RJ or BS. Having the DO be a person (the third face maybe), it may be a bit like Mistborn but that was one of the reasons BS got the job of writing the final books.

Interview: Jun 26th, 1996
Compuserve Chat (Verbatim)
Martin Reznick
How was the Dark One created, i.e. is he a fallen angel, an inherent part of the universe, etc.?
Robert Jordan
I envision the Dark One as being the dark counterpart, the dark balance if you will, to the Creator...carrying on the theme, the ying yang, light dark, necessity of balance theme that has run through the books. It's somewhat Manichean I know, but I think it works.

Thought I'd add a recent idea to the theories I stated earlier in the thread:

The VOICE at the end of tEotW is Artur Hawkwing.  Rand (Dragon soul) is bound to the Horn and thereby linked to it, Artur Hawkwing is also linked to the Horn.  The Horn is also somehow linked to the Eye, which Rand is drawing upon when the VOICE appears.  The VOICE emanates in Rand's brain after mist rises and time stops, just like at the end of tGS when the Horn is blown.  When the Horn is blown in tGS, Artur Hawkwing is the leader and he is tightly bound to follow certain rules (Dragon banner and Dragon, plus waiting for the Horn to be blown).  So, Artur Hawkwing briefly violated the precepts of the Horn to cause a Horn-mist effect to get a message through to Rand that he WILL PLAY NO PART because the preconditions for him to intervene are NOT HERE. 

I'm deliberately staying away from some of the main theories about the actual method of re-sealing the Bore, etc.
These are for some of the lesser details, some serious, some made up on the spot, in random order -

1. Lan will survive the battle at Tarwin Gap.

2. Perrin and Faile take the Broken Crown fairly early on

3. There will be a major battle at or near Baerlon with troops and refugees hiding in the Mountains of Mist, either before or after the battle.

4. Talemanes' best pipe will lead some of the DO's forces astray

5. Warder Sleete, Zaida and Lord Edorion are DFs. There is also a WO DF, but I can't make up my mind who it is.

6. The White Tower will be destroyed

7. Logain has been captured and Androl's escape attempt will coincide (more or less) with an attempt to turn him. Both escape, with a few others, but the BT survives. Logain regroups and recovers, then takes it upon himself to get rid of Taim. The BT is destroyed but Taim escapes. Naeff arrives in the nick of time to do something vital. Logain goes on to lead the AM but does not necessarily survive all the way to the end.

8. If Logain dies, Androl takes over the leadership of the AM into the future

9. Cadsuane will die in a blaze of glory, taking down Taim.

10. Moiraine kills Cyndanne and probably Rand

11. Min finally gets to (successfully) stab someone

12. Demandred causes an awful lot of damage but never quite gets any main characters, he's outmaneuvered by Mat at the last moment

13. Mat dons a disguise at some stage, it's good enough to fool Bode

14. We never find out who Nakomi was and she does not appear again

15. Egwene's vision of the Seanchan woman is Leilwin offering some sort of a temporary solution which enables Egwene to deal (and accept working) with Tuon

16. Rand either knows how to mask his bonds or has a ter'angreal to hide his whereabouts whenever he wants (like the dull dagger)

17. Nynaeve will work out how to detect men channeling and redirect saidin . I suppose this may be achieved using a ter'angreal, but I'm hoping for something more spectacular.

18. Nynaeve does not cure death, though she may well do something that looks like it (probably involving TAR)

19. Gawyn, Galad and Birgitte are toast (she gets to come back though)

20. No one takes up the Way of the Leaf

This last one is based on an idea stolen from Mik
21. Elayne will find herself in the Ways and figures out how to fight the Black Wind (the same way the Sea Folk control ordinary wind)

@ herid

Sorry, can't get the quotes at the moment, but there are references of Nynaeve and Egwene attempting to figure out how to detect men channelling after Moggy told them it's possible in Salidar (though Moggy was lying at the time), and, there is also Nynaeve's Accepted test where she re-directs Aginor's weaves (TGH, I think). She sees the (lightning bolt?) weaves and re-directs them to save herself

@ herid

Sorry, can't get the quotes at the moment, but there are references of Nynaeve and Egwene attempting to figure out how to detect men channelling after Moggy told them it's possible in Salidar (though Moggy was lying at the time), and, there is also Nynaeve's Accepted test where she re-directs Aginor's weaves (TGH, I think). She sees the (lightning bolt?) weaves and re-directs them to save herself

An Aes Sedai, Nacelle, has already figured out how to detect a man channelling in KoD, chapter 23.

@ herid

What happens in the Accepted Test is not representative of the truth. Egwene, for example, had the Ageless look despite not swearing on the Oath Rod in her test. 

@ Master Ablar - Ah, yeah, I remember that now. Still, Nynaeve actually manages to counter saidin weaves in her accepted test, so I'll stick with my prediction. Even if Nynaeve does get help with the detecting part. (There was also a part where time seems to slow down to enable her to weave something to counter the saidin weave. Perhaps I'm on the wrong track and Nynaeve can mess with time?! Heck, it's late over here, I'll think about it tomorrow)
@ fionwe 1987 - I agree that the test can't be relied on to be representative of the truth, but in this instance it is backed up by supporting hints and I've decided to extrapolate.

Sooo. . . how pissed is everyone going to be when right before the LB Rand stumbles across a portal stone, channels into the "real world" symbol, and is transported back to the portal stone he slept at with Loial, Hurin and Selene in TGH, the last words written in the book being "avada kedavra" as he turns to kill Lanfear?

Or it is written by Loial and is a work of fiction.

We will have at least one more PoV from the Battle of Camelyn.

I think the lights being eaten by the dark in Mins Viewings of the main characters are the same as the dreams Egwene sees when she talks in ones dreams..

I think TAR will need to be used to seal the bore or something else significant.

If I'm going to be wrong, I'm going to be REALLY wrong.  I'm not sure I follow theories/forums enough, so some of my guesses are probably already confirmed wrong.  Oh well.  The only thing I'm standing by is that there will be a dramatic "sheathing of a sword".  

Closing the The Black Tower

-Pevara and Androl team up to beat all the Black Tower Baddies, including Taim, to prove that teamwork is the strongest force.  The Black Tower is destroyed.  They will free Logain.  Logain takes all the remaining BT folks to the Fields.

Closing The Seanchan Loop

-We're about to find out that one of the duties of the Raven Prince is a sort of "commander-in-chief" of the Seanchan.  So Mat is going to accidentally invoke all the Seanchan to show up at the Fields of Merrilor.

-Tuon and Rand will get into a shouting match about how Rand needs to kneel to her and how Tuon and all the Seanchan are nasty and mean.  Mat is going to get so annoyed that he blows the Horn to summon Hawkwing and shut everybody up.

-Blowing the Horn more than once is fatal to the trumpeter; he will join the Heroes of the Horn.  As he's dying, Mat gives Tuon his Medallion.  Hawkwing scolds Tuon.  Tuon uses the One Power to heal Mat.

-Rand says he will agree to kneel to Tuon IF the Seanchan stop their evil, power-hating, conquering ways and agree to the Dragon's Peace.  Tuon assents.

-Aviendha also insists the Aiel are included.

-Selucia is really a DF and goes crazy and attacks.  Cadsuane stops her.

-Tuon names Cadsuane her Truthspeaker and vows that after the battle, she will return to Seanchan.  She will leave the damane and sul'dam in Randland.  Channeling will be outlawed in Seanchan, but channelers will be allowed to live.

The Fatal Flaw in Callandor

-Moiraine and Rand's reunion is full of tears.  What we know, that Rand doesn't, is that Alanna has passed Moiraine Rand's bond.

-Once Rand gets everybody to agree to peace, he and Perrin successfully convince them all that they have to destroy the seals.  He forms a circle with Nynaeve and Moiraine to do so with Callandor.

-The flaw in Callandor allows Moridin and Rand to swap places.  So Rand/Moridin is Rand's body with Moridin's soul, and Moridin/Rand is Moridin's body with Rand's soul.  After the swap, neither of them tell anybody.

-The swap causes Moiraine to burn out.

-Rand/Moridin acts all crazy and says "Let Chaos Rule" then disappears without Callandor.  He goes and kills the Borderlanders and Itrulade.  He also goes to Tarwin's Gap and fatally wounds Lan.

-Nynaeve senses Lan's pain and travels to him.  She brings him back from the dead, but at great cost - she is out of the fight for now.

-Land takes over all the armies at the Borderlands until Mat arrives, when he turns it over to Mat.

-Moiraine is tended to by Alivia.  She tells Alivia to ensure that Lan and Callandor are brought to the Final Battle between Rand and Moridin.  Moiraine knows what's going on with Rand but doesn't tell anybody.

-Egwene decides she must now kill Rand for the good of the world.  Gawyn equips the rings and follows her.

-Logain decides he's going to finish Rand's plan.  He saves Callandor and puts it in Alivia's care.

The Forsaken

-So Moridin/Rand is in the middle of the Forsaken now, trying not to let on to the fact that he's really Rand.

-He falls for Cyndane's sad puppy eyes and accidentally lets on who he really is.  Instead of ratting him out, she selfishly gloats that she's going to go after all his loved ones because he's not there to protect them.  She gets away.  The first person she kills is his father.

-But Moridin/Rand is successfully able to return Moghedien to the Light.  Because she's sneaky and manipulative, she helps him pull off his Moridin act.

-Demandred is behind the attack on Caemlyn, but he's not there.  He's been waiting for all the Forsaken to be dispatched to the LB to confront Moridin and try to take over.  Moridin/Rand kills Demandred, but lets on that he's really Rand.  Realizing that he will never to the Dark One's favorite, Demandred tells Moridin/Rand that he's studied a way to permanently seal the bore.

-Cyndane tries to kill Min, but Min kills her instead.

-Aviendha kills Graendal after Graendal wounds Elayne-in-childbirth.

-Elayne dies after giving birth, leaving the Cairhien throne open for Galad and Berelain to claim.

-Birgitte dies protecting Elayne to the end, after seeing one of Elayne's babies is an ESPECIALLY ugly man.

-Moghedien hunts Slayer in the World of Dreams, Galad helps Faille hunt Isam in the world.  Slayer/Isam is killed.

All the other slightly-more-important-than-minor characters die.

-Siuan, Leane, Bryne, Morgase, Dyelin, etc.  All dying.

Converging on Rand

-Now several people are converging on Rand/Moridin to kill him, even though they don't know about the body swap.  They are: Shaidar Haran, Padan Fain, Slayer (deceased), Egwene, and Gawyn.  Min and Aviendha are converging to save him.  They also bring along all the other minor characters who haven't died yet.

-Moridin/Rand is also heading toward Rand/Moridin for the LB.

-Logain and all his peeps finish breaking the seals.

-Everybody gathers there at the end.  Gawyn attacks Rand/Moridin, and Rand/Moridin kills both Gawyn and Egwene.  He kills everybody else who attacks him, until the only ones left are: Shaidar Haran, Padan Fain, Rand/Moridin, Min, Aviendha... and Moridin/Rand.

-Rand/Moridin kills Min and wounds Aviendha.

-Moghedien arrives, as well as Alivia with Lan in tow.  Alivia gives Moridin/Rand callandor.  Everybody thinks she's gone nutters.

-Rand/Moridin and Moridin/Rand get into some really long philosophical debate.  Lan realizes that Moridin/Rand is really Rand. Both Shaidar Haran and Padan Fain attack Rand/Moridin at the same time, trying to kill him.

-Lan reminds Moridin/Rand of his first lesson: sheathing the sword.

-Moridin/Rand enters a circle with Alivia and Moghedien and uses Callandor to kill himself.  Aviendha realizes what's happening and grabs the only other person she can - Lan - and gateways away.  Everything explodes.  The bore is sealed and everybody wins.  

-Rand, Min, Egwene, and Gawyn end up in TAR as Heroes of the Horn.

-Nynaeve goes to TAR to rescue them after the LB.  She can't bring them back because their corpses are gone.  All of them ask to be left alone in TAR.  

Cleaning it all up

-The Wheel of Time hasn't been broken, but the taint of the Dark One is gone.  It is shown, however, in an epilogue that Taim did not die but has survived and is working to free the Dark One.

-Nynaeve and Logain mend the White and Black Tower and rule together as the respective leaders of the channelers.

-Perrin, with the help of Aviendha, Loial, and some forgiveness from Asam's parents, will find The Song.  They will sing to repair the damage caused by the explosion.

-Perrin and Faille rule all the Borderlands.  They give birth to a beautiful blonde baby girl (who is Birgitte reborn.)  It's implied that she will end up marrying Gaidal reborn.

-With Caemlyn destroyed, all Andorans fall under the Cairhien rule.  Cairhien is ruled by Galad and Berelain.

-Aviendha's babies turn out weird because of the effects of Rand's death through the bond.  She names them after Elayne, Min, Rand, and Lan instead of what they were named in the future.

-Mat and Tuon head back to Seanchan.

-The end is Moiraine and Thom in a hut, living the rest of their days quietly.  There is a wind.

What I think will happen:

- Setalle will be Tuon's truthspeaker.

- Logain & loyalist BT posse will kill Taim & turned posse.

- Tuon will channel at some point, the damane issue is likely to be dealt with in terms of 'strong assurances that the practice will be ended' or 'confined to the Seanchan continent.

- Nynaeve will die.

- The DO doesn't "die" in the sense that he is no longer there permanently at all.

What I want to happen:

- Nynaeve does not die,  Malkier is not resurected or if it is it won't be in the territory previously occupied by Malkier - so either further south in unclaimed lands or in lands currently occupied by Borderland nations.

- Olver dies.

- The DO is sealed away from the pattern permanently even if he is still there.

- The Creator makes an appearance.

- The Aiel do not turn pacifists.

- Demandred deals crippling blow to the Light and takes out several major players and kills Moridin to deal damage to Rand through their link.

I'm 7 chapters away from the end of my re-read. Here's what I think will happen. I don't necessarily WANT some of these things to happen, but they are what I think need to happen to tie together the major plots. In no particular order...

1) Rand becomes Moridin becomes Rand in a transmigratory soul-boogie. I really don't want this to happen because it reeks of week-old fish, but I haven't been convinced by any of the alternatives yet.

2) Nakomi reappears and is easily explained away as a bit of minor ta'verenness to nudge Aviendha into thinking in the right direction. I don't want her to have a major or significant part in any plot, but I will be cross if she is forgotten. She appeared too late, and her scene was too significant for it to be ignored at this stage.

3) Mistress Anan becomes Tuon's Truthspeaker. I like the idea of Nynaeve taking this job after the glorious death in battle of her hubby, but I can't see Fortuona suddenly becoming so blasé about the One Power that she appoints a marath'damane to the most sacred and influential position in the entire Seanchan court. 'Tain't natural. Mistress Anan, on the other hand, already has Fortuona's favour, and Fortuona appreciates her wisdom.

4) Fortuona gets to experience the dirty end of an a'dam. This, or something very much like it, convinces her to rethink the whole damane business. I do not expect the practice to cease immediately, nor do I expect her to take tea with the Amyrlin and exchange childhood stories of butterflies and dancing, but I think we will "hear" her thinking very deep thoughts about how the damane system can be dismantled without plunging Seanchan into even further chaos.

5) The Black Tower is destroyed, along with Taim. Androl and Pevara are key to this, but I think they will spark something more substantial rather than do it all themselves.

6) Egwene goes out in a blaze of glory. This is probably the triumph of hope over expectation, but I see Egwene as a sort of James Dean Sedai crossed with Frodo Sedai, in that her legend will be greater because of the shortness of her reign. I'm pretty much pro-Egwene, but I think that the Legend of Egwene al'Vere, the Nine-Month Amyrlin will do more to help the White Tower than the Three Hundred Year Reign of Egwene al'Vere. Egwene will save the White Tower, but not for herself. However, she will become the prototype for all future Amyrlins.

7) After the Last Battle, when things are being picked up, dusted off and glued back together, there will be talk of the Black Tower residing in Tar Valon, but not in the White Tower itself. Perhaps Elaida's palace. Asha'man will begin to be treated as equals by Aes Sedai, but they will not *be* Aes Sedai. There will be talk of Asha'man taking oaths on the oath rod, too. Bonding of Asha'man and Aes Sedai will be talked about as if it is a normal thing, and the reverse, or even dual-bonding, will be ideas that are discussed openly. None of this will come to pass in the book, but we will be left with the understanding that it is on the cards.

8) Nynaeve, bless 'er, will be a widow and will become Cadsuane II after the prototype goes to a glorious death, possibly dressed as a Valkyrie.

9) Perrin, assuming he doesn't die of terminal Emo, will settle down in the Two Rivers with Faile. Faile won't inherit the Broken Crown, at least not yet, for reasons of plot: it would confuse the "Perrin is Steward of the Two Rivers, a vassal state of Andor" narrative. It will happen in the far future, but it will not feature in aMoL.

10) Mat will find himself being chased by Elayne and Birgitte to become First Prince of the Sword, since Gawain and Galad are otherwise engaged. The prospect of this will terrify him so much that it will prompt him to flee with Fortuona to Seanchan.

11) The Epilogue will be about 10 years later. Rand and his wifelets will be on Platform 9 3/4 with their young son. Meanwhile in Hogwarts, Professor McGonagal observes to Professor Sprout that the wind seems to be picking up. No? Oh, alright then. I'll get my coat.

Archived