DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final aMoL Predictions! Get Them Stated!

Luckers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galad will do the right thing as he sees it when its actually the wrong thing, like killing someone who he believes to be evil but is not or something along those lines.

Gawyn will witness rands death. Since in LOC he vowed that he would see rand al thor die.

Getting this in last minute

1) After the last battle no one will be able to channel the one power. Our world is an age in the wheel of time.

2) the last battle isn't a battle, but a choice Rand will have to make regarding the dark one.

3) Oliver will die.

4) Rand must choose between breaking the wheel of time (which is what the Dark One wants) or keeping the wheel of time.

Getting this in last minute

1) After the last battle no one will be able to channel the one power. Our world is an age in the wheel of time.

2) the last battle isn't a battle, but a choice Rand will have to make regarding the dark one.

3) Oliver will die.

4) Rand must choose between breaking the wheel of time (which is what the Dark One wants) or keeping the wheel of time.

Also the dark one is the creator! http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/38268-the-dark-one-is-the-creator/

Since it would be nice to hit a longshot

Interesting in the prologue that for the first time the amyrlin actually says she is repsonsible for the seals, we know the title has always been watcher of the seals but for the first time we have actually heard her saying she is the one to look over them and after reading through the book terangreal i have a feeling that its going to be a suprise and egwene will end up convincing rand not to destroy the seals.

Also the fact that rand hinted at something more permanent if obvious foreshadowing for him killing the dark one some how.

one last say before i get my book in an hour.

Judging from the final prophecy of the shadow in tom. Perrin will die, isam is the broken wolf.

Guest DominoOracle

A long time WOT forum lurker's improbable? predictions:

1. going out on a limb on this one... The Chekhov's gun from TDR chapters 30-40 is Loial's excellent sung wood ability which he'll use to help Rand? (and ??) make a new Nym at some point (not necessarily before the LB). The Red and Green box of songs found in Ebou Dar will turn out to be a helpful "seed" for a new Nym. 1a. Possibly the male Aiel channellers main function will be teaming up with Rand, the Ogier and Nym to reseal The Bore. 2a. Perhaps a the warderless/unbonded female channellers will dance around a pole while the men sing? If so, this likely eventually as the wheel turns gives rise to Bel Tine rituals...

2. My guess on the answer to fionwe's tidbit is Moiraine's efforts to prevent Mierin from controlling Rand fail the second time around. Perhaps a  memory of light from Meirin? "Enough talk. You will bed me now."

3. The 2nd strongest 'grail which a man can use allows Corele/Flinn? to heal the Fisher King's never healing wound and since the land is one with the Dragon this corresponds with the healing of Randland as well

I haven't been able to secure a copy yet but my fingers are itching to get one. So I will post my big theories/predictions here before I do so, as this is the last time for me to get in a big prediction before the end. If by some miracle I end up being right on some of this, I absolutely have not read AMoL yet, just the prologue/1st chapter. I also haven't spent a lot of time pouring over the forums here so if these theories have been hashed out already please let me know.

I don't have quotes/citations but I remember that at some point Moridin is talking with Rand in the dream and he mentions "the three of us..." There's another prophecy somewhere that talks about "the three become one."

Here's my big theory: there are three main iterations of the Dragon, not just two. Lews Therin is one, Rand is one, but who is the third?

Well, I was thinking about it again last night while reading TDR and I think.. hear me out on this... Moridin/Ishamael may be the third. It's not just that Rand and Lews Therin are the same person, but that Rand, Lews Therin, and Moridin are the same person. Moridin/Ishamael is the Dragon who fell to the Shadow; the Betrayer of Hope in its fullest sense. Men hope in the Dragon, and sometimes he falls to the shadow. Moridin/Ishamael is an iteration of the fallen Dragon. And I agree with those here who speculate that he will go back over to the Light. I think that the tension > merge that happened between LT/Rand will happen with Rand/Morodin. Rand will give his life, his soul will fully merge with Morodin in some way to perfectly shield the DO.

The tough part in this is that Ishamael and Lews Therin existed at the same time. Which raises a bunch of issues, but what if it has to do with the Shadow? What if there can be a darkfriend version of you alive at the same time you are?

Carrying that theory over to others, I have long had a theory that Ilyena = Elayne. What if there are three iterations of not just the Dragon, but of all of the Heroes of the Horn? Who would be the third for Ilyena/Elayne? What if it is one of the Forsaken? Which one carries some of her traits?

I'm probably way out in left field but it's interesting to me so I thought I'd post it.

I think HotH that are currently born out and are living won't show up when the horn is sounded. If that's true, Gaidal won't show up when the horn is sounded because he's been born out. Nor will Birgitte, unless she dies before the horn is sounded. But I think that our heroes that die will be revealed as HotH when the horn is sounded.

Also, HotH seem to have knowledge of the "true selves" of other heroes when they meet them. Hawkwing knew Rand as Lews Therin. I think the HotH will reveal other heroes when the horn is sounded, whether by heroes identifying other heroes that have been born out, or people who have died that show up as heroes.

Not saying exactly that I think they will all die, but here's my prediction of who turns out to be HotH: Mat & Perrin definitely. Hopper, Egwene, Elayne, Hurin (who will die doing something incredibly heroic), Aviendha, Nyneave, Lan, Ingtar, and Verin.

That brings up an interesting question. Can HotH end up darkfriends? If so, who among the Forsaken might be a HotH that hasn't been revealed? Or the fallen iterations of the HotH?

Anyway, I'll close it here. Can't wait to get AMoL so I can see how wrong I am and if I guessed at least something right. :) I'm staying completely away from the full spoiler forum.

Jason Hackwith

Just got my copy of AMOL today, was thinking of doing a reread but can't wait! 

To prepare mentally for the end of the series here are my random hopes of what to find:

- Mat and Tuon lead the Seanchan army in the last battle saving the day. 

- Tuon finds out she can channel and saves Mat's life 

- Elayne misses the last battle because she has morning sickness 

- Egwene sets of more fireworks with the sa'angreal 

- Perrin leads the last battle in the world of dreams and gets help from Aes sedai using a ter'angreal

- Come to think of it the dark one will probably be sealed in the "real" world and in the world of dreams 

- All channeling men of the black tower get destroyed as the infighting gets to a full war

Enough musings :) to the book! 

Archived