DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final aMoL Predictions! Get Them Stated!

Luckers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@terez Nice list. about #33. What about the LOC header? It mentions future Tar Valon.

It mentions Great Arvalon. So, the name survives in some fashion, but I still don't expect the city to survive. By the way, I think at least half of your list is things I have been arguing for a long time. :smile:

One thing I think is a lock is that we get to see Rand turned to the Shadow one way or another, there are a lot of possibilities there for that to happen and they have been discussed so I will not rehash them.  I tend to think that his use of the TP will be connected in that regard as we know there will be consequences for its use, I would not be shocked by a Mindtrap; I could see Shaidar Haran cutting him off from the OP and trapping him.  The popular theories for Rand's death (and Alivia helping him die) tend to center around his connection to Moridin one way or another but I think his death will come with him serving the Shadow, likely unwillingly but unable to control his actions.  

Based on RJ's quote about the Dragon and Horn being on opposite sides causing a rift in the Pattern I think we will get to see this happen.  I am guessing the Light has some military success early on and things look bright, meanwhile Rand is off to face the DO and getting turned.  Rand will show back up and be wrecking house against the Light and Mat will have to blow the Horn, the rift caused will be potentially devastating to an already weakened Pattern but they manage to kill Rand in the chaos (likely at his behest in a moment of lucidity).  Everything looks all doom and gloom, the Dragon is turned and dead and it looks like the DO is going to win.  

How it ends from there I do not really have a pet theory, I always try to stay open-minded and not get tied to any one idea of how I think something should end.  I do however think we will see something along the lines of what I wrote above.  I cannot see Rand staying in Jesus mode until the end or else the finale would lack some tension, I think he was just being built up for an even bigger fall (and subsequent redemption of course).   

@terez Nice list. about #33. What about the LOC header? It mentions future Tar Valon.

It mentions Great Arvalon. So, the name survives in some fashion, but I still don't expect the city to survive. By the way, I think at least half of your list is things I have been arguing for a long time. :smile:

yes, I know and  I did get a lot of them from you. But I figured everyone knows that you are the author of things like Roedrad or that Nyn will push Rand out of TAR. I just agree with them.

1. The bore is sealed perfectly, however the balefire used at Natrin's Barrow will has damaged the pattern sufficiently that when the AoL comes again it is the place where the bore gets drilled as they can just about sense where the DO's prison is.

2. Bode will be captured and made damane and Mat will find out get mad and start driving change through Tuon, who gets convinced that channelers no longer need collaring.

3. Setalle Anan is fully restored to channelling by Flinn and gets put to the position of Tuon's Truthspeaker whilst being Aes Sedai.

4. Tuon will save Egwene and the Tower somehow fufilling the dream of a Seanchan helping her, but also the golden hawk that she dreams of being linked to her (Golden hawk being a symbol of the Imperial family.)

5. Gwayn will die and Galad will survive, as half brother to Elayne and Uncle to the Daughter heir (from both of the family, which he will find out about) he will become First Prince of the Sword after the Whitecloaks are destroyed.

6. No Forsaken will abandon the Dark One.

7.The last character mentioned in the series will be walking Bela along a road towards Emonds field (the series has come full circle).

8. At least One Forsaken will survive the Last Battle, and the last we see is them trying to influence rulers in another part of the world (Land of Madmen or most likely Shara)

9. Demandred's alter ego is Chubain.

10. The Epilogue will suggest that the series was written by Loial (or at least the first 11 books, it may suggest he died leaving extensive notes and that Erith chose someone else to finish the series).

11. Birgitte will rescue a newborn baby who happens to be Gadial.

12. Nynaveve will heal Thom's limp.

13. Brandon's writing Flaw's will NOT be the main focal point of the forums for at least a month after, the plot itself will keep most of the attention.

14. One part of Slayer will be restored to the light. (Probably Isam)

15. Ingtar survived his battle at the end of TGH.

16. Fain will die believing he has killed Rand.

17. The Shaido will be wiped out as they did not follow he who comes with dawn.

18. Zaida breaks the bargain (not deliberately) and Harine is chosen to replace her.

19. Faile dies, Tenobia and Perrin marry.

20. Lan's last appearance will be as a Hero. He will die (possibly after Nyn gets preggers), but his valiant attack (in the first third of the book) will mean Mat will call him back on the Horn.

EDIT: (I've just had another thought after finishing my re-read)

21. Taim (and/or possibly other asha'man from his faction) will be killed by a swordsman (which would have been prevented if they had bothered to learn the sword as Rand wanted).

22. Nynaeve will be Tuon's new Truthspeaker.

I don't think I've seen this suggested before. I like it.

37. The gay male character is Androl.

I'm pretty sold on it being Algarin, despite his having had kids earlier on. Yup. My prediction is Algarin. (maybe its Algarin AND Androl :P)

4. Moiraine will be Queen of Cairhien.

Hehe, I was wondering if I was going to see this on your list.

2. Bode will be captured and made damane and Mat will find out get mad and start driving change through Tuon, who gets convinced that channelers no longer need collaring.

20. Lan's last appearance will be as a Hero. He will die (possibly after Nyn gets preggers), but his valiant attack (in the first third of the book) will mean Mat will call him back on the Horn.

I like #2 a lot, well, not Bode being captured, I just think Mat wouldn't get too hardcore about this (since he never has before), unless it was Bode.

#12 hehe, I would like it if she did it in such a completely off hand manner as well, like oh ya, I am way more powerful than when you last threw knives at me!

#20 Don't like, there are like half a dozen instances in the books where it is heavily implied that Lan will take out some total innocent if Moiraine were to nod her head.

Edit, oh, I like Lan, it's just that he's not especially worthy of reward.

I like #2 a lot, well, not Bode being captured, I just think Mat wouldn't get too hardcore about this (since he never has before), unless it was Bode.

#12 hehe, I would like it if she did it in such a completely off hand manner as well, like oh ya, I am way more powerful than when you last threw knives at me!

#20 Don't like, there are like half a dozen instances in the books where it is heavily implied that Lan will take out some total innocent if Moiraine were to nod her head.

Edit, oh, I like Lan, it's just that he's not especially worthy of reward.

Not to get off-topic or argue whether or not Lan is HotH worthy or not but Heroes tied to the Horn are not necessarily paragons of virtue beyond reproach.  We do not know a lot about the Heroes but Hawkwing who seems to be chief among them was certainly responsible for things that the right and wrong of could be argued about (hell, who could build an Empire and not be), but there was no question he was an overall good person.  Any soul worthy of being bound to the Horn is going to face some grey areas in life or have to choose the lesser of two evils from time to time.    

1. There will be no Seanchan invasion of the white Tower. Ebou Dar will be devastated by a shadow spawn attack while Mat is there. He leads the surviving Seanchan out of the city. He brings them to Merilor and the again-homeless Empress, swayed by the presence of three ta'veren, agrees to the Dragon's Peace.

2. Ituralde will be very surprised to find out that people do, indeed travel the Ways. Especially after Rand cleanses them.

3. Isam is the gay character. He is the one who has grown fond of Perrin.

4. Androl and Emarin are gay too and end up together, Androl being the only person ever known to have been Turned gay, by having all of Pevara's thoughts in his head constantly.

5. Taim is Roderan in disguise. He really, really wanted to conquer Andor as well as rule Murandy.

6. Demandred is just a hallucination that was never really there. Think about it: nobody who has not been touched by the Dark One has ever seen him.

7. Cadsuane dies in bed after the Last Battle. She's had enough.

8. Lan kills a Jumara. Badass style.

9. Justice the sword is totally irrelevant. It was just a cameo put on by Brandon.

10. The Dark One's prison is a vacuole, and is severed, not sealed, left to drift outside the pattern until the next age.

11. Rand catches Moridin at Shayol Ghul. He's there with Shaidar Haran who has Alivia in tow, and yes she was a dark friend plant. This is how she kept her identity as a damane for 300 years. Rand and Moridin cross swords - streams - whatever again. As the pattern unravels they swap bodies. Alivia kills Moridin in Rand's body, Moiraine kills rand in Moridin's body. Nynaeve rips Rand out of TAR but he loses his hand again from the trauma. That's when he goes to sever the prison. The presence of the 3 ta'veren stabilize the pattern and push the Dark One back enough for Rand to read the Pattern and make a little snip. While he is concentrating Fain stabs him in the back.

12. Singing, the Song and the tu'athan will have nothing to do with the conclusion.

13. The number of dead will be so high as to approach ludicrosity. We will have to reference encyclopaedia WOT to remember who most of the named ones are.

14. I don't want to see Kert Wagoner mentioned again unless its referring to his limbs being eaten by a Trolloc. Pass the Kert roast, Narg.

15. Pevara's going to be awesome for exactly 3,000 words. Two of those words will be "severed" and "Taim" though not necessarily together.

I am actually serious about some of these. Will maybe add more.

Just a few....

1.The Sea Folk will manage to commandeer some of the Dragons, and actually become relevant and useful in the Last Battle, also bringing in the Age of Piracy.

2.Somehow, Rand gets balefired, is removed from the weaving of TWoT, meets The Creator, clears alot of things up and becomes complete, returning to the world, he will be of the wheel but not a part of it, will wield both the TP and the OP together(standing on the light and dark side of the symbol of the Aes Sedai) and re seal TDO (idle ramblings not backed by any evidence at all).

3. Shipless gets back on a ship, in doing that cuts all ties with her Seanchan lineage ( i dont know, it just seems that it is mentioned too often that she regrets not being able to be on a boat anymore, just a feeling)

4.Someone, maybe Rand, will 'dance' the forms of a blademaster while The Band sing Jak o' th' Shadows

5. Hopefully, Taim and Demandred gets in a major fight over who gets to kill Rand, go at it along with some changed BT Ashaman and Red Veils. <----- very low chance of happening but I reeeeally want it to...

again this is just speculation except for the first one, that Im pretty sure is going to happen.

- The Shaido are the "remnant of the remnant" (the Biblical parallel - only the remnant of the Isralites (strictly speaking, of the house of Judah, i.e. one of the 12 tribes) returned to Jerusalem (the Waste) from Babylon (the Wetlands). It's Mashiara's idea.

- Aviendha must read Callandor (please, such an opportunity just cannot be ommited!).

- Perrin will have to enter TAR in flesh, thus breaking the taboo (the hero's geis from Irish mythologyry > the story of Cu Chulainn, one of Perrin's parallels), becoming vulnerable and risking death.

- Some of Mik's ideas will turn out to be true or partially true :smile: (although I hope no).

- Rand is holdind the Light. The true purpose of the Eye is finally fulfilled - it protects Rand from insanity. "ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL". On DM he made his choice.

- The 3 ta'veren being together in one place will play a role.

- Fain's presence near the SG will distract the DO, letting Rand act.

- Rand will NOT use the TP. Fain will NOT become the buffer. Moridin will NOT change sides out of logic - unless Rand is seriously intending to slay the DO. There will NOT be Dark Rand 2.0, unless he is possessed by the DO or turned via 13x13 (let's not interpret Sha'rah so literally  - the Fisher King almost changed sides only once but the battle for his soul never ended and was very intricate).

- Birgitte will die and reappear when the Horn is sounded.

- The Shaido are the "remnant of the remnant" (the Biblical parallel - only the remnant of the Isralites (strictly speaking, of the house of Judah, i.e. one of the 12 tribes) returned to Jerusalem (the Waste) from Babylon (the Wetlands). It's Mashiara's idea.

- Aviendha must read Callandor (please, such an opportunity just cannot be ommited!).

- Perrin will have to enter TAR in flesh, thus breaking the taboo (the hero's geis from Irish mythologyry > the story of Cu Chulainn, one of Perrin's parallels), becoming vulnerable and risking death.

- Some of Mik's ideas will turn out to be true or partially true :smile: (although I hope no).

- Rand is holdind the Light. The true purpose of the Eye is finally fulfilled - it protects Rand from insanity. "ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE CAN DO WHAT MUST BE DONE, IF HE WILL". On DM he made his choice.

- The 3 ta'veren being together in one place will play a role.

- Fain's presence near the SG will distract the DO, letting Rand act.

- Rand will NOT use the TP. Fain will NOT become the buffer. Moridin will NOT change sides out of logic - unless Rand is seriously intending to slay the DO. There will NOT be Dark Rand 2.0, unless he is possessed by the DO or turned via 13x13 (let's not interpret Sha'rah so literally  - the Fisher King almost changed sides only once but the battle for his soul never ended and was very intricate).

- Birgitte will die and reappear when the Horn is sounded.

The remnant of the Aiel were the ones who could handle the truths revealed by the WayBack Machine.

The remnant of a remnant of the Aiel will be those who can also accept that they need to change their ways to avoid the possible future shown in the WayForward Machine.

Perrin will find the Song, gosh darnit!

There will be no body swap stuff. That theory has always and will always creep me out.

No one will die! Ok I don't really believe this one, but I don't want to say good bye to all my favorite characters AND watch them die. =*(

I never said he'd sing it... Just that he would find it. Or perhaps that he would be the one to lead the Tinkers to the Song. I know a lot of prople think the Song wont be found, or it dosent exist, or whatever, but it's a theory I've held to for a long time. Right or wrong, I'm sticking with it to the end! =D

No to mention there is no "song".

Interview: Aug 27th, 1999

Melbourne Film Festival - Steven Cooper (Paraphrased)

Troy Terry

Seriously, though, any bets on whether the Tinkers will ever find the Song? I bet it's the harvest song from Rand's Aiel memories.

STEVEN COOPER

I asked RJ about this when he was in Melbourne last week, and (amazingly) got a straight answer.

Robert Jordan

The Song the Tinkers are seeking is the song Rand heard in Rhuidean—or, to be exact, the memories of that song and others like it have become merged, over the years, into the concept of one mystical Song.

What the hell...here are mine:

- Rand impregnates Avi when she goes to his tent to get a piece of him.

- Rand and his three women will never marry. The bond is the only thing that tied him to them.

- If it is revealed that Rand has a link to Moridin, Egwene will either kill him or collar him. If she kills him, then Nynaeve will tell her about how Moghedien threw Birgitte out of TAR and Egwene will do that and bond him once he is out.

- If it is not revealed that he has a link to Moridin, Egwene will learn of Alanna holding Rand’s bond and demand that she turn it over to her.

- The Aes Sedai will lead the cleansing of the BT. The Asha'man who are not evil will obey them and basically be there for cannon fodder so as to protect the women. The men will be presented as too stupid to save the BT on their own and will require AS leadership to do it.

- The Black Tower will be completely decimated and a good number of the "good" Asha'man will die. All of the Asha'man's family members will be murdered, ensuring that any surviving Asha'man are "free" from all ties, which leads to...

- All Asha'man (and all male channelers, period) will be forced to accept being bonded by Aes Sedai. Those that have bonded AS will be forced to release the women and accept being bonded in turn. No man will gain the title of Aes Sedai before the end of the book and all male channelers will, instead, be naught but Warders (aka property of Aes Sedai with little to no freedoms). Narishma (the only one who is properly broken to an Aes Sedai leash) will be responsible for overseeing the training of male channelers, ensuring they know enough not to hurt themselves but no more than that. The Aes Sedai won't want them well-trained until they are properly "tamed" (aka, wills broken to be proper little pets), to quote Cadsuane.

- Logain's glory will come with his death (possibly sacrificing himself to save Egwene).

- Rand’s part in TG will be no more than accepting death to save the world. Callandor will leave him open to be destroyed, and it will literally be his blood that seals the Bore. That is why a woman has to channel…she can force Rand to keep channeling when things get too horrible for him, thereby protecting herself and the other woman while he dies. His ta’veren nature, that close to the Bore will Heal the Pattern, but he has to remain alive long enough for it to use him to repair itself.

- Rand will die and stay dead once the Bore is sealed. His death will be horribly painful and drawn out. Nyn will attempt to save him but will not be able to do so. He will never see his children.

- Egwene will force Tuon to give her authority over all Seanchan channelers and to stop using the a'dam. She will then force Tuon to accept an Aes Sedai as her Truthspeaker. (this, I believe, is what will ultimately destroy the Seanchan in the Westlands, and why the Outrigger series had Tuon and Mat going to Seanchan). Tuon will end up as little more than a queen over a nation or two by the end, and will accept that the Amyrlin has authority over any king or queen. The WT will end up with more power than they’ve had since the AoL, and the Amyrlin seat will be like Tuon was to the Seanchan.

- A majority of the Aiel will die. Those that don’t will return to the Way of the Leaf and go back to serving the AS (that will be the purpose they are given after Aviendha asks Egwene to help her save them). Female Aiel who can channel will become Aes Sedai, male Aiel born with the spark will become Warders, and the rest will become servants to the Aes Sedai.

- Lan will die.

- Nynaeve will, as Terez suggested, be Truthspeaker to Tuon. Egwene will give her the assignment to get her mind off of Lan’s death. Other than being one of the women to link with Rand at SG, she won’t be seen or heard from much in the book (it’s too obvious that she has been relegated to a second or third tier character).

- Tuon will bond Mat and take his medallion and give it to Egwene.

- Cadsuane will survive TG. The other part of what she has to teach Rand and the AM is that they have to accept their “place” in the world as Warders. She will be the one to force the Asha’man who resist (possibly the ones who lost their families) to accept being bonded by Aes Sedai after Egwene makes the declaration that that is how channeling men will be dealt with.

- Sorelia is a DF. Cadsuane will kill her and make sure the Aiel WO know what happened. This will make them and the other Aiel more accepting of becoming AS servants.

- Egwene will kill Slayer, Graendal, and/or Cyndane. I won’t be surprised if she kills all of them, but she will definitely take out one of them.

- Egwene will put Mattin back in as king of Illian after publicly demanding that Rand return the crown to its rightful owner.

- Gawyn will not die and will be the perfect little mindless lapdog. He may attempt to use the bloodrings at some point, but Egwene will save him.

- The Whitecloaks will ally with and submit to WT authority via Galad.

And, because all of this is my nightmare come true and I expect most of it will happen, I have to add one that I hope for, one that might actually be possible…

- Fain will be injured at some point, but escape and disappear.

That just means he has a good bass voice. :wink:

Did you ever step on a frog? I imagine it's more squeaky than anything else, myself.

hey, that's a good point. Perhaps they have some mutant frogs in WOT?

@Talitha, sorry, I misunderstood you.

@Suttree You are right but I there is still the special singing ability that existed in the AOL and that is still present to some degree in the Ogier. I believe that Rand will bring it back and teach it to the Aiel. He should know how it's done with his LTT memories. This is hinted at twice in the EoTW prologue and in some other places too.

Archived