DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Leigh Butler's review

Terez

Holy crap, THROW IT AWAY RIGHT NOW ARE YOU CRAZY. …Wait, stupid question.

True Power or dreamspike

True Power is a very good guess. The last remark says this is about Rand who is still crazy. Dreamspikes are not inherently evil but TP is. Using it will lead to ruination for sure.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading that review I feel like Egwene is definitely a goner.  She's going to die going against everything everyone is expecting from an Amyrlin (for the best) helping Rand and saving the world somehow and that's going to be one of those big tear jerker moments.  There's a reason the person in the series who cares the most for Rand (his three girls clearly care just as much or more, but Egwene grewup with him which adds a deeper layer imo) is setup as the modern day counterbalance to him.  I also feel, given the level of crying, that Min dies as well.

I don't think RJ would kill off either, but it would be sort of fitting if it were those two considering Melaine's already promised to name her unborn twins after Min and Egwene.

This is actually a good find and might be a hint

True Power or dreamspike

True Power is a very good guess. The last remark says this is about Rand who is still crazy. Dreamspikes are not inherently evil but TP is. Using it will lead to ruination for sure.

The dominion band? Because it the only way to link a crazy rand into a circle? And is in line with the two women - one man linking with a woman in control to work callandor?

PS references got lost in editing

Hey, don’t you know you’ll go blind if you do that? Heh heh.

Hmm, could be a cryptic reference to an orgiastic scene of Ogiers treesinging some plant and pollinating the ground in front of them. Well, that or Tuon "experimenting" with her body for the first time.

Where I come from, this would refer to a man going blind, not a woman....

Usually yes, but other than Tuon there doesn't seem anyone "innocent" enough to make a joke out of it. Olver is a bit too young I think, he's what nine?

Well, considering Olver's boob-obsession I'm not convinced that he's too young to explore anything. However, he wouldn't obviously have heard about the blindness side effects either.

I'm musing on suitable males, but I have to admit there are not that many clear culprits around. In extension of the church, white cloaks seems likely. But Galad?????

Olver acts like he's older because he's almost exclusively in contact with adults. He's imitating the behaviour of the soldiers around him and especially Mat's. And I don't think a fixation on breasts is all that unusual for boys no matter what age. All that isn't going to make him physically any more mature.

Galad would be funny, but I don't think so. Though it would be funny if he "saw the Light" by spanking the monkey.

"God, they are so WEIRD. I totally don’t know how to feel about this relationship. But then, apparently neither do they, so that’s… all right? I guess?"

Galad and Berelain perhaps?

"Wow, I totally forgot that ______ didn’t actually know that. And yes, dude, your timing sucks balls. Sheesh."

Rand about the seal that Nyneave and Elayne found being broken?

"You’re just going to have to imagine me flailing at this point, because I have no idea how to textually encompass my reaction to this revelation. Or to this entire scene, really, but especially that bit. I would almost have to *headdesk* at it, except for how diabolically clever it was. How can something be so awesome and piss me off so much in the same breath? Holy shit!"

I hope this has something to do with Demandred.

True Power or dreamspike

The dominion band? Because it the only way to link a crazy rand into a circle? And is in line with the two women - one man linking with a woman in control to work callandor?

PS references got lost in editing

as I said the quote is definitely about Rand actively doing something incredibly stupid so a domination band doesn't fit. But as for working a crazy Rand into a link, Callandor will do that on its own. Durinax suggested the following idea which I'm pretty sure is correct. The viewing of the black hand holding Callandor and the prophecy "Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized." mean that Rand will be possessed by the DO while using Callandor. If Rand uses the TP at any point for any reason that's all the more likely. "...and the Blade will bind him by twain." likely means that Callandor will serve as a kind of domination band (without actually being one) after Rand is taken over by the DO.

I thought this one might be Gawyn with the bloodknives' rings.

That is what occurred to me as well. 

However, I also had the idea that it was Mat. With things coming around full circle (as discussed by sleepinghour and others) I had the thought of it being Mat, going back to the Shadar Logoth foray in EotW when he is stupid enough to take the obviously evil dagger. 

Mat can certainly be crazy, like the SL thing, his recklessness with fireworks and crazy strategies based on luck. 

But Gawyn fits better with the bloodrings, it's the kind of thing he would do. Something crazy reckless that ends up getting him in deeper crap than if he did nothing. It's basically what he does.  

But there is Min's viewing that Gawyn had a choice to make in regards to Egwene. One way led to a painful death and the other to a long lif and death in a bed. Which path is Gawyn on?

It is unknown at this point. Some assume that sticking with Egwene means a long and happy life, and letting her die is the painful option. However, that may not be the case. Specially considering the blatant pocketing of the bloodrings in ToM, which read like he was making a choice. 

She stands at fork in road. Gawyn rides up not seeing her. One road leads to violent death, the other, long life. Down one road they marry, the other, not. Gawyn smiles and chooses.

Nothing indicates that long life = marrying Egwene. In fact, I would say it was the opposite. If he did not marry her, he wouldn't be the Amyrlin's warder, who will most likely be in a whole heap of danger. If he chose not to, he wouldn't be in the thick of it all, and would have a chance at a long life. 

Hah, so sure of that theory, were you? Well, so were a lot of people. So much for that!

Demandred is NOT Roedran, he is in fact Chubain (People we know who were black, plus a chosen who worked with Demandred all wanted him to change the Tower Guard into an army...), plus can't recall him being on screen too early...

After reading review:  Gah!  I finished my re-read too soon! (two months ago).  Need to read some WoT stuff in anticipation...  *wonders* Mmmaaaayyyybbbbeeeee I can fit in one more final re-read before aMoL is released.....   *conflicted*...

lol!  I find myself with the same problem, so I started another go at the audiobooks.

Archived