DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discussing gameplay at night usually favors the mafia imo.

Why do you think I am not yet telling who I gave my power-up, or what that power-up was?

Thought you weren't going to say it until day started?

I'm gonna hope he felt it was ok to say it as people can't change their actions after they submit them?

OK, here's the much-anticipated (at least by RTE) LIST, Heart style. But no colors. Sorry. 

1. Ithi- Appears to be lying low, a behavior uncommon for Ithi. Sure, she's posting, but I haven't seen the kind of cases we're used to from her. 
2. Turin- Pingy, just a little. I don't like how eagerly he jumped on to Wombat's little shibboleth. 
3. RTE- Newbie. I'll give him a break, especially since he seems to be a very attentive learner. 

4. Darthe- Dead townie. 
5. Falcon Ironeyes- Obviously town, and handsome to boot. 
6. Smiley- Has barely contributed at all, apparently due to connectivity issues. No read yet. 
7. Rand- Faintly town to me, but I'm not quite sure why. 
8. Ley- Probably town. I won't call it sure until we see that role proven. 
9. Random- No read, for the same reasons as Smiley. 
10. BG- I'm not sure. I haven't seen enough material from him to be sure. 
11. Maw- See above. 
12. Tress- Barely here. No read yet. 
13. Kaylee- Quiet, but that's her modus operandi on day one anyway. No read yet. 
14. Bard Babe- Well, I know better than to call and un-counterclaimed cop anything but town. Duh. 
15. lolguy- Hasn't said much yet. He must be learning (Lulz has gotten killed before for talking too much) 
16. Lenlo- Faint town read, again, just a gut feeling. 
17. Womby- After a brilliant play like that shibboleth, I'm calling Wom town. 
18. Despo- Not living up to his meta, but the lack of WOTs is likely due to DM's issues. I'm calling him clean so far, but not quite Town in my book. 
19. WoT13- Probably town, for the reasons I stated above. 
20. Starrik- Again, barely here. No read. 
21. Snowy- Has he even checked in? 
22. Tina- I'm getting pings of defensiveness here. Most of what she's said has been to defend herself or divert attention elsewhere. 
23. Thorum- I'm not sure. 

My guess it's Wombat who's not used my Doc power-up yet...

Okay, just heard from Basil he had forgotten to say it wasn't delivered until day phase... But already said, can't change this anymore...

Discussing gameplay at night usually favors the mafia imo.

Why do you think I am not yet telling who I gave my power-up, or what that power-up was?

Thought you weren't going to say it until day started?

I wanted to reveal BEFORE the day started, but AFTER the Mafia had send in their kill. Changed my mind about that from what I was first wanting to do.

My guess it's Wombat who's not used my Doc power-up yet...

Already used it on one of you and BB.  Flipped a coin.

Would have used it on myself but I already had a vest.

I'm not sure now... As above, Basil said to me that the powers weren't delivered until the day started, but at the same time I'm not sure this'd be a mafia move either.

Way to role dump, folks. The mafia's probably dancing for joy right now. I'm still on page 33, but then again I'm rarely active on Sundays (for religious reasons). 

OK, here's the much-anticipated (at least by RTE) LIST, Heart style. But no colors. Sorry. 

1. Ithi- Appears to be lying low, a behavior uncommon for Ithi. Sure, she's posting, but I haven't seen the kind of cases we're used to from her. 

2. Turin- Pingy, just a little. I don't like how eagerly he jumped on to Wombat's little shibboleth. 

3. RTE- Newbie. I'll give him a break, especially since he seems to be a very attentive learner. 

4. Darthe- Dead townie. 

5. Falcon Ironeyes- Obviously town, and handsome to boot. 

6. Smiley- Has barely contributed at all, apparently due to connectivity issues. No read yet. 

7. Rand- Faintly town to me, but I'm not quite sure why. 

8. Ley- Probably town. I won't call it sure until we see that role proven. 

9. Random- No read, for the same reasons as Smiley. 

10. BG- I'm not sure. I haven't seen enough material from him to be sure. 

11. Maw- See above. 

12. Tress- Barely here. No read yet. 

13. Kaylee- Quiet, but that's her modus operandi on day one anyway. No read yet. 

14. Bard Babe- Well, I know better than to call and un-counterclaimed cop anything but town. Duh. 

15. lolguy- Hasn't said much yet. He must be learning (Lulz has gotten killed before for talking too much) 

16. Lenlo- Faint town read, again, just a gut feeling. 

17. Womby- After a brilliant play like that shibboleth, I'm calling Wom town. 

18. Despo- Not living up to his meta, but the lack of WOTs is likely due to DM's issues. I'm calling him clean so far, but not quite Town in my book. 

19. WoT13- Probably town, for the reasons I stated above. 

20. Starrik- Again, barely here. No read. 

21. Snowy- Has he even checked in? 

22. Tina- I'm getting pings of defensiveness here. Most of what she's said has been to defend herself or divert attention elsewhere. 

23. Thorum- I'm not sure. 

Don't like either of these posts. The first one is feux disappointment- there's only one person who hinted at their claim without being under duress of a lynch, and that was Darthe, and there was a reason for him doing so. The other two reveals were Inventor and Cop, and both of them came because the people who claimed them were under a lot of pressure and had lynches building on them. We know there is a LD, but he/she hasn't revealed, we only know because of Darthe's flip. Wombat never claimed anything, and it turned out that shibboleth thing was just a clever play on his part.

And oh yeah, RTE claimed vanilla, but that's cause he's a noob. Could still be scum, but the vanilla claim was somewhat of a null tell since his ears are still wet

So basically, 3 roles outed, but one of them is already dead, and the other 2 claims were pretty much forced. So your whole "way to role dump, folks" statement is both off the mark and it feels disingenuous, it seems like you saw other people talking about the abundance of claims (which there really aren't any so far), and figured you'd ride on their coattails and try to look townie.

As for your list, I don't like it at all. You let a few people off the hook that i think have more against them, and more importantly you pretty much either give a town read, or a "no read yet" on almost EVERYONE in the game besides Tina. If she's the only one that you are suspicious of after your catchup read, that makes me pretty worried about you.

Plus you're a replacement, and as I've said many times I'm always wary of replacements.

Archived