DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crazy Theories!

Stevros

Mat will ditch Tuon and marry Birgitte.

Mat and Birgitte will be lovers. Mat will still be married to Tuon. (Would be better to read about) (The sexual tension between Mat and Birgitte is hyper intense)

Mat convinces Tuon she can channel my through Mats ta'veren nature manages to save the Seanchan empire and unwittingly becomes Emperor.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all turns out that this long and drawn out story is all the figment of Rands insanity. They never left the two rivers. Everything that has happend has all been in his head. He in fact lives with Tam on the farm locked in a closet so he doesnt harm anyone with his wildness, what no one knows is that it is really the one power trying to come to the front so to say. The last chapter involes Lan and Moraine coming into the two rivers and finding Rand and then gentling him. Then he dies.

flicker

I win again Lews Therin!!!

flicker

Tam al'Thor's storyline is not out of sequence. There are actually 2 Tams; one with Perrin and one with Rand. The Tam with Rand is Demandred, and his mission is to soften Rand up before the Last Battle.

Or maybe the Tam with Rand is actually the Tam from a Portal Stone reflection, and that version of Tam is a Forsaken Blight farmer, who went over to the Shadow because Morgase put taxes on Two Rivers tabac. Hes been breeding Worms for years

Tam al'Thor's storyline is not out of sequence. There are actually 2 Tams; one with Perrin and one with Rand. The Tam with Rand is Demandred, and his mission is to soften Rand up before the Last Battle.

Or maybe the Tam with Rand is actually the Tam from a Portal Stone reflection, and that version of Tam is a Forsaken Blight farmer, who went over to the Shadow because Morgase put taxes on Two Rivers tabac. Hes been breeding Worms for years

Wow! Tam breeding worms! Gotta wonder about the double meaning possibilities of that crazy theory! Aginor would probably be interested! 

I just posted something similar in "most emotionally jarring moments" on the General Discussion forum, but I thought I might as well post it here as well. 

Rand is Satan. 

Yes, you read that right. 

The name "Lews Therin" is a corruption of "Lucifer", and "Ishamael" is obviously a corruption of "Ishmael". 

During the War of Power, the only time Lews Therin faced Ishamael on the field of battle was "outside the gates of Paaren Disen", which is obviously a corruption of "Paradise" (i.e. Lucifer fought Death outside the gates of Heaven). 

My theory surmises Lews Therin/Rand must merge souls with Ishamael/Moridin, in the vein of Slayer, in order to defeat Padan Fain (an evil outside the Pattern). There is quite a bit of foreshadowing in this regard, which would mean Fain is the true antagonist, rather than the Dark One. 

Now consider, the name "Lucifer" means "son of the dawn" or "the shining one" in Hebrew (both of which are nicknames for Rand in the book, I believe). The name "Ishmael" means "a divine promise" or "God has hearkened". And, as we all know, the name "Moridin" means "Death" in the Old Tongue from the book. 

Now, consider the name "Satan". It means "adversary" in Hebrew, which is exactly what a Rand/Moridin Slayer would be for Padan Fain, a worthy adversary. 

So, if my theory is correct: Lucifer + Death = Satan. Ishamael's purpose is the "fulfillment of a divine promise" (i.e. that Rand would fight under the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai - the Light & the Dark united as one - Yin Yang). And consider, in Judaism, Ishmael is an ambiguous figure. He's evil, but he's also repentant (he also had two wives... a la Cyndane & Moghedien... but I digress). 

Meaning, this entire series is about the fall of Lucifer and the rise of Satan. Granted, I could be wrong about that (and probably am), but that realization really blew me away when I thought of it. It may already be a well-known theory, I don't know, but I did reach that conclusion on my own, for what it's worth. 

Edit: Also, the title "Nae'blis" is a corruption of the Islamic word "Iblis", which means "devil". So, Lucifer + Iblis = Satan. 

I'm personally a firm believer in the theory that Sorilea is a Darkfriend. That is of course not particularly crazy and I certainly wasn't the one to come up with it. That being said, I've a slight suspicion as to what Sorilea's motives are and that is where the crazy comes in.

Perhaps when Sorilea went to Rhuidean the second time she, like Avi, went through the glass columns again after witnessing the past. Seeing the same future as Avi, Sorilea dedicated herself to the destruction of the Aiel at the Last Battle. She would sacrifice her own honor and become a Shadowrunner so that the Aiel could end in glorious battle with their honor intact rather than generations of degradation.

I just posted something similar in "most emotionally jarring moments" on the General Discussion forum, but I thought I might as well post it here as well. 

Rand is Satan. 

Yes, you read that right. 

The name "Lews Therin" is a corruption of "Lucifer", and "Ishamael" is obviously a corruption of "Ishmael". 

During the War of Power, the only time Lews Therin faced Ishamael on the field of battle was "outside the gates of Paaren Disen", which is obviously a corruption of "Paradise" (i.e. Lucifer fought Death outside the gates of Heaven). 

It is an interesting thought if you take into account the commonly held belief that Masonic teachings are centered around worship of Lucifer, as a bringer of enlightenment and freedom as opposed to the typical archetype as the Lord of Darkness.  If what I read is accurate Robert Jordan was an admitted Mason as far as I know even though he preferred to keep those beliefs mostly private; if it was something he believed (most Masons I have known take it pretty seriously) it would certainly influence his magnum opus.  I had always found it odd that Lews Therin held titles that are typically associated with the Christian concept of Lucifer and it would make some sense in that light.  

I am not saying you are necessarily right, but it is definitely thought provoking.  I have often considered his background in physics and how it might have shaped the story he was telling, but never considered anything like Masonic beliefs.  Even if they were not things he believed personally I know he was very eclectic in his reading, particularly in regards to things like religion and philosophy, I could not see him being unaware of these ideas.  Good post though, it made me want to re-examine the story with a new eye.  

Cadsuane seeing even Red sisters bonding warders finally decides that she wants a warder before the last battle... so she bonds Loial against his will!

Lol .... Erith would corner her in a stedding a knock some sense into her! Then she would say, "Pass his bond to me."

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy theory?? Well this one has been on my mind for a long time and Ive never seen anyone else with it but Im not sure if its original but here goes...

Rand (somehow or whatever) gets his hand on the dull knife that will supposedly shield him from TDO sight, Travels to Shayol Ghul, and proceeds to troll the living daylights out of TDO by saying.....

"Shai'tan.... Shai'tan...Shai'tan"

personally i think thats how The Last Battle will be won...

Archived