DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crazy Theories!

Stevros

I have a feeling that at least one completely unseen/crazy theory may just come true in this book.

I'm interested in what completely off the wall theory people have come up with that could just come true. I'm not talking about the well thought out ideas your sure about, but that thousand to one shot that you've come up with only to say nah, could never happen.

I'd like to hear those theories the crazier the better. (Though all are still technically possible)

A couple of examples.

Targ theory: Taim is really Narg reborn in a human body, because the Dark One decided to reward him due to the fact 'Narg smart'.

Bela is the Creator: The creator decided he(/she/whatever) that he wanted a first person view of the events so he decided to watch the last battle play out through the eye's of a horse.

The Other heroes of the Horn: As we know RJ wrote that our world was just a different age of the Wheel of Time, surely there are some from our time to make the cut as heroes. So who we will see, you guessed it Arnold Schwarzenegger saying 'I'm back!'

Flicker: Rand gets killed, we hear the voice I've won again Lews Therin. Then Rand and party realise he's transported them to Toman head too late and the last battle is over, but its ok as Thom won it for the good guy's (due to some random coincidences and luck), but Loial thinks the last vision is a much better and more epic story so decides to write that as his historical account only tweaking the end so Rand killed the DO.

Kindle Theory: The Kindle ter'angreal is so old that it has in it a copy of TEotW (from the last turning of the wheel) in it and someone starts to read the series, gets hooked on, but when her reading catches up with current events it creates a Black hole and the whole universe is destroyed (Dark One included.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand dies. Perrin dies. In a last ditch effort, Nynaeve and Moraine force Mat to go to Shayol Ghul to confront the DO. Turns out the hat Lanfear sold Mat in TSR makes the wearer a movable True Power buffer, making the very channeling of the TP impossible. The DO, unable to attack, challenges Mat to a dice off for the world. Mat wins and sends the DO away to chill with the Aelfinn and Eelfinn. Their aversion to the shadow causes their world to collapse upon itself, killing them and DO.

My crazy theory is that the very last line of the book will be:

A bemused Rand shook his head and thought, after all this - everything I've been through - I still don't understand women as well as Mat and Perrin!

Fish

this has to happen

I like the idea of this thread! Love the Kindle theory.

I've actually been collecting a few crazy theories I've seen on the forums. Here is one I kind of like

Taim is Moridin's son.

Who's the mother? :wink:

Narg

This would explain why Taim doesn't like Rand, he killed his mother...

We will actually get valuable answers at the end of the book, major plotlines which have been with us for 10+ books will be resolved in a satisfying way (Seanchan invasion, Aiel, women vs. men, Ashaman), we will find out the Dark One's true motivations and gain insight into how the world works.

Now that's a crazy theory, if I've ever heard one! I scare me.

I've actually been collecting a few crazy theories I've seen on the forums. Here is one I kind of like

Taim is Moridin's son.

Narg

lol didn't think of that bit :p

Taim is Moridin's son.

Narg

ROFL! that was great! now we have an in-book justification. the theory is looking better and better.

Rand will realize to live he must die means that the DO has a bit of his soul in Rand - the link with Moridin. which gave him that scar on his forehead.

So he must die in order to Kill the DO.

Rand lets Demandred blast him, and Rand find himself in a train station with a shrivelled up Moridin under a bench. Rand then is pulled out of the train dream and blasts the DO.

At the same time - Eqwene is blasting all the insufferable women she knows.

Slightly almost not-quite PG13 below in white text coz I canny find how to do a spoiler tag

Secretly Min was super foamy for Rand in TGS, she ends up sleeping with Moridin behind his back, and precisely at their first climax Rand sees Moridins face. Rands all "ugh, WTF is he pulling THAT face for?" Min and Mori have a cigarette for afters, Moridins led there with the smuggest face ever, Mins all like "'whats so funny?"

"I just drilled a bore."

The Other heroes of the Horn: As we know RJ wrote that our world was just a different age of the Wheel of Time, surely there are some from our time to make the cut as heroes. So who we will see, you guessed it Arnold Schwarzenegger saying 'I'm back!'

Flicker: Rand gets killed, we hear the voice I've won again Lews Therin. Then Rand and party realise he's transported them to Toman head too late and the last battle is over, but its ok as Thom won it for the good guy's (due to some random coincidences and luck), but Loial thinks the last vision is a much better and more epic story so decides to write that as his historical account only tweaking the end so Rand killed the DO.

I'd be happy with either of these.

I have a strange sense of humor and know no one else would like it, but I'd be happy with either of these.

Archived