DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crazy Theories!

Stevros

I like the idea of this thread! Love the Kindle theory.

I've actually been collecting a few crazy theories I've seen on the forums. Here is one I kind of like

Taim is Moridin's son.

Who's the mother? :wink:

Bela.

The Dark One is the Creator.

There are actually serious theories about this on Theoryland...

My crazy theory is that Cyndane and Moridin fall in love with each other, return to the light, kill the other Forsaken that are still alive, and then tell Rand how to seal away the Dark One.

Oh wow. So Taim is part horse in this theory?

Not sure I can think of any two people less likely to fall in love than Cyndane and Moridin. Although now that I think of it, if Lanfear likes powerful men so much, why hasn't she ever turned her attention from LTT to Ishy? And why is it that the people who joined the Shadow out of jealousy for LTT (Sammael, Demandred) never have a similar attitude toward Ishy? I would have thought they would, because screw quitting somewhere else because you're second best... only to find out you're STILL second best, and to someone that seems to be slightly weaker than LTT and is bats*** crazy on top of that. Nobody thought this was a crappier deal than what they had to begin with? LTT must have been one hell of a jerk.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lews Therin was a bit of an arrogant jerk.

We see that in the aMoL chapter 1.

It's funny, if not for Lews Therin, the Shadow might not have been so successful.

Be'lal Sammael and Demandred all turned because of Lews Therin, 3 of the best generals of the Age.

Add Lanfear, the strongest female channeler and an expert in TAR, it doesn't look good on Lews Therin's record.

He was a good man in general, but his arrogance and pride did a lot of damage.

Yeah, no kidding. Actually, the current good guys have a little bit of this problem, too. They are always screwing themselves over through pride, mistrust, greed, and lack of confidence in each other... but most of them haven't decided to join the Shadow as a result. Was LTT actually somehow MORE jerkish than the whole White Tower combined?

I guess the whole LTT being a jerk thing ties in really well with the themes of problematic miscommunication and good guys jacking things up even as they fix them.

The White Tower arrogance is a different kind.

Lews Therin wasn't really that much of a jerk, he wasn't an insufferable ass. It was just that he was the greatest man of the Age, and he knew it.

It wasn't exactly Lews Therin's fault completely that those people turned to the Shadow, it was in large part their own personalities. However, like Rand said, if he had been less arrogant and competitive, he may not have driven those people to the Shadow.

So yeah, he was a bit arrogant, but he was a good man with good intentions still.

Ishy was't a general in the AoL, he was more a professor. So when the other Forsaken who turned from the Light because of their hatred/jealousy of LTT having Ishy lead them wasn't an issue. He specialized in other areas beisdes warfare. His obsession wasn't with that age's Dragon, but the very Dragon himself, the champion of the Light

I'm totally stealing this idea - from the noone can walk so long in the shadow thread in Spoilers:

Maybe the Dark One himself..... He has apparently walked in the shadow for all the other turnings of the Wheel. Not to turn this into a 'is this the true Last Battle' debate, but this incarnation of the wheel is calling it the Last Battle. So maybe it is the Dark One who no longer walks in the shadow

The DO turns to the light as foreshadowed by the oft repeated phrase - no-one can walk so long in the shadow. There is after all nobody that has walked in the Shadow longer!

Indeed, we don't need to correct people on the unlikeness of the theory here. This is for those wacky theories.

I mean, I'm not going to start removing or editing posts if people start correcting others, but lets just let the crazy theories flow eh?

My unlikely theories

Forsaken:

- Demandred kills Rand, realises that killing him wasn't that great and abandon's the shadow, Rand is resurrected, Demandred shakes his head and gives up, opens a Gateway and is never seen again.

-Moridin: Finds out the DO has been lying to him about destroying the Pattern and is actually planning to rule the world like the others believe. Moridin is then in a philosophical conundrum. Meanwhile, Rand seals the DO away while Moridin is pondering playing Sha'rah. Killed by Cyndane and Moghedien because of the crap they endured when he had their mindtraps.

-Cyndane: Manages to get her mindtrap enlisting Rand's aid. Helps Rand seal the bore in hope that he will love her for it. Kills Moridin as above. Explodes in a fit of rage when Rand doesn't actually love her. Kills herself like Lews Therin and creates the mountain known as the "Knife of Dreams".

-Moghedien; Is captured by Nynaeve when trying to kill her, Nynaeve can't be bothered to kill her because of how cowardly she has, and gives the mindtrap to Birgitte. Birgitte makes her help out at the LB. Teams up with Cyndane to kill Moridin. After everything is done, she remains Birgitte's serving maid and has a tempestuous affair with Halwin Norry.

- Graeffalump: Captured trying to kill Galad and Berelain because of their beauty. As a prisoner after the Shadow is defeated, she gives up on her evil ways and falls in love with Olver and they later marry.

Well, since the Shadow by definition means following the DO, it isn't possible to Shai'tan to turn to the Light.

But that makes sense. This is for crazy theories!

Shaidar Haran is Narg transmigrated (and given elocution lessons :wink: )

Well that ruins Narg for me then. He's a boss.

My crazy theory is that Demandred is actually Taim. I don't know how he would have done this and since its I haven't gotten past the path of daggers in my reread I'm still sketchy on details but it just seems to fit for me. Although I'm probably 100% wrong as someone will point out after i post this.

I guess you would have seen that it is full spoiler board so no taim is not demandred, but Bela is the creator and she will be the one to seal the Do back forever when she does the mating ritual danec with one of many dead horses ridden by Valan Luca. Of course after that it will turn out that it was Bela who was the dark one and she has managed to wall of creator. She laughs and says Lews Therin I won again. OOOooooooooooh I am scared

PS: that is after everyone realizes that Fain was the poor innocent guy and mistress alvere had used compulsion on him to turn him into laughing little maniac.

It all turns out that this long and drawn out story is all the figment of Rands insanity. They never left the two rivers. Everything that has happend has all been in his head. He in fact lives with Tam on the farm locked in a closet so he doesnt harm anyone with his wildness, what no one knows is that it is really the one power trying to come to the front so to say. The last chapter involes Lan and Moraine coming into the two rivers and finding Rand and then gentling him. Then he dies.

My crazy theory is that Rand re-crafts some sort of One power hand to replace the missing one that is constantly there. This could be a link to super rand gaining some of the talent that his children with Avi had in her vision of the future from the ter'angreal in Rhuidean. Being taveren doesn't fully explain the reaction of the AS to Rand at the beginning of ToM in my humble opinion.

However! What really drives this belief is why did they hide his missing hand again on the cover of the book? We all know by this point he is missing his hand...right...?!

My crazy theory is that Rand re-crafts some sort of One power hand to replace the missing one that is constantly there. This could be a link to super rand gaining some of the talent that his children with Avi had in her vision of the future from the ter'angreal in Rhuidean. Being taveren doesn't fully explain the reaction of the AS to Rand at the beginning of ToM in my humble opinion.

However! What really drives this belief is why did they hide his missing hand again on the cover of the book? We all know by this point he is missing his hand...right...?!

I asked the same thing when the cover came out, that he was hiding his stump and I questioned whether it was intentional. I believe it was confirmed that he still had his stump; my guess is he is the superhero so no need to show a weakness for him at his finest hour, given you can already see the blood on his side from his wound anyways.

After the Last Battle, which Rand survives, Rand will go back to the Aiel Waste for some alone time. While resting he will see a flash of light before him and the great and mighty Q will appear before him and tell him that he task is not over. Q will then teleport him to a strange place with dragons and people chanting and worshiping them. Seeing the dragons on his arms, they will name him Aegon....

Failes dies. But it turns out for all Tenobia's high standards, she and her cousin had the exact same taste in men. Perrin just goes with it. And the crown etc.

To seal DO he has to be seduced and distracted by his femme fatale, Time.

She went off with Wen, didn't she? And those trousers don't suit her..

Lol damn. Hmm I suppose the lad that replaced her will have to do.

Archived