DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Announcing the Second Annual Winter Carnival (Jan 15-Jan 21)

Jeran

The White Ajah will be holding our Second Annual Winter Carnival starting on January 15 and running for 1 week.

Some of the activities will include:

* Snowfort Battle

* Skating Ball in front of the White Tower where the King and Queen of the Ball will be crowned

* Create a new brand of Faery Dust which will be immortalized in the White Ajah Forbidden Forest

* Snowflake making contest

* The Amazing Race - this will be a logic puzzle challenge in which you will solve puzzles as you race about the towns and cities surrounding the White Tower.

The Amazing Race will need a bit of pre-planning. It will start during the Carnival and last for 4 weeks (the length of a seminar). You can participate by yourself or on a team of two. Please PM me or sign up in this thread if you wish to participate. When signing up you can include your team name if you wish to have one. You can sign up until January 10, 2007. Feel free to ask questions in this thread.

Outline of how The Amazing Race will work:

* Answer 1-2 puzzles a week. To make it fair to those in different time zones and to introduce an element of strategy to the race bonus points will be given each week to the team who posts in a certain position. For example in a given week I might say that the 5th team to post their answer will get bonus points. There will also be a deadline at the end of the week for submitting answers.

* After you PM me your answers you will immmediately go to the White Ajah board to post a response in the Race thread indicating that you have posted. This way people can watch the thread and decide when to submit their answers to try and get bonus points. Your post will be in the form of a description of how you travelled from the previous stop on the Race to the current stop. It need not be very long. For example it could be as simple as, "We caught a ship in Whitebridge just in time and travelled to Illian. We found the puzzle and submitted the answer to the Puzzle box." Or you can make it as detailed as you like.

* Points will be given for correct answers and bonus points for your position in submitting the answers.

oh cool!!

I can't sign up as I provided some of the puzzles but I'll be on the cheering box with my pompoms and whistles and drums to cheer you all on!!

*gets her stuff and prepares the box*

Have fun everyone!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The Amazing Race will start on Tuesday January 16 on the White Ajah Board. I will post either late Monday or Tuesday morning with the first puzzle.

I have sent messages to all who have signed up. You may still sign up solo or as a team of 2 until Monday January 15.

Archived