DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How much do you read "The Wheel of Time" series?

Mikeel

I read alot, If i were an action figure my accesories would come with, but not limited to, a book. I always have a book with me and i read more than one book at a time. No matter what i'm reading though i am always reading a Wheel of Time book. This got me to wondering how often other people read "The Wheel of Time"?

whats the wheel of time? is it a good series?

ok i'm on read through 9 currently :tongue:

It and the main dragonlance books have taken a huge chunk of my reading time over the years. I have over 600 books that sit in my library and most of them have only gotten a single read through, while these and a few others have gotten tons. I doubt i've read any other series i own more than twice except these.

The first 6 or so, I've read close to 6 or 7 times (haven't kept track). Books 7 to 9 about 2-3 times. Everything after that 1 time. I am re-reading them all right now and am on book 3.

After I got my Kindle, I dove into indipendant authors. I liked to just take a chance on a free or 99c book, and found a few authors that I continued on to read more books. So, it has been a few years since I picked up and WoT book.

I started out trying to read the entire series every time a new book came out. So, I've read tEotW at least 10 times, and the rest of the progressively less to about book 8, where I just read the books as they came out.

I listen to the audio books rather than reading the actual books (as a single father it's hard to find time to actually read) and I am on my third time through. It'a amazing how more you pick up each time around.

That is what makes the Wheel so great. The ability to see more in every single read. It is not just a simple re-read, each time it broadens your knowledge of the Wheel.

I have read though most of the books a couple of times. I pick them up off the shelves every now and again and read them, though I probably find my favorite chapters or sections where I need to refresh information for the RPG games I GM more often than I sit down and read the books cover to cover. I find something new every time I read the books though and I do not think I will tire of them anytime soon, I have been a fan since I was sixteen and that is fourteen years ago now when my hubby read some chapters from the first book to me on our first date, I did not want to start reading that huge books in English since I have dyslexia, but he got me hooked on them, and on that type of fantasy in general.

over 45 times i think, ive lost count many times ill finish the last book and start right back on the first one. After Amol comes out ill probally not read them again for a while.

45 times, holy cow that is allot. :D

Ive gotten to the point in alot of the books that i read that once i go through the first few chapters i remember everything that happens in the book. All my hardbacks show the wear of over reading. Thats why i have all of the WOT on the kindle now. Back in the days of my fatness lol over 25o pounds all i did was read and thats when i found the WOT lol

I picked up this series about a year ago, and over the past 6 months ive found it hard to think of anything else, much less read anything else. Im only on my first reread in prep for AMoL. I love the series but some chapters just suck. Like all of the Sevanna chapters in ACoS or any of the elayne chapters after the escape from the Seanchan when they decide to ride to Caemlyn. Ive found myself just skipping 10s of pages at a time of information I dont need to understand the plot. Besides some of those chapters are just foreshadowing and I would like for most of AMoL to be a surprise when I read it.

When ADWD came out last year I actually forgot about WoT (in that I'd occasionally read a favorite passage here and there at most) for a pretty extended period of time. It was great timing, actually, since re-reading ToM was like nails on a chalkboard and new ASoIaF is always more than welcome. After that I was reading other series and other books. Looking back on that year or so, it was almost blissful, but then they released the new WoT content and whatever part of my mind that was obsessed with it clicked on again. I was in the middle of another book and suddenly I picked up the Shadow Rising and read it all the way through. I doubt I'll be able to make it through a non-WoT book until after AMoL comes out. The infuriating thing is that it doesn't seem to matter that the new content is of such decidedly sub-par quality, I have to find out the ending.

Overall TEotW through KoD about a dozen or more times. The latest ones... much less.

Overall TEotW through KoD about a dozen or more times. The latest ones... much less.

Ditto, have been through up to KoD maybe 8+times. Martin, Rothfuss and Bakker have held my attention in recent years however when reading fantasy. It's almost depressing when you compare say Prince of Nothing or NotW to TGS & ToM.

This is probably around my 4th time or so, although the first time I read through KoD was about to be released. I re-read the series each time a new book is coming out, just to refamiliarize myself. The only other series that I've read more than once is the Lion of Senet series. So good.

Series as a whole...............3 times.

EOTW and TGH.................at least 7 times.

TFOH..................................at least 5.

Dumai's Wells.....................Countless times.

The Cleansing....................Countless times.

Veins of Gold......................Countless times.

A visit from Verin Sedai......Countless times.

Quite indicitave of my fave bits..Iv'e noticed!

I'm also reading WoT all the time. I read my favourite books/scenes again and again.. I have books all over my house and I can read one book at the morning before going to work and another in the evening. It's funny, I've never read any series so intensively but also skipping parts. And I haven't even finished two last books. I'm reading all series in english now because they won't translate the last books in my native language. I have to practice that I understand at least something!

I've read WoT considerably less than most people on here - books 1-11 I've read twice, and 12 and 13 once each.

Although I just listened to TEOTW and and listening to TGH now. Listening to the books provides a whole new perspective. I believe all the detail RJ provides comes through much better listening to a reading. Enjoying it very much. Plan on listening to them all.

I've read WoT considerably less than most people on here - books 1-11 I've read twice, and 12 and 13 once each.

Although I just listened to TEOTW and and listening to TGH now. Listening to the books provides a whole new perspective. I believe all the detail RJ provides comes through much better listening to a reading. Enjoying it very much. Plan on listening to them all.

I've always found the exact opposite with audio books - I can't pay attention to them, so I miss more than I would have done if I was just reading them normally.

I just started a TEOTW a couple years ago. It turned out to be pretty good timing. Read them all fairly quickly with a bit of a stall around COT. Finished TGS, and TOM was just out in hardback. That was the first hardback book I bought. Then I got into this site and then the audiobooks. I listened to the whole series twice and will probably do one more complete read/listen before AMOL.

I've always found the exact opposite with audio books - I can't pay attention to them, so I miss more than I would have done if I was just reading them normally.

I think when I was younger that would have been a problem for me. But I listen to talk radio now more than music so I'm kinda prepped for audio books now I think. I love it actually. I repaired and painted a fence last week while listening to TEOTW and I found myself doing a more complete job of it too..since I wanted to keep listening to the book. :P

Same. One long descriptive passage and I'll just zone out. I'd miss all kinds of things. I like setting my own pace for one, but also the act of reading is what engages me more than anything.

Archived