DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The 'Called It' Thread

Randommer

I think Avi saves Tuon. Her vision of the future had regret that the empress of the Seachan had died so I think Avi realizes it's important Tuan lives.

I also think all major good guy characters live. No one major has died yet. The only one that seemed dead books ago (Moraine) is still alive. Noal died, but he didn't seem that major to me. It just doesn't seem like RJ's style to have good guys die.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'd completely forgotten about all that time stuff. I always sort of had a theory that Rand or someone would figure out how to use the OP to turn the wheel of time backwards, considering the OP is the force that drives it. I have no real evidence for that theory, but then that is the point of this thread. It is interesting that time stuff might come into it in some way, though.

that quote by Brandon says that the effect of whatever is in store will be localized so turning the whole wheel backwards seems quite unlikely to me. but who knows. I do think it's important and I haven't seen much by the way of theories on the subject. The only thing I can think of myself is that there seems to be a merging of TAR and the real world near Shayol Ghul and we know that time in TAR can flow with different speed.

More wishes than theories; but I'll post them here and take credit or blame when the time comes:

- Sorilea is not a Darkfriend

- Demandred has more than one niche. He is somehow connected to Seanchan and Shadow armies along the Blight border

- Moridin masterminded the Caemlyn assault

More wishes than theories; but I'll post them here and take credit or blame when the time comes:

- Demandred has more than one chubby hole. He is somehow connected to Seanchan and Shadow armies along the Blight border

I'm gonna need some clarification on 'chubby hole' cause there is no way we are thinking the same thing

- Demandred has more than one chubby hole. He is somehow connected to Seanchan and Shadow armies along the Blight border

I'm gonna need some clarification on 'chubby hole' cause there is no way we are thinking the same thing

Win!

Lol ... Mistake! I'll edit.

Said it before somewhere but probably not in here... but I think Rand wont reseal the Bore himself, his job is purely to kick the Dark One in the balls, and he needs to figure it out without another Taint. He does it, and its actually some Aes Sedai that reseal the Bore with the 100 weaves.

Some speculation I want to throw out there.

1) Elayne will die during or soon after giving birth. Min's viewing is very specific: the babes will be born healthy. Elayne takes this as guaranteed safety. I see that confidence as coming back to haunt her.

2) Perrin will save Rand from Slayer. This will fulfill the prophecy that Rand will need Perrin twice and also be the 'intended' final confrontation between Perrin and Slayer, on the belief that much of their conflict in TOWERS was embellished by Brandon.

3) Tel'Aran'Rhiod will be key to Healing the Bore.

4) The Shaido are the "remnant of a remnant." This has been a pet theory of mine since KNIFE. It seems unlikely that the other Aiel clans will return to the Three-Fold Land. They are being transformed from what they were, and their culture will change. The only ones who will keep Aiel culture are the Shaido, who were decimated by Perrin's attack. What's nice about this theory is that it also fits in with Avi's vision in TOWERS (remember, the Shaido are not included in the genocide by the Seanchan/Raven Empire), though it applies whether or not the "future wetlander" clans get destroyed.

@Agitel very one is entitled to their own theories, but remnant of remnant has given me more grief than any other single prophecy in the books. I mean who was making that prediction? An AS from AoL. Aiel means dedicated it was moir who pointed out before we knew, she said "I have always wondered what are the aiels dedicated to. Like wise w have Jenn Aiel true dedicated but again not quite maybe only true dedicated" she also said something about how funny old tongue is, but I got the essence of it. Point is that AS who made these predictions knew exactly what Aiel were dedicated to, which is way of leaf. Therefore, Shaido cannot possibly be the remnant as they have zero chance of going back to way of leaf. That remanant has to go back to way of leaf if thy ar going to be aiel we saw in the third age. So, I am sorry, but I think it will be extremely unlikely that Shaido are going to be the remanant.

I pretty much guessed how the opening of this book would play out. With the sacking of Caemlyn being the main thing we hear about and that event effecting the outcome of the big Meeting. How Elayne would find out about it and go rogue.

I also predicted how Avi would show up during the meeting and tell everyone about how powerful the Seachan could become and how they will treat the Aiel.

So far so good.

I am predicting that Rand actually is forced to bow to the Empress, and not just because he is playing a game, but because he absolutely will need the power of the Seachan to win this battle. With the destruction of most of the White and Black Tower's, the DO will have a much easier time fighting the armies of Randland then ever before. The situation will be dire, and almost unwinnable with the Seachan.

Somehow Mat will be involved, and will probably make Tuon promise or swear an oath not to attack anyone in the land anymore. Something like that.

@Agitel very one is entitled to their own theories, but remnant of remnant has given me more grief than any other single prophecy in the books. I mean who was making that prediction? An AS from AoL. Aiel means dedicated it was moir who pointed out before we knew, she said "I have always wondered what are the aiels dedicated to. Like wise w have Jenn Aiel true dedicated but again not quite maybe only true dedicated" she also said something about how funny old tongue is, but I got the essence of it. Point is that AS who made these predictions knew exactly what Aiel were dedicated to, which is way of leaf. Therefore, Shaido cannot possibly be the remnant as they have zero chance of going back to way of leaf. That remanant has to go back to way of leaf if thy ar going to be aiel we saw in the third age. So, I am sorry, but I think it will be extremely unlikely that Shaido are going to be the remanant.

I'm not sure I agree with it referring to those following the Way of the Leaf. The Aes Sedai who warned that the Aiel would be destroyed wasn't talking about the Jenn Aiel, but about the others. So what could the Aiel be dedicated to? Ji'e'toh and "traditional" Aiel culture.

But that's just my opinion. We'll see in AMoL . . . or at least, I hope we will.

• 2 weeks later...

To live, you must die. Three shall become one. Rand, Lews Therin and Moridin become physically connected. Or through some extension of their balefire connection, Moridin consumes Rand leaving Rand's blood on Shoyol Ghul. Alivia then Balefires Moridin/Rand/LTT, helping him die. Rand lives again, because balefire was enough to undo his death.

How do you feel about Galad and Berelain hooking up. Didn't Min say something about her falling from someone like him?

I don't believe Alivia knows how to make balefire. None of the Aes Sedai are teaching Alivia anything, certainly not a balefire weave. And none of the damane are ever mentioned as being able to make balefire.

The closest thing is the sparks that Bethamin and Seta make around Jolin, Edesina and Teslyn. Those look very similar to the sparks Asne made around Elayne, Vandene, Sareitha and Careane with the balefire producing rod. But that is likely a different weave.

• 1 month later...

My big "I called it" that I hope is true: Olver is Gaidal Cain reborn, and he and Birgitte will get together after the Last Battle.

Debunked by RJ.

QUESTION
Is Olver Gaidal Cain?
ROBERT JORDAN
No. I didn't really think that this would last as long as it has. The timing is wrong. He has another reason for being there besides being a red herring, though.

Full quote here: http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=161#23

On a more serious note: Rand will live, but he'll have the ability to channel burnt out of him, beyond even Nynaeve's ability to fix. He'll be OK with that.

I picture this ending. He'll end up gentled, and will live the rest of his days tending a farm in the Two Rivers with his children (Elayne, Avi and Min will all be dead). The book will end with one of Rand's children finding his sword, and him beginning to explain where he got it.

My big "I called it" that I hope is true: Olver is Gaidal Cain reborn, and he and Birgitte will get together after the Last Battle.

Debunked by RJ.

QUESTION
Is Olver Gaidal Cain?
ROBERT JORDAN
No. I didn't really think that this would last as long as it has. The timing is wrong. He has another reason for being there besides being a red herring, though.

Full quote here: http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=161#23

Awwww that makes me sad. 

First post, long time lurker...

Have had a pet theory for a long long time that my wife violently disagrees with, but here goes.

Logain is really the Dragon Reborn and will die "with glory like none other", meaning....

Rand lives happily ever after.

Moraine said something way back in book 1 or 2 about the Pattern 'needing a Dragon'... which is, I think, why Rand has been fulfilling Dragon prophecies (Logain couldn't, being gentled)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

First post, long time lurker...

Have had a pet theory for a long long time that my wife violently disagrees with, but here goes.

Logain is really the Dragon Reborn and will die "with glory like none other", meaning....

Rand lives happily ever after.

Moraine said something way back in book 1 or 2 about the Pattern 'needing a Dragon'... which is, I think, why Rand has been fulfilling Dragon prophecies (Logain couldn't, being stilled)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I think the easiest response to that one is the one Rand gave to Taim in LoC: The first prophecy was being born on the slopes of Dragonmount. Logain really, really wasn't. 

In my defense, prophecy is never exactly what you think it says...

With that said, I'm sure I'm wrong (don't tell my wife that though), and there are a hundred more holes you can poke in it (and my wife has :)

But given the title of the thread, I just wanted to get it out there, just in case of the extremely unlikely event I'm right :)

Archived