DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The 'Called It' Thread

Randommer

Yeah no worries, we see about Nyn when Alivia is wearing her ring set(paralis-net) and faces off against Lanfear.

WH

Abruptly the light of saidar appeared around the woman, but the ready ball of fire streaked from Cyndane's hand, small enough to escape detection she hoped, but enough to burn a hole through this woman who—

Just as it reached the woman, almost close enough to singe her garments, the web of Fire unraveled. The woman did not do anything; the net simply came apart! Cyndane had never heard of a ter'angreal that would break a web, but it must be that.

holy crap thats like my favorite chapter but i never put 2 and 2 together. is it ever mentioned again? Im willing to bet big N doesnt even know she has one, or she would go around acting sassy to everyone.

but at the same time - Mat's medallion prevents power from him and he couldnt be healed with it on....how does N heal people with it? Probably some weird answer I dont know. I'm also willing to bet the powers that be forgot Nyn has this terangel...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Terez, you enjoy killing people's dreams don't you ;)

Not really. I just figure we shouldn't waste time debating things that have already been clarified. And I also figure that we'll all be happier with the last book if we can debunk some of the wrong theories beforehand. If there are a bunch of people expecting the Power to go away at the end, they're bound to be disappointed. Same thing with, for example, Roedred. That one is pretty clear-cut so we might as well all get used to it and find things to like about it. Then at least we can have the satisfaction of having been right when it's revealed.

Well, I guess I'm not worried about being right, and I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the book despite my wild theories being wrong. To say that "they're bound to be disappointed" seems a little presumptive.

but at the same time - Mat's medallion prevents power from him and he couldnt be healed with it on....how does N heal people with it? Probably some weird answer I dont know. I'm also willing to bet the powers that be forgot Nyn has this terangel...

Elayne could channel with the original foxhead. It was only the imperfect copies that caused the issue.

Elayne could channel with the original foxhead. It was only the imperfect copies that caused the issue.

Um. Moiraine couldn't heal mat in book 5 when he wore the medallion and told him to take it off. Elaynes copies didnt get made until 3-4 books later. What issue was caused by the imperfect copies?

Um. Moiraine couldn't heal mat in book 5 when he wore the medallion and told him to take it off. Elaynes copies didnt get made until 3-4 books later. What issue was caused by the imperfect copies?

Right. But if the person doing the channeling is wearing the fox head(or others like it), it doesn't matter because the flows are not directed at them. You can channel while wearing one, but no one can channel at you with direct weaves.

The imperfect copies made it so the person wearing it could not channel...

I've never really credited the idea that one of Rand's three loves could be Ilyena reborn. But running with the idea, I'd wager on Aviendha. Ilyena's murder at the hands of her own husband, Lews Therin (not to mention their children and close friends), could potentially have left a lasting mark on her very soul. If she carried this mark through to a later life coinciding with a time in which has been LTT reborn, she might resist having anything to do with the man for reasons she can't begin to understand. This would explain why Aviendha put up so much of a fight resisting falling in love with Rand. Elayne's resemblance of Ilyena (in name, appearance, behavior, etc.) is probably better suited to explain Rand fell in love with Elayne so easily.

I don't really want either to be true though. I would cheapen the part of Rand's epiphany in TGS when LTT realizes "If I live again, then she might as well!".

Cenn Buie singlehandedly reseals the Bore with a long-forgotten thatching technique known as "Lightthatching." Contrary to overwhelmingly popular belief, this is the 50k chapter at the end penned exclusively by RJ.

The BLANK in the Blight is and always has been "[a] book on Lightthatching" and most of the second act in AMoL is Cenn's quest to find it.

Felix? Is that you?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be Felix?

Cenn Buie singlehandedly reseals the Bore with a long-forgotten thatching technique known as "Lightthatching." Contrary to overwhelmingly popular belief, this is the 50k chapter at the end penned exclusively by RJ.

The BLANK in the Blight is and always has been "[a] book on Lightthatching" and most of the second act in AMoL is Cenn's quest to find it.

Felix? Is that you?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be Felix?

It's an epic thing! :wink:

Check his theories, they fall right in line with the one you have posted above.

https://twitter.com/tinkerpride

My Bold predictions for AMOL

What is this, your 4th post here, you say? Now you’re making predictions. Tut, tut.

Others may suspect some of these or there are existing theories to support, prophecies or foreshadowings that could be interpreted to explain...a number have been mentioned in this thread, I’m just kind of agreeing and/or expanding…others are original I'd say to me and I’ve read or seen them no where despite lurking here for a year or two and being a big poster a decade back on RASFRJ usergroup.

These are things I both would like and predict to read in AMoL.

1) In A Memory of Light We Will See...That Aiel quote about how they will fight— “Til shade is gone, til water is gone, Into the shadow with teeth bared. Screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the Last Day” – will turn out to have a meaning pertaining to cultural memories of the Last Battle from previous turnings of the wheel. The mystery to me is whether the “screaming defiance” will have to do with Aiel singing, the Song, etc, or not.

2) In A Memory of Light We Will See…Egwene calling the Hall of the Tower to meet (maybe at the Fields of Merrilor, in Tar Valon, or in Caemlyn, where is irrelevant), and Rand Sedai shows up claiming his rights as "Eldest". Egwene as Amyrlin will look to Takima the WT law scholar, who faints dead away when realizing their own laws as Aes Sedai require giving Rand a say and consideration of what he wants. Then we get to enjoy the delicious irony of Rand out-maneuvering Egwene at her own game.

3) In A Memory of Light We Will See...Loial's humongous book of notes will be referred to by another character as an "encyclopedia" or as “encyclopedic”-- setting us readers up with a wink for you know when Harriet’s definitive WoT encyclopedia whenever it is released. This is a prediction of mine I'm sure someone somewhere has to have mentioned, but haven't seen it.

4) In A Memory of Light We Will See...The Emond's Field girls finding out Mat the scoundrel is married to the Empress of Seanchan, and Egwene being unable to hold back saying "blood and bloody ashes!"

5) In A Memory of Light We Will See...Sharina raised to Aes Sedai (skipping Apprentice level completely), as some of many new AS quickly raised by Egwene in response to LB preparations. While this has happened before (Aiel War comes to mind, maybe Trolloc Wars), I think this time will be more than ever. Further, I predict that Sharina Sedai will be placed in charge of an important job with other AS underneath her very quickly.

6) In A Memory of Light We Will See...the discovery of a stasis box in Moridin's things with cool stuff we know to be from the Age of Legends (shocklances, ter'angreal etc) but also...one or more items obviously to the reader from our real contemporary time ala the Merecedes Benz logo in the Tanchico Panarch’s museum...leaving us here in 2012 really thinking worriedly about any discovery of “new energy sources" potentially being the Dark One’s power in our own world.

7) In A Memory of Light We Will See...Tam the Blademaster being presented with a heron-marked power-wrought sword created by Perrin’s Ash’aman, then Tam in a sword fight duel, maybe protecting his son's flank while he does his thing at Shayol Ghul.

8) In A Memory of Light We Will See...Nynaeve starting a powerful revolution among the Aes Sedai attacking a) the Oath Rod usage, b) the stupidity of the "Me more OP Powerful, Me Must Be Obeyed" precedence custom among sisters, c) not getting married an isolating themselves from the world to the point that they lost touch. Of course this revolution won’t be completed before the end of the book, but we’ll see some evidence that it’s going to take place.

9) In A Memory of Light We Will See... at least one scene set in Shara. Personally, I'm just itching to see what that place is really about. It's unlikely but maybe they can attack across the Waste and mop up Therava and the rest of the stinking Shaido on their way to the Blight. In fact, the scene may not even be from a Sharan PoV but maybe a Shaido’s.

10) In A Memory of Light We Will See…Some extremely subtle foreshadowing as far back as TEoTW having a role in the Last Battle or aftermath of post-TG Randland. Like smack-your-head subtle but BIG "aha" moments you will catch on your first re-read of the entire series after finishing AMoL. I’m looking forward to reading TEoTW again almost as much as AMoL for that very reason!

11) In A Memory of Light We Will See...At least 2 of these 6 characters— Dobraine, Darlin, Roedran, Bashere, Gregorin, and Timolan— fighting on the side of the Shadow.

Those are my predictions.

- Danny

Rand will live and go off to the Two Rivers with Min to have kids with her. He will still see his other children.

Lan and Nynaeve will re start Malkier.

The Children of the Light will go off to Mayene and become Berelain's army because it will be pointless to be a Darkfriend any longer with the DO sealed up.

Gawyn will die a heroic death involving the bloodrings and redeem himself for being such a worthless jerk for so long.

Gareth Byrne and Siuan will have a bunch of kids so House Byrne won't die.

We will finally know who Demandred's alter ego is and what he's been up to all this time.

We will finally know who Demandred's alter ego is and what he's been up to all this time.

lol, you really went out on a limb with that one. :)

You know, it would be hilarious if we never found out, and just some reference about Demandred dying, but nobody knows who he was.

He-he, people will be burning Sanderson's effigies if this happens.

I'm kind of envisioning the last battle working out this way.

Nynaeve POV

Rand: OK, I'm going down into Shayol Ghul..

Nynaeve watches Rand wander down and off camera

<punching sounds>

Rand (from below): I won, but I'm dead..kind of

Thus ends A Memory of Light, Book 13 of the Wheel of Time

@TheDannyWelsh.. Re your item about new energy sources:

6) In A Memory of Light We Will See...the discovery of a stasis box in Moridin's things with cool stuff we know to be from the Age of Legends (shocklances, ter'angreal etc) but also...one or more items obviously to the reader from our real contemporary time ala the Merecedes Benz logo in the Tanchico Panarch’s museum...leaving us here in 2012 really thinking worriedly about any discovery of “new energy sources" potentially being the Dark One’s power in our own world.

I fear you have been ninja'd by Isaac Asimov. In a short story in the collection 'Earth is room enough' * he writes about an A-bomb test which is filmed by very high-speed cameras; so that when they watch the film, they see it all happen in slow-motion. And they see the fireball for a moment take on the face of Satan.. the story is called 'Hell-fire'.

*First published 1957!

I only have two theories I really care about, mostly due to how I think the book should feel...

• Perrin dies early, but his soul goes to TAR like the wolves. He helps Rand seal the bore/kill DO there. Faile will not die as she has to help lead the empire he created.
  • Avi gets preggers from some divine act of life creation channeling habaloo Rand does during TG. He seriously has no time for a date night right now. This is why they are always holding the OP - they were conceived by it.

Other ideas I care less about:

• Egwene is toast.
  • Lan and Nyn are toast, though Lan early and Nyn at Shayol Ghoul.

I don't really have any of my own but I just wanted to lol at something rq...

Re the bolded: So Avi's babies are Anakin Skywalker?

11) In A Memory of Light We Will See...At least 2 of these 6 characters— Dobraine, Darlin, Roedran, Bashere, Gregorin, and Timolan— fighting on the side of the Shadow.

Darlin and Bashere cannot be darkfriends because Rand has met with them after the VoG sequence.

Darlin and Bashere cannot be darkfriends because Rand has met with them after the VoG sequence.

You would be surprised how many people still try to argue around that...

Guest Tiriake

I haven't read all the threads here, so some of my predictions might already be dismissed. Sorry about that. But there are really lot of threads to read through. My predictions are based on my gut feeling and wishful thinking. They may be wrong... I just wanted to write them down, so when i finish AMoL i can read them again.

• Faile will die and then Perrin will die shortly after her.
  • Egwene and Gawyin will die.
  • Rand will live and leave.
  • Mat will give Tuon foxhead medallion, The one that wont allow the wearer to channel. I believe it will be what saves her, because i do think that the fact that suldams can channel will become a common knowledge and it will cause lot of trouble in the Empire. Not sure how, but that medallion will help her to remain as the Empress. And perhaps gives her more reason to trust Mat.
  • I think that the Seachans believe that sounder of the Horn will lead their army to the Last Battle. If I recall correctly Tuon thought somewhere that it is very important to find and get the person who sounded the Horn of Valere, that it is even more important than finding Dragon Reborn.
  • Also i have assumed for a long time that Mat will be the one who will bind the nine moons to Rand. His wife's previous title was daughter of the nine moons, he sounded the Horn of Valere ( that must mean something to the Seachan) and now he is Prince of Ravens.
  • Mat, Tuon, Nynaeve, Min, Elayne and Aviendha and Moiraine will live.

• I think that the Seachans believe that sounder of the Horn will lead their army to the Last Battle. If I recall correctly Tuon thought somewhere that it is very important to find and get the person who sounded the Horn of Valere, that it is even more important than finding Dragon Reborn.

She did. It's in KoD8, when she is playing stones with Mat, and suddenly asks him about the Dragon Reborn; then she talks about maybe the DR blew the Horn, and goes on:

"The reports I've seen from the place where it was blown, a place called Falme, are very disturbing. Very disturbing. Securing whoever blew the Horn, man or woman, may be as important as securing the Dragon Reborn himself."

Hmm. Good catch...

Archived