DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good Bye to DragonMount

So with this last and final book getting ready to be out there for all of us to enjoy, will you as a reader still keep coming to Dragonmount? I dont think i will, for the reason for me is that i wont need to be on here to see it any more it will be done ive only been on here to keep track of things for my self. So i really think that after its all said and done, ill just stop comming everyday. I may come back now and then if i do another reread but other than that i dont think i will.Really no reason for me to come on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll find my way here -much like I do now- in bursts of posts when I feel the urge and if I have the time.

That won't change, I guess. Why would it? WoT is a part of me.... D'mount is a part of me.

As with all things, legendary Dragonmount will fade into myth one day.

I'll try to postpone that fading for as long as I can.

Since I'm not here on a daily basis ...and because I don't want to miss the chance to say it;

So long, Prince of the Bong.

May you always find Grass and RizLa. :wink:

I'm on my first and last re-read at the moment. I usually never re-read books, but I want to refresh my memory for the final book.

I'm just about to finish LoC, so will have to slow down a bit to time it better with the release.

As to the question in the OP: I might visit while reading the last book and I will probably pop in every now and then afterwards if there's something I want to look up or some questions bothering me. But I certainly don't see myself visiting this site in a year. There are other books to read and other websites to explore.

Yah fter its all said and done there wont be any futher things to read upon the series,the outriggers wont be done, and the fact is all of the main theorys will be finished. So no point really for me as a reader to come back. Im sure now and then being a stay at home dad like i am ill get bored and maybee come back and post a few things,here and there. I have read the series since i was in 9th grade and now im 32 so pretty much a long ass time i have been waiting for the end.And i just can not see a discussion about things after the last book,abotu what happens next and all that jazz because its really not going to effect anything down the road,unless lets say in 20 years some one decides to try to get the rights to the books and starts going off on their own, but i really doubt that will ever happen.

It will be bitter sweet for sure that the end is near. And all the people on here that have made me mad, thoughtfull, and even confused on here will be missed. But it will be time to go on to the next chapter of life i guess. Maybee if my daughters ever read the series Camlyn being one of their names ill come back and show them this site, but its really hard to say.

There will still be many thing to talk about and the community here won't die just because the saga had ended.

O i know the community wont die. But really whats the point of comming up with things that more than likely we as readers will never know, since this is the last book and there wont be any others after this, other than the encylopedia if that ever comes out.

I've been here since 1998 off and on. I will probably leave and come back many times in the future.

I will probably not engage in posting on theorys of the series since I agree they will be done after this book.

I will continue to partake in the community aspect of the site. It will be interesting to see how the site changes when the series is completed.

Theories will probably still be very relevant even after aMoL. Tons of stuff will not have been sorted out. But I guess a lot of people will feel some closure and move on to other things since its done. Its a different state of mind when you still don't know how it ends.

There will always be à new generation of posters i believe, many people on this site have been here for years, it was somewhere to share and discuss théories in between waiting for books.

I'm brand new to the series (only just started my first re-read) and although i dont pertisipate in discussions offten, there will always be those new people that have just come across Eye of the World and want somewhere to discuss there thoughts or opinions etc

So, even though after Amol comes out and maybe some long time posters move on, i think there will always be that "new wave" of WoT fans.

There will always be à new generation of posters i believe, many people on this site have been here for years, it was somewhere to share and discuss théories in between waiting for books.

I'm brand new to the series (only just started my first re-read) and although i dont pertisipate in discussions offten, there will always be those new people that have just come across Eye of the World and want somewhere to discuss there thoughts or opinions etc

So, even though after Amol comes out and maybe some long time posters move on, i think there will always be that "new wave" of WoT fans.

Im sure that there will be newer people comming here for sure over the last few days i have seen a lot of people join up ( you can always tell by their posts lol) so we shall see

There will still be many thing to talk about and the community here won't die just because the saga had ended.

This, especially with the encyclopedia coming out after AMOL. There will be games and hopefully a movie. And if the Movie draws a large fan base, then TOR might pressure Harriet into doing the Outriggers. It's business, after all. Especially if they are going to keep new fans happy and make more than one movie. People can burn through the books in a few weeks, so teasers of more to come will keep new fans on.

Personally, I could stand to see more of Mat in an Outrigger, especially if he goes to Seanchan. Mat, a Tavern, Seanchan Blood, and a dice game. Enough said!

Personally I would like to see Wheel of Time in an HBO TV series like Game of Thrones.

When the site was in its first years it had a fraction of the members it has today. It can survive with a smaller following if that is what happens after the final book.

I would enjoy more books as well, but who will write them?

I di not want this thread until much later as it makes me all sobby and emotional sniff sniff, but honestly! This has been quite a ride I laughed with you people that I have never met and may be will never meet.I cried with you people I shared a part of me that only people like you could understand and I had one hell of the time during all that. I just want to take this opportunity to thank all of you the fans that made this story so special. As someone so rightly called you Prince of bong c u around man don't worry we will find something else to fight for after all we have been at it for well over a decade.

the outriggers wont be done

Is that a certainty? I would think that there would be a strong demand for more material, has Harriet decided to shut the saga down?

AS of now yes Brandon said it is a certainty. Not to say that can't change but RJ ws very uncomfortable with anyone writing in his world. It wasn't until the very end that he relented and allowed the series to be finished. One problem is there is little to no source material for these books(even the notes for the main series were far less than what most seem to think). It would essentially be someone making up stories in RJ's world and that isn't a good idea given his wishes. They seem to be taking a quit while they are ahead approach not wanting to end up like Star Wars or the like and think new material would work best in things like video games.

I'm thinking a lot of folks aren't going to know what to do with themselves anymore.

I'm thinking quite a few people need to get a real life. I've been thinking that for some time now. Get a life, people. This is fantasy. These are books. If you spent as much time and energy on real life endeavors as you've spent on a set of fantasy books, you probably have saved the world from itself by now.

But noooo. They like living in a fantasy world. So they're going to:

1. Spend a month or so arguing about what really happened or should have happened and complaining that their pet theories weren't done justice.

2. Spend another month or so dissecting the books looking for continuity errors.

3. Argue about whether their newly discovered continuity errors are really errors, or just events which unfolded in an unexpected direction.

4. Parse the chapters trying to decide which parts, sections, passages, words were written by RJ and which by Brandon.

5. Buy advance tickets for DragonCon or ComicCon to ask Brandon and Harriet "Why did they... Why didn't they..."

6. Spend a month or more sewing new WoT costumes to wear to DragonCon or ComicCon.

7. Organize a letter-writing campaign to garner support for the outrigger novels and/or an HBO series.

8. Complain that the WoT encyclopedia website isn't being updated fast enough.

And finally,

9. Try to decide whether to substitute their WoT obsession with an obsession for The Stormlight Archive, or the Song of Ice and Fire, or Batman movies because heaven forbid they should have to walk away from any sufficiently detailed fantasy and rejoin The Real World.

I'm thinking a lot of folks aren't going to know what to do with themselves anymore.

I'm thinking quite a few people need to get a real life. I've been thinking that for some time now. Get a life, people. This is fantasy. These are books. If you spent as much time and energy on real life endeavors as you've spent on a set of fantasy books, you probably have saved the world from itself by now.

1. Spend a month or so arguing about what really happened or should have happened and complaining that their pet theories weren't done justice.

2. Spend another month or so dissecting the books looking for continuity errors.

3. Argue about whether their newly discovered continuity errors are really errors, or just events which unfolded in an unexpected direction.

4. Parse the chapters trying to decide which parts, sections, passages, words were written by RJ and which by Brandon.

5. Buy advance tickets for DragonCon or ComicCon to ask Brandon and Harriet "Why did they... Why didn't they..."

6. Spend a month or more sewing new WoT costumes to wear to DragonCon or ComicCon.

7. Organize a letter-writing campaign to garner support for the outrigger novels and/or an HBO series.

And finally,

9. Try to decide whether to substitute their WoT obsession with an obsession for The Stormlight Archive, or the Song of Ice and Fire, or Batman movies because heaven forbid they should have to walk away from any sufficiently detailed fantasy and rejoin The Real World.

This presupposes two things. Firstly, that people have no lives outside Dragonmount. Secondly, that the so called "real world" is something worth rejoining. There are so many other things that are far more interesting to obsess over than mere reality (and why would someone need to substitute one obsession for another? One can quite easily carry on multiple obsessions at once).

Personally, I think that as long as there is a Dragonmount, there will be people being wrong on Dragonmount. And as long as there are people being wrong on Dragonmount, there will be a need for Mr Ares to correct people. And when there is no longer a Dragonmount, he can wander off to some other distant, desolate corner of the internet, and find people to give a verbal kicking to until they agree that he is right.

And finally,

You trying to sound like a douchebag or is that just a talent you've acquired naturally?

Edit: I'm not nearly as articulate as Mr Ares. Just call em how I see em.

Archived