DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good Bye to DragonMount

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the theories, the forums, and discussions.  I secretly wish Brandon would agree to do a few outriggers with the same standards as he finished the books.  I hate to see my favorite fantasy world disappear. 

On that same note, I'd be unhappy and probably done with it all if they ever got a different author than Brandon to do the series.  It was hard to accept him in the beginning, but everything has been done as promised IMHO.  Different people telling different stories from this universe would ruin the whole thing.  Then all of us real fans would have to tell the noobies what to read and when to stop!

Why is this a Secret?

Fish

I will still be around here. I could read this for another 20 years and still find something that I could talk about. Just tonight while I was reading TDR, there was a part about Perrin not knowing if Lan was smiling over the rift between Moiraine and Faile, and he says something about a shadow hiding the smile on Lan's face. Well anyway, there's this weird sentence that comes next and it says

“Sometimes his lips appeared to quirk very close to a smile. Perrin was not certain; at times he thought it was only a shadow. Shadows could make a hammer seem to smile.”

No one would have made anything out of that until reading ToM and knowing the heat that Perrin's hammer causes when it smashes Shadowspan.

Lol. We could do this for a lifetime, I'm sure...

I will be coming back, I only started posting in June! I have heaps of ideas, got to filter them first, lol.

Anyway, do not forget, the graphic novels are being completed, and their will always be disagreements on movie vs t.v series vs animation, and then there is the gaming field. There are many official magazines such as OXM for example, that stated that many gaming companies were waiting for the final book, before offering to produce the games. Only time will tell!!!

I will definitely be coming back.  Just because the series is done doesn't mean that there is nothing to talk about.  Look at Lord of the Rings.  It's been done for years and people are still talking about it.  I see this community being here for a very long time to come.  Not to mention that if movies are ever made you'll be back.

No i dont think if they do make movies i would in fact come back. Once the story is done for me im not goign to worry about what happens next any more since there wont be any more written in randland. So i think it may be pretty silly to speculate on things that we will never see.

Although i will be in the chatroom for damn sure ha

Well i was going to try to get up to 420 posts with my name and all but i think this will more than likely be my last post in the forums. Over the last few months and even a lil bit longer going through the posts on these forums, I have learned a lot of things. About the books and people in general.

Alot of things have been said going for the books and a lot of things have been said against the books, a few of the threads on here have come close to putting me off the books alltogther and almost made me care less that the last book was comming out. I know i will be comming back to chat and thats it. Im not looking forward to the book as much as i used to be right now i just would like to read it to say yes i read it i got my ending that i have been waiting for for the last 20 years. The books in them selves have never been that big a part of my life over all i enjoy reading them, but i havent been hit in the heart by them as a lot of people have had done to them. I just feel that none of the complaints are worthwhile really so may ppl say so many things. The you get newer people comming to the sire for the first time and, then they see the types of threads we put up, and i bet some of them have been put off the books. Im sure there are a lot of people that would never know about the wrighting conflitcs that have happend and wouldnt know unless they come here. In a lot of ways it sotra has ruined the books over all for me and i have a feelign that this has happed to a few others on here as well.

Feel free to cut me down or what ever  i could really care less not goign to hurt me any.

Lokkin forward to chattin and thats it the book kinda sorta just to finish the series then time to move on to bigger and better things so to say..

Peace out Dragonmount and try to keep it classy as i kno whow hard that is to do at times.

Cut you down?

I'm gonna miss your comments, man.

Sad to see you leave this section too early....way too early...that's all.

<---sad face :sadmyrddraal:

I know i said i wasnt goign to post but cant leave Mik hanging lol. The whole cut me down thing is along the lines that it needs to be expected any more when ever any one posts, so if you look forward t gettign that done to you it isnt much as a shock lol. Kinda being like ready for all suprises then nothing suprises you in the long run.

Population will clearly decrease.   Half the fun is guessing a the plot holes, where characters are and what they're doing.

Hopefully there will be a few mysteries still so that we can come here to debate them.   But without mysteries, the boards will lose people, debates, and such.

Inevitable.  :(

Since I only started reading wheel of time about a year ago and only joined this site about 6 months ago, I'm kinda sad that I never got to discuss the books as they were coming out and make predictions and such. AMOL being the only book in the series that wasn't out already. So since I'm only on my first reread at the moment I'l probably have some questions that have probably been covered countless times before. Therefore I'll still use this website for years to come to check on past forums and other things. 

Remember that there is the Encyclopaedia that will come out approximately a year after aMoL. That will have a heap of details involving the WoT that were never answered in the main books. Also likely will open up new avenues to debate. Probably a lot more info on Shara/Seanchan/Land of Madmen and other relatively unexplored topics which should be interesting. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well the end has come and the book is out. I have read it and i enjoyed it. This will be my last post on the forums. I dont see the need to speculate about what happens next, as i am pretty sure it will not come to any type of head. The encylopedia will be a good thing to have when it finally comes out. But other than that this story over the last 20 years has been a boon to my mind when ever i was depressed (used to be a dailything ) i would jump into Rand Land, it always made me feel better. I was always able to project my self into the story, like i was right there the whole time. Riding out of the Two Rivers with Rand and Co. Now a little part of me has died i think. Because i now know that no matter how much i want there will never be another new book to look forward to in the great and wonderfull world that RJ built for us, sure the pedia will be nice but it just wont be the same. I am going to miss each and every last one of these characters, that have meant a lot to me over the years they all were almost brothers and sisters to me (even the bad ones).

So now its time to find a new set of books to read until they fall apart.Each of my Wot books are all pretty much falling apart anyways except for the last 3 in the series, i havent read them enough yet to make them not look like a book any more lol. I am sure they will be that way eventually hahahahah.

Good Bye forums I wont be back unless its in peoples memories of my Badass Nick name hahahah

Ill still be in the chatroom ive made many friends in there and them i wont leave. So this is a fond farewell

Archived