DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you give up to get a copy of AMOL today?

mike hunt's here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP's name is too much, but his post itself did not offend me. Perhaps this comes down to cultural differences in humour. Here in Ireland that would be called having a sense of humour and would be pretty much the stock answer for that type of question, from both genders. Marriage is not sacrosanct when it comes to the "black Irish humour." Perhaps in countries that are over run by political correctness it seems like an offensive remark. If you asked the same question to my wife, her friends or their husbands, you would receive the same answer. Even my normally sweet mother in law would often say (as she gave the old fella a baleful look) "train robbers only get twenty years."

My 3 year old :). Just kidding...shes actually 3 years and 1 month now :) KIDDING AGAIN!!!

Lets see, my wife made be give my doberman away, so that out the window. My grad school made me give all my time to it, so thats out the window. As far as money goes...what money?! I have a 3 yearold, and still in school, so thats out the window too (though to be honest never really had it to throw out the window).

Hey, i got it! U can have my wife (kidding again. Luv u honey!)

Oh, i think that there is something i can regain though - faith in all loving god!

Ok let me say I am not apologizing for anything but obviously some uptight people don't understand the post.

Has no one ever heard the saying..."I would give up my eye teeth for xxxxx...".

Yes...but you chose to use your wife instead. Big difference.

you are not his wife or are you?

Ok let me say I am not apologizing for anything but obviously some uptight people don't understand the post.

The only people who have a right to be offended are his wife and his mother in law.

The only people who have a right to be offended are his wife and his mother in law.

and just when I thought this thread couldn't devolve any further...

and just when I thought this thread couldn't devolve any further...

I beg to differ! This thread just keeps getting better and better!

I laughed my ass off.....not just because laughing -regardless of how shallow/blunt or smart/sophisticated the humor is- is just such a better answer to just about anything then crying about it is. But also because of the irony of it all.

So what his name is a childish wink to you-know-what! Anyone who can make the connection is old enough to just roll his/ her eyes and move on...

or to snicker a little bit... and then move on. Anyone who can't make the connection (kids, for instance), anyone who needs 'protection' from such names will never see the 'joke' for what it is in the first place! So no harm done, right? And if you did spot the joke, but are very young, well.. wouldn't the (ahum) 'harm' already have been done?

The ironic part is, that the moralists who do see harm in it and mention it in posts, are actually the ones pointing it out themselves to all the kids who they think need protecting from something those kids would never even have considered! (unless they just PM a mod/admin if they're THAT offended...)

And top top it off:... .. has anyone ever, slowly said the name of the person who has such problems with Mikey the Hunter's name.

The irony of it all just cracks me up!

*Finishing post for Sut* "I thought wrong."

Damn straight! *salutes*

I would give up half the light of the world for a copy of AMOL

I'll top your bid Fish-boy:

I'd give up half the light of the world twice, to read the book now!

Laughter and Tears people!

I was taught by my mammy - if something offends you, just walk away. The more attention you pay to it, the more it will grow.

I wish some people followed that same advice. Now lets see this take off....hardy har har.

I want to know how much heat you people would give henny youngman!!!

back on track...to get it today and answer all my life questions??? I would give up a lot, just dont know what...but i would love prove a bunch you guys wrong. lol

I'm missing the Offensiveness here.

I mean heck, even if he didn't love his wife, saying he'd rather read a book than stay with her is hardly offensive. He didn't call her a name, he didn't insult her, at the worst, he spoke the truth.

Hey Mudd, I don't love you. sorry if that's offensive...

Yea not getting it.

Anyway, what's a Mike Hunt anyway, and why is it childish? I think I'm missing something.

I'd give up...

Uhhh, no idea.

I mean heck, even if he didn't love his wife, saying he'd rather read a book than stay with her is hardly offensive. He didn't call her a name, he didn't insult her, at the worst, he spoke the truth.

Yea not getting it.

Anyway, what's a Mike Hunt anyway, and why is it childish? I think I'm missing something.

I'd give up...

Uhhh, no idea.

Ok I had to Google it, so I assume we're not talking about the football player, but Urban dictionary version. Wow. That's pretty out there, who comes up with these things. I knew a Mike Hunt in school...

I got it anyway, I'd give up dancing for a year.

Now that's a sacrifice!

I would go out on a Tar Valon date with Egwene. That's right, you guys willing to give up an eyeball just got one-upped.

I gave up two eye-balls actually!

But yeah... putting both eyeless balls on the executioner's block like that, well, that takes some balls!

I think we just got two-upped actually.

I'm out. Not going to raise that offer!

Ok I had to Google it, ....

I got it anyway, I'd give up dancing for a year.

Now that's a sacrifice!

So, no Ball for you, huh!? :wink:

Yea not getting it.

I'd give up...

Uhhh, no idea.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Google "Mike Hunt" and "joke" or something along those lines, you'll figure it out.

Yea not getting it.

I'd give up...

Uhhh, no idea.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Google "Mike Hunt" and "joke" or something along those lines, you'll figure it out.

Yea I googled it. Perhaps I pronounce my words too clearly or something, I know what it is now, I just don't get it. I suppose some people will be amused by anything however. I would have never made that connection, I figured it was the guys name.

You're already a self-proclaimed troll; might as well stick to that, since it suits you.

i certainly hope that was not directed at me. I mean you hardly know me

It was directed at the person whose post it followed, Mr. CyberTROLLoc. Most people who have Trolloc names also exhibit very (presumably deliberately) trollish behavior, hence Suttree's lightbulb. (See Nargsbrood from Wotmania for another example; I can't think of any other long-termers.) In my experience, though, the ones who own up to it via username are relatively harmless if you have half a brain.

Archived