DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you give up to get a copy of AMOL today?

mike hunt's here

It was an extremely obvious joke thread from the beginning. Did anyone seem offended? No. Again obvious. Even Zoltar didn't seem so much offended as I'd say 'Snooty' or 'Uptight'. Huge difference between the two. So to come into the thread, after multiple JOKE posts where no one brought it up and it was gone and forgotten at the top of page 1, is stirring up the pot a bit, yes.

Get over it is all I can tell you.

:wink:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give up half the light of the world for a copy of AMOL

Great answer!

I'd send BS my Mox Jet right now for a copy. I'd be a fair trade, since MtG is a thing of my youth, just like WoT and WoT is worth a lot more to me these days whereas my whole Magic collection has just been gathering dust for the past ten years.

I'd hate for it to end to be honest, but at the same time...I just can't wait to read about how things will unfold!

Seriously... closing AMoL -regardless of how satisfying or how horrible it'll be- will tear my mind in two. It will feel like closing the coffin on my youth I keep extending by theorizing about WoT and showing up at places like Wotmania, Rafo and here throughout the past 15 years or so.

For fuheavens sake... just thinking about it makes me sad and recall the day I read RJ had died (on Wotmania); it felt like loosing my favourite uncle. I was gutted for weeks even though we all knew it was comming. Closing AMoL will be that.. but thrice over... for the story, my youth and RJ. :madmyrddraal:

(damn.. now I'm sad)

don't be sad... he can't possibly tie up even 1/10th of the plots... it won't be the end of theorizing.... might be the real beginning.

Theory: RJ didn't want a lot of threads tied up so the Wheel may forever turn in our imaginations. On a lighter note, I imagine there will be lots of fanfic involving pillowfriends. :laugh:

don't be sad... he can't possibly tie up even 1/10th of the plots... it won't be the end of theorizing.... might be the real beginning.

Theory: RJ didn't want a lot of threads tied up so the Wheel may forever turn in our imaginations. On a lighter note, I imagine there will be lots of fanfic involving pillowfriends. :laugh:

:flamingsword: Smite all the Fanfic!

Ok let me say I am not apologizing for anything but obviously some uptight people don't understand the post.

Has no one ever heard the saying..."I would give up my eye teeth for xxxxx...". I am sure some of you old fuddy duddies must have. It's basically placing some kind of personal value on the item and how umm what the word...fanatic? One can be about the item in question. So I really don't get all these people saying its just a book blah blah blah, I wouldn't give up nuthin...you realize you are not really giving up anything right? It's a metaphor? simile? I admit I'm not as verbose or smart as other people here so I don't have the word to express myself. Now are you going to blast me anonymously via the Internet and your fake names now?

Some of you have made me so sad at the level of condenscendance you display to me. Just because I'm a little juvenile. I didn't realize there was an juvenile ceiling here. My original post is a valid question. I've seen worse, but maybe since I'm not in someone's inner circle I m blasted.

Anyway I short the point of my op was is to see how much people love this series of books. That's all. Origination of the word fan is fanatic. Some can admit their obsession, some can not.

i said nothing because i meant it. i still haven't finished the last one. for me it really ended when RJ died. and maybe a few books before that, tbh.

i still love the first half of the series, but after more than 20 years reading it... i can't say i'm obsessed. or even much of a fan anymore.

but i most likely will give up whatever they're charging for the audiobook at some point after it comes out, and i'll try to make it all the way through. cause i started it when it started and it would be sad not to finish it. for some reason i can't quite put into words.

Ok let me say I am not apologizing for anything but obviously some uptight people don't understand the post.

Has no one ever heard the saying..."I would give up my eye teeth for xxxxx...".

Yes...but you chose to use your wife instead. Big difference.

Has no one ever heard the saying..."I would give up my eye teeth for xxxxx...".

Yes...but you chose to use your wife instead. Big difference.

if his wife is someone he values in his life deeply, then it shows how strongly he wants the book. For someone who can read into anything RJ writes, you have a hard time reading into other people's intentions. Not everything is literal

I didn't say it was, now did I? I said it was deliberately offensive. (And it was, whether or not you personally were offended by it.)

it would only be offensive if you are reading it as his wife being a possession that he is willing to part with. There is no evidence to suggest that, so jumping to that conclusion is a pretty big leap

It was offensive. Sometimes offensive can be funny. Usually only to people who are themselves offensive. In this case, the OP's name is offensive, and so is what he wrote, and neither were funny, just offensive. The only thing redeeming about it is that some people chose to respond by being legitimately funny or clever, but that says more about those people than the OPer, who was just offensive. And personally, I think the mods ought to ban names that are offensive in that manner. Kids read these forums, after all.

There are neither beginning or endings to the turning of the wheel. :happy:

I didn't say it was, now did I? I said it was deliberately offensive. (And it was, whether or not you personally were offended by it.)

I agree with Terez.

Archived