DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you give up to get a copy of AMOL today?

mike hunt's here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give up my wife to be able to read aMOL today. I'd like to give up my job...but then I wouldnt have the internet.

I'd give up the joy of looking forward to it's release date during the next several months, but that is all.

It's just a book, and I love my wife far more.

If you feel differently then perhaps you should have been more careful in choosing who you married.

Though, TBH, with a name like Mike Hunt I have a hard time believing you are indeed old enough to be married..

I'd give up my wife to be able to read aMOL today. I'd like to give up my job...but then I wouldnt have the internet.

I'd give up the joy of looking forward to it's release date during the next several months, but that is all.

If you feel differently then perhaps you should have been more careful in choosing who you married.

Though, TBH, with a name like Mike Hunt I have a hard time believing you are indeed old enough to be married..

I dont get it. Whats the issue with my name? I guess I'm not intelligent enough to make up a geeky engineering avatar name. If i was one of those big band theory nerds...yes I probably wouldnt give up my wife for a book, since she would be the only female besides my mother to touch me. haha.It's all in fun. How the heck am I realistically going to give up my wife for something that doesnt exist yet? I'm just trying to say how much are you anticipating this book coming out? enough to waste time on scribbling doody on the net - right?but seriously...so if I give up my wife, would i get a copy of the book today? I would throw in my sister in law too.

Hey - Galad posted something here!!!. Seriously - chill out.

What would I give up? Nothing. Back when no one was sure if there would even be an ending I was actually kind of scared by how much I wanted AMOL, and how much I would have given for it. Now though? Knowing that it's coming out soon is enough. I'm incredibly glad that the end has been written, and that we'll get to see how it all plays out. Between now and then though there's plenty to read.

Indeed, and the innocent act is not very convincing, is it? (No need to 'chill out'; it was a valid observation.)

Indeed, and the innocent act is not very convincing, is it? (No need to 'chill out'; it was a valid observation.)

Only you could take a thread like this and make it even more uncomfortable than Mr. Buzz K. Ilington up there.

Because someone with a slightly juvenile sense of humor who laughs at crude jokes couldn't ever possibly be married, right? Why are you trying to stir the pot up Terez? That bored? Maybe you and Zorlon are just that much more sophisticated, that you would never be caught dead laughing at or making a crude joke, but not everyone likes to be so prim and proper. Get over it is all I can tell you.

I'm not stirring up the pot at all. The OP was deliberately offensive, and the name just gives a further clue to the character. It's not stirring the pot to point it out.

I'd say he wasn't offensive at all. He hasn't been banned so apparently the mods have decided the same. At least about his user name. He's been a member for weeks and made more than a handful of posts. As for his comment about 'giving up his wife' ,which is what I gathered you're referring to; I'd say even less so.

It was an extremely obvious joke thread from the beginning. Did anyone seem offended? No. Again obvious. Even Zoltar didn't seem so much offended as I'd say 'Snooty' or 'Uptight'. Huge difference between the two. So to come into the thread, after multiple JOKE posts where no one brought it up and it was gone and forgotten at the top of page 1, is stirring up the pot a bit, yes.

see, if you started this thread in the tower you'd be earning points for it, and getting funnier... ok maybe just weirder answers.

I'd give up nothing either.

I plan on trying to be as active as possible lol. I'm quite interested to see how the whole thing works. Just not tonight lol. Or this morning...They've blended together now. Anyways, I want to make a good impression that lasts at least...A day. So I have to wait till my head is on straight for it. As straight as anyone's head maddened by Taint can be.

I plan on trying to be as active as possible lol. I'm quite interested to see how the whole thing works. Just not tonight lol. Or this morning...They've blended together now. Anyways, I want to make a good impression that lasts at least...A day. So I have to wait till my head is on straight for it. As straight as anyone's head maddened by Taint can be.

see that's it right there.

you have come to the home of the taint... and we're all mad... there's nothing to worry about impressions, as a quick look around the place will make very clear.

the tower is where you go when you can't, or don't want to, keep the weirdness at bay any longer.

ok, i'll leave the serious place now, and re-admit myself to the wards.

you don't have to call the nice young men in heir clean white coats to come and take me away :myrddraal:

Archived