DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon League Mafia Game Thread--GAME OVER--Congrats Town!!!

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling BS on Darthe's claim of lovers. Those of you familiar with Pokemon lore, tell me, him and Wombat claimed lovers. With two Pokemon that were used by some random trainer on the way to the third gym. Linked by Destiny Bond.

Destiny Bond was never a move in the first generation. I initially was going to shoot Darthe last night based on that little find, but I decided to go for Kudaran. And given the flips from last night, this is my list so far:

BG - Cop

Razen - Vig

EP - Switcher

Tress - Roleblocker

Lenlo - Mason

Smiley - Mason

Wombat - Lover (viewed as town)

Darthe - Lover (unvetted)

Roo - claims vanilla (unvetted)

It makes sense to me to test the Wombat/Darthe thing. Wombat has been supposedly viewed as town (based on Tress's claim that she blocked EP on night 2), but we don't know anything about Darthe other than the fact that he was convinced that if we lynched him that we'd lose the game.

Did anyone else notice a glaring violation of the Generation 1 storyline by what Darthe claimed was linking them together? I'll bring up the exact tie for reference here:

And it's a destiny bond from being From the same trainer right before u get to gym 3.

Destiny Bond isn't a move in the first generation game. So while I think you might be lovers, unless AH got her canon wrong, it's unlikely a Destiny Bond is what's linking you together. I had to look it up because I remembered that the move didn't appear until Gold and Silver. And this line below:

Fine. You each deserve to lose. Me and Wombat are lovers. There is no doc to protect us and when we get NK'd if you don't lynch a scum today mafia has majority. EP or piano, choose well.

Right here. How does he know that the mafia would have had majority? Unless he knew exactly how many members were on their team? I think we have enough of a cushion now to test this lovers claim. And it will also tell us whether Tress is lying or not. Unless we can come up with a different idea? But for now, I'm going with my gut and these lines from Darthe and calling him out as scum. Vote: Darthe

Great points Razen. We have a little more wiggle room now to test the Lovers claim too with a few mafia dead.

Vote Darthe

No offense EP but I still have a little wiggly in my brain that says you might be creating an elaborate lie this entire game.

N1: You switched me and Ithi. Ithi died. Could just be an attempt to get me on your side.

N2: You switched yourself and Wombat. It could be that you are actually a tracker (or similar role) and knew I visited Wombat. This way you could imply a townie read on yourself, further gaining trust. Tress's claim complicates that one though.

N3: You switched yourself and Darthe. No real info comes from that.

N4: You switched me and Nolder. Nolder died. Again, this proves nothing.

Now don't think I'm full out saying you are scum. I just find the claims to leave me.... unsatisfied? Why in the world would mafia target me last night? They had to know you were going to try and save me somehow if you are telling the truth, so targeting me would be foolish.

What if EP is actually the NK? Night one he DID target Ithi. Covering his butt for trackers. Night 2, he was blocked. No NK. Night 3, a lie? Night 4, he did target Nolder.

This is also a really good point. And it does make sense. Not to mention all the WIFOM it creates.

Well, either way, Darthe gets us the most info. I'm not willing to jump the gun on EP yet. We can figure more about that in a bit.

If he flips scum Lover. Yay we got scum, sad Wombat goes too.

If he flips town Lover. Rage at AH for being a tricky Mod.

If he flips not Lover, he must be scum, and Wombat must be too. If Wombat is scum, then Tress is lying and is scum.

I viewed Wombat as town which is predicated on 2 things: EP is truly a switcher. Tress really blocked EP.

If EP is lying, then I still viewed Wombat as town.

If Tress is lying, then I viewed EP as town and Tress is covering for Wombat.

So... in recap. If Darthe is not a Lover, then Wombat and Tress must both be scum.

It is true. I gain the town the most info. I now call bs on EP's claim. I am assuming there are 5 scum in the game razen, which is why I thought we would lose at that point. However, the magikarp flip throws my theory off a bit. Still, song, and Rue would be my two guesses if I could bet on them. The third could be womby, razen, or Ep though I think ep is most likely. I agree that the town should lynch me to learn the truth. You all have at least a one person cushion and so will be at most even with the mafia after the Nk. Because of that I would advise waiting until tomorrow. However, if it is decided otherwise then I am okay with dying to win. I would like to quickly point out though that I started the lynch on piano, nabbed the first scum in the game, and got us here. If I was truly mafia I could have misdirected that and won the game that night or the day after. Just, something for you all to consider first.

Oh, and would I have killed my own leader and godfather who had no suspicion?

Cause Piano generally isn't too active anyway and you were on the lynch plate that day, he may have been the best choice despite being a Godfather if you and Wombat are lying. Better a Godfather than 2 mafia.

Another thing, If in the unfortunate circumstance that Darthe is Town Lover, then Wombat might be a dirty one, which we will find out sooner or later. Wombat's flip if Town or Mafia also tells us about EP and Tress. Actually you know what? I'd rather learn this info from Wombat's lynch. Everything I said about Darthe can be applied to Wombat too. In fact, Wombat is more central to this info hub and we'd get instant info on either EP or Tress. If Wombat flips town, then Tress blocks EP tonight and we see what happens.

Unvote: Vote Wombat

Didn't you view him as town though? Oh wait, you mean cause EP's ability could have been true but he could lying about how he uses it. I gotcha. Still would prefer tomorrow. You're killing us both anyhow.

My view on Wombat is at the mercy of other's telling the truth, both of which have convenient stories. It doesn't really matter if we lynch you or Wombat, if one of you is scum, the other one dies too. Worse case scenario, you are both town and AH has ruined my life. Even then, Tress becomes fully trusted in my opinion. But there might be a delay in the death. Like a day or so, and I want the info from your or Wombat's lynch now. Therefore Wombat is a better choice.

Lord knows I agree with you on most points in that. To me the big issue is between tress, EP, and rue. I have been wondering for myself why the mafia wouldn't lynch us and I realized that they made the better choice in trying to get you. Leaving us creates WIFOM, we can be gone at any point even if EP is telling the truth because we can't both be redirected, the less people there are around the more valuable we are to them, and lastly you are a far bigger threat. You did just confirm a mason team for us. It was their best choice, now we have to try to stay alive Long enough to bite the scum in the rear with it. That said, I agree that it will in the long run help if we do not live past tomorrow. I'd love to hear from womby as well.

Great points Razen. We have a little more wiggle room now to test the Lovers claim too with a few mafia dead.

Vote Darthe

No offense EP but I still have a little wiggly in my brain that says you might be creating an elaborate lie this entire game.

N1: You switched me and Ithi. Ithi died. Could just be an attempt to get me on your side.

N2: You switched yourself and Wombat. It could be that you are actually a tracker (or similar role) and knew I visited Wombat. This way you could imply a townie read on yourself, further gaining trust. Tress's claim complicates that one though.

N3: You switched yourself and Darthe. No real info comes from that.

N4: You switched me and Nolder. Nolder died. Again, this proves nothing.

Now don't think I'm full out saying you are scum. I just find the claims to leave me.... unsatisfied? Why in the world would mafia target me last night? They had to know you were going to try and save me somehow if you are telling the truth, so targeting me would be foolish.

I set it up to make the mafia think I'd protect myself, have you not noticed night 2 and 3 I swapped myself with my theory of who was not town? I tried to draw the kill on myself, and BG if I had not outed my self as responsible for Ithi's death and the target had been you, no one would have believed you day 2, you were pretty far in the hotseat day 1 because of Tina

Wait, the only kill N2 was Razen's shot on Arez, which fits perfectly with that theory, no?

except I vetted BG as town by this point, and Nya most likely protected BG

Oh, and would I have killed my own leader and godfather who had no suspicion?

Cause Piano generally isn't too active anyway and you were on the lynch plate that day, he may have been the best choice despite being a Godfather if you and Wombat are lying. Better a Godfather than 2 mafia.

Another thing, If in the unfortunate circumstance that Darthe is Town Lover, then Wombat might be a dirty one, which we will find out sooner or later. Wombat's flip if Town or Mafia also tells us about EP and Tress. Actually you know what? I'd rather learn this info from Wombat's lynch. Everything I said about Darthe can be applied to Wombat too. In fact, Wombat is more central to this info hub and we'd get instant info on either EP or Tress. If Wombat flips town, then Tress blocks EP tonight and we see what happens.

Unvote: Vote Wombat

I agree we should go this route though I fear we have to sack a townie to do it, Who did Songstie block? we should have waited for that before building trains. My money is on she attempted to block you. We have yet to see roled mafi other than the GF, I doubt Heart stacked the table this high against them so they need atleast one role besides the GF and roleblocker would fit perfectly considering all the shenaniganswe have on town side

Those are fair points EP. You did save my behind. I'm not saying you are scum, I'm just keeping an open mind cause someone has got to be lying and it isn't me nor the Masons it seems.

Tress said she blocked Nyan, EP, then Darthe in that order. Last night she was going to block Kud or Nol.

Archived