DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Tower Personalities?

MashiraSedai

Personality Type  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which personality type did you get?

INTP apparently... only done it once though. As you can see below... I have a 50/50 so maybe I'm actually a INFP... :unsure:

Or rather a bit of both and a bunch of other combinations... it varies greatly depending on how I feel and what situation I'm in. *Ponders*

Introverted (I) 59.46% Extroverted (E) 40.54%

Intuitive (N) 64.71% Sensing (S) 35.29%

Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%

Perceiving (P) 67.57% Judging (J) 32.43%

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

And yes... I do have an easy time spotting inconsistencies and contradictions... doesn't everyone else? :blink:

Option 2 INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

*Nod Nod.* I do randomly care too much about stuff or people sometimes... like when a cup gets broken and I suddenly feel very sad cause it'll never be used again... *Rolls eyes.* I feel a bit silly when I think about it haha.

I thus declare myself... The Questing Architect! :biggrin:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INTP - This hasn't changed much over the years though I did waver in INFP for a little while.

Some of the things which rang true?

- A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure.

- Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure.conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower.

- That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance. ... If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

- Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.

- Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. ... his fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible.

I can't begin to explain what this sort of life is like. But I see there are five other INTP's so I know I'm not the only navel-gazer here.

Extroverted (E) 71.43% Introverted (I) 28.57%

Sensing (S) 69.7% Intuitive (N) 30.3%

Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%

Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

Your type is: ESFJ

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

by Joe Butt

Profile: ESFJ

Revision: 3.1

Date of Revision: 16 Oct 2009

Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes.

All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others.

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.

Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

As caretakers, ESFJs sense danger all around--germs within, the elements without, unscrupulous malefactors, insidious character flaws. The world is a dangerous place, not to be trusted. Not that the ESFJ is paranoid; 'hyper-vigilant' would be more precise. And thus they serve excellently as protectors, outstanding in fields such as medical care and elementary education.

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted Feeling

ESFJs live in their Extraverted Feeling functioning. Feeling, a rational (i.e., deciding) function, expresses opinions easily in the E world of objects and people. ESFJs have the ability to express warmth, rage, and a range of other emotions. Actions are encouraged or rebuked based on how they affect other people, especially people near and dear to the ESFJ. This type's vocal decisiveness predisposes many of its number to facility with administration and supervision.

Introverted Sensing

The secondary Sensing function aids and abets the dominant Fe in that sensate data is collected and at once compared with the inner forms or standards. Data on which decisions are made are thus focused and given a contrast which tends to be stronger and clearer than the original stimuli. The strengthening effect of Si on Fe may be responsible for this type's reputation for wearing their "hearts on their sleeves." At any rate, ESFJs reflect the "black and white" view of reality which is common to the SJ types.

Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition is tertiary--as the ESFJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Ne is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Fe function, iNtuition allows for a loosening of the more rigid Si rights and wrongs; teasing and slapstick humor emerge. ESFJs are also capable of discerning patterns and philosophies, but such perceiving is subject to the weakness of the tertiary position, and the results often lack the variety and complexity of connections that more complex systems require.

Introverted Thinking

The inferior Ti function may rarely be expressed. In fact, ESFJs may take affront at the aloof, detached nature of dominant Ti types, or conversely, be drawn to them. Some ESFJs construct rationale which have the appearance of (Jungian) Thinking logic, but under scrutiny are in fact command performances of "Thinking in the service of Feeling," (i.e., Thinking-like conclusions which do not obey the tenets of impersonal logic; they rather construct scenarios from only those "hard, cold facts" which support the conclusion reached by the dominant Extraverted Feeling function. To wit:

You don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat

with knitting needles.

-- Miss Piggy, on eating Chinese Food

<.<

>.>

>.<

i swear... nothing like me at all wacko.gif

Fun test

ISTP.

The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

I guess that could be me, or it could be just vague enough for me to make me think it's me. Yeah. I mean I don't get overwhelmed by emotions and just share things innapropriately with random strangers. I've never gotten drunk and told an entire room full of people that I love Cher's music and think I'm a woman trapped in a man's body (I actually haven't done that (or have I?)).

JD,

Yeah, that JD

ESTP

Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%

Sensing (S) 60% Intuitive (N) 40%

Thinking (T) 57.14% Feeling (F) 42.86%

Perceiving (P) 59.38% Judging (J) 40.63%

I think it's pretty accurate. Of course, most of the detailed description paints it like a person who will turn anything into some sort of competition and that's just no-... okay, maybe that part is accurate, too. :wink:

I think this reflects a side of me that is much more rational than emotional, though.

Well I've established I'm definitely an IST these days but whether a J or P is up for debate.

It's an interesting step from my days as an INFP which I found quite accurate at the time.

• 5 months later...

Well looks like I've moved on from my youth from INFP to my adulthood to ISTJ

It differ between J & P for a while and I hated the J but it is time for the inner-aiel to embrace it as it has got significantly stronger.

I am an ISTJ

I'm an INFJ, which I already knew, but I took this test too and once again got INFJ. I actually got 50/50 on J and P, which is kind of the weirdest part of the test anyway. I tend to think I have the capabilities of a J, but I don't feel like I have to use those capabilities all the time. My dad is an extreme J, and he schedules and plans everything, like every part of his day. I don't feel like I have to do that. My sister, on the other hand, is an extreme P, and she literally doesn't know how to plan things, even things that need planning, like taking trips. We ended up doing our Jordancon trip this year very last minute, because I kept thinking she was going to take care of everything, and then realized she literally doesn't have the skills to plan when to make plane reservations, hotel reservations, etc. So from now on when we go on trips, I'm in charge of the planning and scheduling, because I do have those skills.

The most extreme part for me is the I - I'm one of the biggest introverts I know. Huge, huge introvert.

I'd like this particular test. It wasn't incredibly lengthy, but asked the right questions, I think.

BTW, if anyone is a writer like me, I use the Myer-Briggs test sometime to help me flesh out characters,and it's super useful. I use an abbreviated version of the test - I know it pretty well by now so it doesn't take long - and it can really help me "get to know" a character better. Sometimes I have a character that I can't really get a handle on, so I'll use this test, then go read about the personality type, and goes, hmm, yeah, okay, I could see that with this character. Somtimes it helps me discover something really interesting and new about the character. And sometimes, I'll realize I already know the character better than I think, because I'll take the test, read the results, and go, hmm, no, this really doesn't sound like the character was I picturing.

Senexx, I also used to be an INFP - when I was in high school I think, which was about five years ago. I'm much happier as a J. Not that INFPs can't be happy lol, but for me, it was the difference between being super introspective and sometimes getting broody and depressed about it. Now that I'm a J, I have this practical streak that prevents that. So I'm still super introspective, but it doesn't get me down. At least, not usually.

I got ISFP

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run. (One ISFP friend has become nonambulatory within the past few years. He will still, on impulse, leave home in the middle of the night and go to Las Vegas or wherever, regardless of the difficulties of his physical condition.)

ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached. Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks.

Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education. Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel. ISFPs will practice playing an instrument or honing a favored skill for hours on end, not so much as practice as for the joy of the experience.

Differential diagnosis:

ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.

ISFJs are driven by the conventional, by 'should's and 'ought's; ISFPs internalize their Feeling (by nature a judging function) which bursts out spontaneously and leaves as quickly and mysteriously as it came.

Because of these variant expressions of Feeling judgement, ISFPs are sometimes confused with ESFJs, but keep themselves more aloof, more often concealing the feelings that ESFJs are so apt to expose.

ESFPs express thoughts more readily (and, in the main, skillfully). ISFPs can and do perform admirably in the spotlight, but generally have little to say about the performance. For example, few ISFPs would be disc-jockeys, a field strongly represented by ES_Ps.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted Feeling

Feeling, unbridled by the external forces of society and substance, is the dominant function. ISFPs spontaneously develop their own codes and credos, about which they are quite sober and intense. ISFPs are questors, driven to find the pure and ideal, as personally and individually defined. Feeling may temporarily turn outward, but cannot be long sustained beyond its cloistered home.

If the individual has values greater than herself, feeling may express itself in valiant acts of selflessness. Turned in upon self, however, it becomes an unscrupulous, capricious enigma, capable even of heinous acts of deception and treachery.

Extraverted Sensing

ISFPs keep a finger on the pulse of here and now. They are more adept at doing than considering, at acting than reflecting, at tasting than wondering. As do most SPs, ISFPs keenly sense color, sound, texture, and movement. It is not unusual for ISFPs to excel in sensory, motor, or kinesthetic abilities.

ISFPs cherish their impulses. Some of the most beautiful, graceful, and artistic performances are the result of this drive for physical, sensate expression.

Introverted iNtuition

Tertiary intuition works best in the background of the ISFP's inner world. Perhaps this is the source of the "gut feeling" SPs consult in matters of chance. However "lucky" the ISFP may be, intuition as a means of communication is a poor servant, evidenced in spoonerisms, and non sequiturs and mixed metaphors.

Extraverted Thinking

The ISFP may employ Extraverted Thinking in external situations requiring closure. As is the case with inferior functions, such Thinking behaves in an all or nothing manner. Thus, as with other FP types, the ISFP's Extraverted Thinking is at risk for a lack of context and proportion. In most cases, persons of this type enjoy greater facility operating in the open-ended style of sensing, implying the opinions of feeling values in the indirect fashion characteristic of introverted functions.

Archived