DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt 2011

Sid

I hit the limit.

Sorry, you've attempted to submit too many times, please wait an hour and try again.

The flame and the void

The flame and the void.

Void

Badger

Slayer

Bummed

Any body else hacking at this. I wonder how many hits he is getting from this???

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait I'm still a little confused as to where to find the answers to the Hunt. I typed in FORSAKEN EVENTS and it said the code has already been applied, so I'm assuming once one person gets it, the whole world gets it. Is that correct or does every single person have to type in that code and it's only because BS wanted this one given to him in person that everyone gets it? Also, on the link given in the first post, I'm still not seeing the info about Tam getting the POV. I found it on Theoryland, but not BS' website. I still just see the hashtags. I wasn't involved in the WOT community last time around, so sorry if this was all explained last year/has a simple explanation, but how do I find the answers to the Hunt?

Wait I'm still a little confused as to where to find the answers to the Hunt. I typed in FORSAKEN EVENTS and it said the code has already been applied, so I'm assuming once one person gets it, the whole world gets it. Is that correct or does every single person have to type in that code and it's only because BS wanted this one given to him in person that everyone gets it? Also, on the link given in the first post, I'm still not seeing the info about Tam getting the POV. I found it on Theoryland, but not BS' website. I still just see the hashtags. I wasn't involved in the WOT community last time around, so sorry if this was all explained last year/has a simple explanation, but how do I find the answers to the Hunt?

Brandon Sanderson will give them out in person or hide them places like at bookstores where he does signings. Or you could just guess randomly and see if you get it.

Brandon Sanderson will give them out in person or hide them places like at bookstores where he does signings. Or you could just guess randomly and see if you get it.

No, I got that, but once I have those answers, where do I find the reward? I tried typing in Forsaken Events into that link and it didn't change any of the hash tags.

Never mind, I just found the page on BS' site that explains the game.

Is anyone willing to keep track of the failed guesses on this thread in a google doc or some such? Last year Tam had to follow a TL thread, a DM thread, and the #wotgh tag and this year we just don't have time. He'll still have to enter all the guesses, but he needs them in one place. Theoretically a google doc could have multiple editors - someone to put in the guesses from the DM thread, someone to do TL, and someone to watch #wotgh - and then access for Tam so he can mark off which ones he's entered (he might be able to swing multi-admin access this year for those already given it for the interview database, so it's not all on him to enter them).

Edit: Here's the doc I made. I just need someone from here to keep up the Dragonmount column by copy-pasting the new failed guesses in this thread. Someone else from Theoryland will actually put them into the search thingy and bold them to mark them done.

what does Forsaken Events and Trees by Countries even mean?

I think they are the captions of parts of RJ's notes.

So under Forsaken Events all events pertaining the Forsaken are listed under Trees by Countries he lists the trees so he doesn't put a wrong kind of tree in a scene.

I think it would be best if we focussed on things RJ would have needed to keep straight like the timeline, the various histories of the countries, names of royalty, booktitles he mentions and all this whole petty stuff no one can keep straight without lists.

Following that logic I tried:

sword forms

weaves

prophecies of the dragon

aes sedai by ajah

wolves by pack

world of dreams

old tongue dictionary

Slightly off topic, depending on how you look at it, but what will the q&a events at these signing tour evenings be like? If I've not read his other series will it be a confusing night?

Im guessing that people who go only interested in WOT, warbreaker and twok will be spoiling the party for all the alloy fans?

I can't access the link that Terez posted (at work), so this may be a duplicate link. someone is now keeping track of everything in one place, including links to clues that have been submitted. It also appears that Theoryland is updating the search tool since the site does not give an error message, but at this moment it does not give all the clues that have been entered.

This is the 2011 Great Hunt Tracking Website with all the available information - 2011 Great Hunt Tracking Website

I can't access the link that Terez posted (at work), so this may be a duplicate link. someone is now keeping track of everything in one place, including links to clues that have been submitted. It also appears that Theoryland is updating the search tool since the site does not give an error message, but at this moment it does not give all the clues that have been entered.

This is the 2011 Great Hunt Tracking Website with all the available information - 2011 Great Hunt Tracking Website

Supposedly 2 clues have been revealed. Here's what I got after entering the phrase from the picture linked above along with the proper capcha: So far it seems like either #s or numbers, or #s surrounded by quotes - “######” There's one ! buried in that sea of #s also.

Narg smart, but Narg no see pattern so far.

Follow The Great Hunt on twitter with the hashtag WoTGH.

###################

################################705################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ############26####################################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ##################################

################5#5################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### #####

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ########

################################################846################### ###################################################################### ####################################################862############### ###################################################################### ############################890#######900############################# ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ##################################################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ########################################################758########### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ########################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### #####“######”######################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ################################################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### #############################################################!######## ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ##########################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###########################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ##################################################################

###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ###################################################################### ########

Supposedly 2 clues have been revealed. Here's what I got after entering the phrase from the picture linked above along with the proper capcha: So far it seems like either #s or numbers, or #s surrounded by quotes - “######” There's one ! buried in that sea of #s also.

Narg smart, but Narg no see pattern so far.

Players from last year recognize whats going on, but for you new kids:

The file that Brandon put up is - for all intents and purposes - heavily encrypted. So much so that at the beginning of the Hunt, all we can see of it is hash-tags (#). As more and more clues get entered, more of the file will be decoded. Those random characters you see are the beginnings of the decryption. However, don't be fooled. Just because a hash is gone doesn't mean that whatever took it's place is correct. Some characters will go through several iterations before we see what it's actually supposed to be.

Last year, as we neared the end of the Hunt, those good at word puzzles took what information we had and tried to expand it out, attempting to figure out the text before all the clues had been given. That's likely to happen again this year, but we need much more to go on then three pages of hash-marks.

Archived