DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt 2011

Sid

I've got a google doc started under "Great Hunt 2011" that's an attempt to decode the text. It's public but I'm not really well versed in the technology so not really certain whether anybody else will ever be able to access it or not. Stay tuned I guess. Thanks to Terez' earlier translation I got somewhere, it looks like a history of Cadsuane's doings although nothing really cool has been revealed yet. I got that she got bundled off to the Tower at an early age, and also I got a "green ajah" and some dates where she done some #### stuff and apparently she's somewhat short but taller than Moiraine. Also she has something to say about the Dark One but not sure what.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cadsuane Melaidhrin was born in 705 NE in the city-state of Far Madding. At the age of eighteen she went to the White Tower. There she spent six years as a novice and four years as Accepted...

Nice work. Eighteen sounds more realistic, I stopped counting after I noticed that both thirteen and fourteen had the right amount of letters.

The next sentence is a bit more tricky: "After two years six weeks as a Novice she ???? ????? an Accepted." is my guess.

It looks like she was a novice 6 years. I think I got "sent to the White Tower where she spent six years as a novice."

EDIT: nice ninja post Terez. Although it could be five years not four, though I doubt it. Hard to think of Cads even spending that much time as either novice or Accepted.

The next sentence is a bit more tricky: "After two years six weeks as a Novice she ???? ????? an Accepted." is my guess.

It looks like she was a novice 6 years. I think I got "sent to the White Tower where she spent six years as a novice."

Terez already came and revealed me as the amateur guesslator I am XD

Cadsuane Melaidhrin was born in 705 NE in the city-state of Far Madding. At the age of eighteen she went to the White Tower. There she spent six years as a novice and four years as Accepted...

Nice work. Eighteen sounds more realistic, I stopped counting after I noticed that both thirteen and fourteen had the right amount of letters.

It could also be 19. I just sent a PM to RandomMan. I will let anyone watch the decoding document but I will only let certain people edit it. Last year there were too many idiots editing it and it got out of hand very quickly.

Not saying you're an idiot at all. :D I just sent the first invitation to Random Man. Anyone can start an open-source one if they like, and I will offer more invitations later.

It could also be 19. I just sent a PM to RandomMan. I will let anyone watch the decoding document but I will only let certain people edit it. Last year there were too many idiots editing it and it got out of hand very quickly.

Not saying you're an idiot at all. :D I just sent the first invitation to Random Man. Anyone can start an open-source one if they like, and I will offer more invitations later.

If the last sentence is correct then neither the age she left for the Tower, nor the time she spent before she was raised to the shawl match up.

18 + 6 + 4 = 28

My first thought would be that she left at 14 spend six years as a novice and five as an Accepted. That would put her at 25 or 26.

Guest Emu on the Loose

It's surreal watching you guys edit that document in real-time, but, also, it really is cool to see people who love the series so much that they're working on this uphill task at all hours of the morning!

About the codes - Since the excerpt we're getting seems to be about Cadsuane, could some of the other codes also be character names? I went and tried a bunch of them (mostly that we know less about but are still important):

Kari Al'Thor

Verin Mathwin

Jain Farstrider

Luc Mantear

Is it possible for someone to add the google spreadsheet guesses onto the Failed Guesses Document (Failed Guesses)under the correct column periodically? If I were doing it, at the top of the column, to keep track, I would just say thru Row X when some guesses have been added. By adding the spreadsheet information to this Failed Guesses document, it will allow everyone to search for all the guesses in one place. I have noticed that the spreadsheet has different guesses than the other columns.

Thanks.

Well put together!

And the last two words of that first paragraph must be 'Green Ajah.'

OK, who do we know stands 5'5" tall.. is that Cads?

Page numbers?

(#### ####### 890 ## ## 900 ##)

Nope: years in the NE calendar, looks like. (looks for timeline..)

A lot of meat here:

######## ##### ####### ## ## ###### # ###### ## 846 ##; ### ########## ### ## # ###### #### ## ##### ###### #### ### ####### ### ####### ### ### ####### ## ## ###### #### ## ### G#### #j## ## 862 ### ####### ##### #### ### ####### ### ### ### #### ## #### ######## #### ### ##### ### ### ##### (#### ####### 890 ## ## 900 ##) #### ### ####### #### ### H### ######## ## ##### ### ####### ##### ######## B###### ### ####### ## ######## G####### ##### ######-#### ##### ###### ### #### W### ### #### ### ## ########### #### ### ### ######### W####### ### #### ######### #### ##### ### #### W## ###### ### ######## ## ### ############ ### ####### ## #### #### ####### ##### #### L##### ######### H## ########## #### ### ### ## ########## ###### ### ### ### ### ########## ## ######### ### ## ### V#### ### ####### ## ###### # #### #### ##z### #### #### ### ### ### ###### ### ####### ## #### ## ### ##### #####

846NE

Green Ajah (in?) 862

(from roughly 890 NE to 900 NE)

Lots of names? Verin?

Brandon gave out a clue to help out those that are just guessing:

Here's your clue for the internet code (different from the army one): Felix Pax. Try your guess on the Great Hunt page of my website.

For those that don't know, Felix Pax (who went by Dida on this site) is famous for some bizarre theories. His favorite discussion topics were Lanfear was not Cyndane, Valan Luca was a Hero of the Horn (and basically the greatest character in the world), and something about Ogiers that I never understood.

^ lol I doubt one of them would be, "Cyndane is not Lanfear reborn." That would be big time spoiler. I think these codes are just going to be background info on characters from RJ's notes that aren't in the books. Not spoilers for AMoL.

It's not really a spoiler since it has already been spelled out in the books and Felix Pax is pretty much the only person in the world that doesn't understand that. It seems likely to me that if Felix Pax is the clue that the code has to be something to do with one of his pet theories.

^ lol I doubt one of them would be, "Cyndane is not Lanfear reborn." That would be big time spoiler. I think these codes are just going to be background info on characters from RJ's notes that aren't in the books. Not spoilers for AMoL.

It's not really a spoiler since it has already been spelled out in the books and Felix Pax is pretty much the only person in the world that doesn't understand that. It seems likely to me that if Felix Pax is the clue that the code has to be something to do with one of his pet theories.

Or possibly something more literal? Felix Pax is latin for Lucky Peace- maybe an allusion to the Dragon's Peace (i've tried those derivations though)?

Archived