DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt 2011

Sid

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emu on the Loose

Wow! Good work, Terez and all! It's fortunate for TOR that this was merely a tasty morsel from a side dish, and not an actual preview chapter of AMoL, for the Great Hunt has been well and truly short-circuited. It's like opening that first treasure chest in Link's uncle's house, at the beginning of A Link to the Past, and, instead of the lantern, there's the Triforce.

I almost feel bad that the text is already decoded, but being able to read it already overrules that feeling I think. I'm impressed at how efficient you all were!

And hey, I contibuted like 5 words to the whole thing, I feel kinda proud of myself :P (as Anonymous, and assuming nobody had figured it out before, which they might have, but still!)

In case you didn't know, we're pretty much done with Cadsuane:

https://docs.google....NKejeSB-jE/edit

Hopefully Brandon has a backup. myrddraal.gif

Luckers must be giddy with excitement.

I was. There were several times during the decoding that I, in Terez's words, was fanboying.

Great job! Im surprised there was no mention of Norla, that hung me up for a while early on. Thats the story i wanted to hear about!

I'm thinking Norla and the time Cadsuane spent with her is probably covered in the notes on the ornaments--which given there are still two fish and a crescent moon we don't know the use of, may have held too many spoilers to be included.

Congratulations all round!

Following the progress was a strangely addictive experience, and even surreal at times.

I wish I'd been around for the first one

Maybe we can persuade BS to do another one soon - I'd love to see Verin's notes, though I suspect they'd contain too many spoilers to be usable

aka mhberek

i tried calling the wind, weaving the winds. then focused on the words COULD do. tried weather regulation. tried weapon making. glanced over the BWB then tried mining. my brains too blah to try variations of wording or caps or punctuation.

I think it was said that upper or lower case doesn't matter. I would guess that punctuation does though.

Disagree...

I concur...

'Tis but my own humble opinion I was spouting. And I welcome and respect yours, as well.

To me, though, as interesting as Cadsuane's brief character page was - and most of that was stuff I actually didn't know, though it seems I could have with a bit of research - the breadth and depth of things that RJ kept notes on is more interesting.

Guest MichaelJBell

I think it has to do with Aes Sedai and heat. After all it's extremely humid.

Tried

Aes Sedai & Heat

Aes Sedai & Weather

Twitter clue:

"I said a code had to do with something Aes Sedai could do. Hint: it'd be very useful in RJ's home town."

RJ was from Charleston, SC. All I can think of is something weather related, as they're in a prime hurricane landing territory.

My guess ( if any part of what has been translated/guessed is still in doubt ) would be the ability to ignore heat and thus not perspire.

EDIT: Maybe, more broadly, the ability to ignore discomfort.

We have a new paragraph:

FORSAKEN EVENTS

None of the Forsaken know that Osan’gar (Corlan Dashiva) is dead, but they know he’s vanished. They are pretty much sure that Sammael is dead, because he isn’t the type to remain in hiding, but think Asmodean might well be hiding out until he can figure a way to return safely. They know that Rahvin and Be’lal are dead, though some at least suspect reincarnation as Aran’gar and Osan’gar. Most have worked out that Moridin is Ishamael.

Twitter clue:

"I said a code had to do with something Aes Sedai could do. Hint: it'd be very useful in RJ's home town."

RJ was from Charleston, SC. All I can think of is something weather related, as they're in a prime hurricane landing territory.

My guess ( if any part of what has been translated/guessed is still in doubt ) would be the ability to ignore heat and thus not perspire.

EDIT: Maybe, more broadly, the ability to ignore discomfort.

I was thinking about slowing... But not sure. This sounds better, I think.

Archived