DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt 2011

Sid

For some odd reason the chat panel doesn't show up - must be something in my settings, it's a non-Microsoft system. I'll see how I get on, get back to you.

Go as wide as you can with your browser. On my system, the chat hangs off the right edge of the page, and I can make it disappear just by narrowing the window.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some odd reason the chat panel doesn't show up - must be something in my settings, it's a non-Microsoft system. I'll see how I get on, get back to you.

Go as wide as you can with your browser. On my system, the chat hangs off the right edge of the page, and I can make it disappear just by narrowing the window.

OK, I found it!

I'll be seeing Brandon tomorrow night at a book signing in Houston... any suggestions as to how to get a code out of him?

Forget the code! I think it is much more important to establish who the last virgin among the main characters is.

My vote goes to Olver.

:biggrin:

I'll be seeing Brandon tomorrow night at a book signing in Houston... any suggestions as to how to get a code out of him?

1. Wear a costume.

2. Tell him he is the awesomest person in the entire world.

3. Beg.

4. Bring him Magic cards.

5. Make him cookies.

6. Draw him a picture.

I'm thinking not a lot of people have really zoned in on the hunt over the weekend so he might appreciate an uptick in interest.

1. Wear a costume.

2. Tell him he is the awesomest person in the entire world.

3. Beg.

4. Bring him Magic cards.

5. Make him cookies.

6. Draw him a picture.

I'm thinking not a lot of people have really zoned in on the hunt over the weekend so he might appreciate an uptick in interest.

Too late to come up with a costume and I can't draw to save my life...but cookies, Magic cards, praise, and begging I can do :biggrin:

Thanks Terez!

BTW I so wanted signed books from Brandon that this spring when he was in Norway, I sent my sister who lives in Oslo (and does not read much other than tabloids) to go meet him and get him to sign some books for me. My crazy sister approached him saying "I'm not a fan of yours BUT...

twitter hint = 'list'

try try try :)

Wait, where did you see the hint 'list'? I just checked his twitter and I'm not seeing it...

That was direct messaged by Peter to the person who guessed which clue number Brandon told him to give us hints on next. (Following hashtag #wotgh & caught the discussion)

Matt

Oooo #wotgh code 30 clue - "noun" & "noun"

Boyd Meier

@BrandSanderson just gave out a clue to a lucky guy ahead of me. I got a hint for clue 30: it is (noun) '&' (noun)

Make sure you're checking the Great Hunt main page regularly. We've gotten lots of clues and codes in the last 24 hours. http://bit.ly/wotgh

People should understand that these codes will reveal more and more letters/guessable words from top to bottom. Brandon and team know that with software and the brilliant people we have on this, we'd have cracked it after about 6 clues.

By the way, Awesome work everyone participating in the deciphering of the excerpt. Terez and everyone you have the thanks of all of us here.

For me at least the codes are very interesting, even more than the Cadsuane text (but great job at decoding that so soon!). They give a good, if tiny, insight in the writing process. I still have much fun at guessing (though it's a bit strange to do it in a foreign language AND sometimes I could swear that hunt is only about some enthusiastic fans doing a lot of captchas) and just wish we could see all the notes RJ made.

Archived