DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Hello, all! I've lurked around Dragonmount for years; just now introducing myself......

I fell in love with WoT eleven years ago and have gained immense pleasure from re-read after re-read..... Haven't read MoL yet, but not in a hurry......

Looking for a good social group. I despise Egwene al'Vere so please recommend other haters; also I dislike ALL of the Trakands in the later books so there's that, too.....

Please message and friend me at will!! And thanks!

Welcome!

I'm new here too. I think Egwene got better as the book goes on, but I am right there with you regarding the Trakands. Morgase, Elayne and Galad are just annoying. Gawyn is insufferable!

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey yall,

Big time fan of the series even tho I only started reading January last year I've finished all the books since yesterday and my first post was yesterday as well. I haven't read a series quite like it, I laughed, cried, send been downright pissed at times. All the signs of a good story.

Even though the series is over I hope to have many a discussion about the philosophy and themes presented through the books.

Guest flyingpanther71

Hi. This is my first time visiting this site. I started reading the Wheel of Time series in 1998. I was hooked from the start. When I had heard the Robert Jordan had died I thought that I would never see the end of this story. Then Brandon Sanderson stepped in and brilliantly finished what Robert had started. I have not had a lot of time to read the final book but I am enjoying it immensely. Thank you Brandon for finishing the story and keeping Robert's story alive. 

Guest marshyhob

Long time WOT fan ( 16 yrs ) , first time using this site.

hi all! thought i'd sign up here as i'm getting serious WOT withdrawal symptoms having just finished AMOL. Its like losing friends i've known for 16 years, so i've registered here to try and help fill the void.

Hello WOT fans! I only started the Wheel of Time last May, but have since read through the entire series and gone back and reread starting from book 9 to prep for A Memory of Light. I read AMoL in three days and am furious that my friends haven't finished reading it yet, so I thought I'd join you guys to speculate on the things that need speculation and to rave about how amazing the series was.

A fan from Book 1,  over the years it was a must wait and well worth it.  Just read Book 14.  It has been one of my look forward to the next there is alot of things that could spin off this series, I hope others can do so.  One of the few books that you can read over and over and still pick up new things.   Sad that this is the final but happy to get there.  The best hands down.

Helo there! i have an acount .... actually two acounts that wont let me in so i made a new one... yes im pathetic but guess what i LOVE the wheel of time (who doesnt) and i really wanted to be a part of the website. If there is any posible way to delete the shadowmere and matrimlover from this website to save space go right ahead... i have no idea if thats possible. Well nice to meet you! and i hope to finaly be an active part of the commutity! XD

Hello all! I started reading the series in high school in 1990 and had been eagerly awaiting the conclusion. I wasn't disappointed with the story (though there are a few parts I've picked apart). It's nice to see the opinions of others and be able to share my thoughts.

Guest crice15

Hi all!

I actually started reading the series about 2 years ago. I was selling produce from our family farm and I got really bored waiting for people :).....so my aunt brought me some books because I love to read and one of them just so happened to be The Eye of the World. Next thing I knew I had finished the book and was hooked on the series! I look forward to discussing them with you all and having a great time! 

I started reading The Wheel of Time back in the mid 90s.   The Eye of the World was recommended to me by a fellow bookseller when the series was only 2 or 3 books, but I resisted picking it up then.  My bad...

I worked in and managed bookstores for about 20 years and had the priviledge of hosting Robert Jordan at the Borders in Santa Cruz for the Knife of Dreams tour.  Mr. Jordan and his wife Harriet showed up over an hour before the event to chat with staff and sign books for store stock.  The signing was engaging, of course, and it was great fun to watch the author dole out RAFOs and educate over eager fans.  I've never had a better experience with an author (and that isn't necessarily just because I was a fan).  Our staff was heartbroken when we heard the news of Mr. Jordan's diagnosis and again with the sad news of his passing.

I'm also the webmaster and editor of Michael Whelan's website.  I was amused to find my name mentioned in the AMOL cover art speculation thread here on Dragonmount based on insider comments I made about the cover art on TOR.com.  Michael asked me for feedback as he was finishing up the cover illustration.  I had the opportunity to view the finished painting (wow!) and review his production art for AMOL when I visited in June.  Quite a bit of that art is now on view on our site in a "making of" gallery for A MEMORY OF LIGHT.

http://www.michaelwhelan.com/into-shayol-ghul/