DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Horn??? Really???

NetSlider

• 2 months later...

Did anyone listed to podcast (the 4th age) # 79? The interview with Team Jordan? There they say that the Horn was made by humans sometime before AoL and, get this, it originally called musicians! WTF...kind of kills my theory of Creator making it during the creation...dry.gif

that was a joke. if anyone hasn't listened to it, please do, it's a great podcast.

but the thing about the horn was clearly a joke.

Did anyone listed to podcast (the 4th age) # 79? The interview with Team Jordan? There they say that the Horn was made by humans sometime before AoL and, get this, it originally called musicians! WTF...kind of kills my theory of Creator making it during the creation...dry.gif

that was a joke. if anyone hasn't listened to it, please do, it's a great podcast.

but the thing about the horn was clearly a joke.

Sometimes we(collective) take author's(collective) at their word because they control the pen.

I'm sure if someone asked a similar question about the Bowl of Winds, they just may tell you that it was originally intended to hold light and airy pasta.

Gah, the guys cant even have a joke without being scrutinized.

Well, this sorta proves Randsc right.

Thats what we get for over analyzing everything. Serves us right.

But yes, it was clearly a joke.

Its not even logical that the Horn was used to call musicians.

Unless all of the HoTH are in a band.

Well I think it's a really cool idea, you go to a concert you think 'this sucks, just some dude on a stupid horn' and then pop a whole orchestra shows up.

And it would be called the Dragon Philharmonic Orchestra ofcourse.

Anyways, this news makes perfect sense, a horn is a musical instrument created by humans. A magical horn still needs to be designed by humans.

I have no problem with it being man-made. Especially if in a long-forgotten age with knowledge of such things.

But "made to call musicians"!?

That is terrible...

Ehh, personally I think the Horn calls whomever the Pattern wishes it to call.

Fair enough...I could go with that.

Well one could argue that bringing back musicians from the dead is bad-ass enough .

In tGH when the Horn is blown the called heroes make it sound like they've been bound to it for a very long time, so unless the heroes were all musicians in previous ages . . . .

And now, Hawkwing on the guitar, everyone!!!!

Birgitte will definitely be the singer. I think in WH while Rand and Elayne are going at it, she says she wants to get up on a table, take all her clothes off and sing. That must be a memory. The drummer(Gaidal of course) will surely appreciate.

In tGH when the Horn is blown the called heroes make it sound like they've been bound to it for a very long time, so unless the heroes were all musicians in previous ages . . . .

Birgitte will definitely be the singer. I think in WH while Rand and Elayne are going at it, she says she wants to get up on a table, take all her clothes off and sing. That must be a memory. The drummer(Gaidal of course) will surely appreciate.

I dunno, didn't Mat describe her singing voice as terrible? Or am I remembering things that never happened again?

But on that note, out of the known Hero's, who would play what?

Lews Therin as conductor

Gidal on a big ass bass drum

Hawkwing on a grand piano

The Twin's on flutes

Peidrig on chello

Birgitte on a harp...

list goes on and on....

A.

Have you all forgotten the clues from tGH? I've been wondering about some dialogue for years.

tGH 47

"It takes more than bitchin' riffs to bind a man to the Horn." Artur Hawkwing's voice was deep and carrying, a voice used to giving commands.

---

Justice shone like a mirror in Hawkwing's gauntleted fist. "I have shredded by your side times beyond number, Lews Therin, and faced you as many more." Hawkwing lifted his hand to the sky, holding Rand's gaze in a vice grip. Justice was different, it did not change, it simply was something else. Taking hold of Justice by the long haft, Hawkwing gave out a piercing scream, launching into the most awesome guitar lick ever heard, and everybody walked the dinosaur.

Lol, nice!

Anyway, yea over analysis of a joke, hopefully they aren't in that spirit as they write the LB...

"Finally at Shayol Ghul it was all about to begin, the armies where ready, Rand has finished his final preparations and the link had been made. A drum sounded.

The end of the fourteenth book of the Wheel of Time"

Nooooooooooooo.

So that's what happened to them...

(awful pun!! :tongue: )

HAHAHA!!!!! Good one! tongue.gif

In a book on writing by Stephen King he says he never uses plot to write his stories. He says the story and plot points are discovered as he writes. It's almost like reading the book and wondering what's going to happen next.

Which is precisely why I can't stand his books. I gave him a second chance and read 'The Dome', but that may have made me dislike his writing even more...

Anyways, this news makes perfect sense, a horn is a musical instrument created by humans. A magical horn still needs to be designed by humans.

Have you read the Dark Tower series? WAY BETTER AND MORE IMAGINATIVE THAN TWoT!!!!!!!

Archived