DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Krakalakachkn

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

;_; I want Skyrim so bad but my Pc cant handle it!

Bethesda Hq is like 10.mins down the road....*cannot confirm or deny wanting to break in*

Have you checked the specs? If you could play say, fallout 3 on your pc you shouldn't have issues with Skyrim...

After reaffirming the specs, I can say Sinister that my wife will hate you since I may be "busy"all day tomorrow .

I aim to please. ^_^

You MAY not play it at even medium specs, but being able to play AT ALL is better than NOT at all!

See you all in game in.. 6 hours MOFOS! :P

Started it last night. Have no idea what I should do first.

I know exactly what you meant. First thing that happened to me when the game 'truelly' starts is... "What next?" And then you look upon the world presented to you.... and you just have to go...

Holy F**k!

I decide to simply plow through the main quest, than work my way back around the periphery quests. ;)

almost every single random person i've talked to has given me a quest. Kind of getting overwhelmed. Oh, and i think i accidentally joined a warriors guild (companions) on my mage. Anybody know what the mage guild is?

The Mages College.

Just ask random npcs about where you can learn magic from.

i'm still unsure about whether i should get this game. i'm very tempted to get it just for the pure ability to explore the world and see the stunning graphics; but i didn't enjoy Oblivion at all and i've heard the fighting system (one of the things i didn't like) is exactly the same in Skyrim.

i'm still unsure about whether i should get this game. i'm very tempted to get it just for the pure ability to explore the world and see the stunning graphics; but i didn't enjoy Oblivion at all and i've heard the fighting system (one of the things i didn't like) is exactly the same in Skyrim.

I wouldn't say exactly the same, you get another hand to play with! (comedy drum sound here)

you still have single click for regular attack, hold click for power attack, A stamina bar that drains faster, and a magicka bar that actually regens normally.

Add in the second hand, and now you got a shield that actually blocks, or a second weapon to attack with. You can power-attack with both weaposn at the same time, (click/hodling at same time) ect.

Shouts add more to it,

Magicka seems more powerful but weaker at the same time. (base spells seem stronger to me, if only cause you can actually regen mana now) But theres no spell-creation processs. (hopefully dlc,, oh god, dlc!)

Enchanting is different, no longer about having the spell on you, but has to deal with dis-enchanting weaposn/armor to get the effects on those kinds of weapons to enchant with. Otherwise process is similar, though the power of yoru enchant is based on the gear and not the soul gem.

So I can put a bigger enchant on Ebony than I can on Hide armor.

Played on a friend's PS3... want it for PC

Incredible game, gorgeous visuals, solid game-play, flexible character set ups, immersing story. Have yet to finish the game, or to have tried the romance options.

Some of the 'issues' I had

-Like with other ES titles, the open world can make things rather intimidating in knowing what to do, likewise the no-class style character set up provides such a wealth of choices it might be difficult for people to get their head around.

-Potentially high frequency (depending on gameplay style) with low impact: glitchy visuals (e.g. invisible horse, hair showing through hoods and helms)... hopefully there will be fixes for this, this is one reason I am more likely to get the PC version (though I will have to buy a new PC)

-Limited frequency with potentially high impact (depending on inventory): The random encounters with dragons can make for some rather frustrating moments if unprepared

I think consoles have had more 'issues' than the Pc version IMO. (Only bug I've had... is random CTD's..)

Hair clipping is something that happens in every game, not awhole lot they can do about it but fix it on a per-issue/combination basis.

Romance = underwhelming, no where near well... bioware. Needs to be 'fleshed out' in more ways than one. :P

But as far as the process goes...

You go to riften, hit the pub or temple of Mara, for a guy in a robe, he'll sell you an Amulet of Mara. If you have it (or both you and your companion have it, I think it only requires that you equip it though) you can get hitched via a dialogue option.

Costs something like 200 gold.

Btw, Smithing aint no laughin matter. ;)

This be Dragon Plate Armor

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632983187906631627/5A4EA891891236868524DB96F80E6B3698F99BB2/

This be an Ebony War Hammer. I Enchanted it with Soul Tap, thus I named it.. Soul Crusher.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632983187906634802/269F8650C4633C9276EE1075819FFADAD42B24D8/

Thats fully upgraded (Legendary) but only at a skill level of 100. If you keep upping yoru skill level through enchants.... welllets just say it gets huge...

However, I still have a soft spot for Ebony Armor.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632982837672384180/86B0DEB9EBA6A4A67835DC8B78EAC4E1E9AADF67/

I finally got this game last night. I put about 7 hours and barely even did any of the main story. I dabbled in the crafting, and have gotten a ton of random quests from NPC's. Looks like I have found the next contender to suck up 200+ hours of my life. I gotta say the visuals in this game are fairly tight, with some clipping issues, and a few awkward character animations, but overall they are excellent. The gameplay is not my favorite style for an RPG but it is improved from Oblivion, IMO.

Clipping is an easy fix though x.x I do not understand the problem... simply do some darn collision detection or some bounding planes or something to determine if they are going to pass through the outer layer... if so, dont show those parts of the polygon.... It is probably (i haven't checked) something similar (though the opposite end of the problem) which is causing my invisible horse.

I have heard about the romance problems... I expected something along the lines of the Fable level of 'romance', hopefully if they dont fix it themselves then someone will release a mod. ((Actually speaking of that, after Ive played through a bit I should check out any modding tools for it))

romance consists of (I think) getting a specific amulet that lets you ask NPCs if they're interested in you

they say yes and then you ask them to marry you

you show up for your marriage at a temple or whatever and a priest marries you and you get a stupid little enchanted ring then your SO lives in your house and is annoying

romance consists of (I think) getting a specific amulet that lets you ask NPCs if they're interested in you

they say yes and then you ask them to marry you

you show up for your marriage at a temple or whatever and a priest marries you and you get a stupid little enchanted ring then your SO lives in your house and is annoying

Thats the marriage system in Skyrim, supposedly some give 'quests' your supposed to do before hand, but so far I don't think they exist.

Its basically, equip amulet, Talk to an NPC is Riften (Sp? thieves guild town) then talk to your 'companion' followers, or whoever for the option to marry.

The ring sucked (at least mine did, was +restoration)

However the bonuses don't.

You get an 8 hour +skill up speed buff just by sleepin in the 'bed' of your 'home' or 'her' home;

She makes you home cooked meals that speed up sta/hp/magicka regen.

And of course, she sets up shop, that baasically grants you `100 gold a day. So when you visit home after along journey, you may find your self, 1500+ gold richer.

I just wish they'd have made the marriage system, slightly closer to Fable, somewhat like the 'bounty' system is in skyrim. 1 wife per town. :P

If your 'wife companion' dies, You can not remarry.

I can not getting anything done in this game, it's great. Every time I set out to do anything I end up wrapped up in another quest. I stopped at an Inn to complete a side quest, a guy challenged me to a drinking game, I accepted, the screen went dark and I woke up in a temple being yelled at and called a blasphemer ( I think my housecarl lost all respect for me at this point), then I was trying to head out of town when I witnessed a murder, so of course I had to solve the case, along with my housecarl we set out to do it Law and Order style (I knew I had been playing to long when I started thinking of snarky things my Houusecarl should say after interrogating people) by the end of it I had been locked up for a crime I didn't commit, had to shank a guy, and I promptly escaped. At least when I finally got out of that town a dragon didn't swoop down on me, I fully expected it to. and I still have not turned in that side quest.

... I wants to install some of these sexy mods... but Im not going to do it until I can get my hands on the Skyrim Creation Kit.... why oh why hasn't it been released yet? Is it just that we are forced to wait for the first 2/3 DLCs to come out? If so Ima be annoyed. And the whole gotta be online to install... fsking steam... fsking Bethesda... if I hadn't already bought it... maybe Ill patch it simply for this!

*grumbles* cant even play the fsking game I bought *grumbles* have to pack up my new rig (once the damn store contacts me to say they got it in) and go to someone's house to steal their net connection ((Since I dont have one at home and I dont think the library would appreciate me using theirs like that)) *grumbles* fsking steam fsking bethesda

RAWRWARAWR lemme play the game I bought already! *bursts into tears*

... I wants to install some of these sexy mods... but Im not going to do it until I can get my hands on the Skyrim Creation Kit.... why oh why hasn't it been released yet? Is it just that we are forced to wait for the first 2/3 DLCs to come out? If so Ima be annoyed. And the whole gotta be online to install... fsking steam... fsking Bethesda... if I hadn't already bought it... maybe Ill patch it simply for this!

*grumbles* cant even play the fsking game I bought *grumbles* have to pack up my new rig (once the damn store contacts me to say they got it in) and go to someone's house to steal their net connection ((Since I dont have one at home and I dont think the library would appreciate me using theirs like that)) *grumbles* fsking steam fsking bethesda

RAWRWARAWR lemme play the game I bought already! *bursts into tears*

You need to be online to 'install' it last I checked.

If you put your Steam in Offline mode (while you got the nets) you should be able to allow Skyrim to be playable, offline.

As for the creation kit, Its probably going to be released with the upcoming patch,or shortly after. Not 2 or 3 DLCs later.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.... been playing Skyrim on PC now for about 20 hours or so... Everything on Ultra settings and maintaining strong FPS, very nice (It helps that my PC is very nearly Dragon-esque in its beastiness however). And the bugs I noted earlier about the PS3 Version? Only the occasional invisible hose when you are in a cramped spot...

Having the Steam requirement for mere installation is a biatch, as is the need to download quite a bit in order to make the already installed game 'playable' (i.e. steam wont let it run otherwise). So they lose marks there.

Likewise the Creation Kit is not yet released (they reckon January) so I am a little disappointed there, though there are a few mods out there from people who have made some reasonably (so far) reliable assumptions about the game design. Still, I am going to wait a while for the proper CK before I try the mods that have been released already or trying my hand at creating my own... though I can see some areas where it would definitely be fun (at least one of my ideas I doubt I will be able to do myself, so will instead drop it down on the nexus forums or somewhere similar)

• 2 months later...

Archived