DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Krakalakachkn

All I know is that as soon as I turned into a vampire and realized I wasn't at a high enough level to complete the anti-vampire quest, I quit the game.

You know I have never done that quest... I didn't realize you had to be a certain level. What happened? I have contracted the vimpireism but I always took a potion before I went to sleep so it never effected me. but you have me thinking this is a quest i have never done so it might be fun.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no required level, but I didn't have access to a weapon that could effect elementals (I believe it was elementals, it's been so long) and my damage wasn't enough to hurt them anyways. They were just too high a level for me, and since I had to harvest something from the cave they reside in, suffice to say I got destroyed any time I got close.

Here's the quest information:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Cure_Vampirism

oh! The ghost or whisp-o-willows(sp?). I think you can use Silver weapons on them as well. I think anything that has an enchantment it will hurt these even if it does not have the full enchantment. But that would get annoying if you didn't know what to do.

Thanks for the link though!

Yes I believe you can use Silver weapons on the Whisps.

Magic bows are easy to make, its not hard to get into the Mage guild and the Daedric quest that gives you the Azure Star is really easy as well...although u might become a Vampire (always go to a alter after that quest).

I was always very careful with Vampires as I read that the quest cud bug to get you back.

Yeah just read through it doubt I'll do it as there is really no real reward for it. (I have no money problems as I set up that thieves cave first thing So now I get bank every week and they all have raised selling caps.) Just didn’t seem like it was that interesting of a side quest. I am about to start the whole Madness side quest for the first time I have never played it through though I do Have the GOTY version, So I figured why not. (I just finished the Fighters Guild for the first time. It was my last Guild. I just never seemed to finish it. A lot of backtracking in the story line.) Though all this will slow down considerably now that I am playing Two Worlds II.

Yeah I have azure star and I am still useing Umbra's sword (No weight as I got it before the quest was given). My Fav Guild line is the theives. I think it's a great story and there is a good balance of challenge. Next I like the Mages Guild as it is mostly different little challenges. I did the Dark Brother hood once but it just seemed empty. And the fighers Guild is fun but there just doesn;t feel like there is a stroy there.

I thought "Morrowind" was excellent, i loved the non linear concept. Oblivion was ok, i didn't find it quite as fun as morrowind but the graphics were way better. Fallout3 is fantastic as well, the attention to detail in the D.C. wasteland is phenomenal, New Vegas is alright. only thing is now I'm spoiled for non-linear games, won't play most others anymore. Although any 1st per. shooter thats well made is usually fun. Any suggesions for 360 games?

A special Game Informer podcast Q&A with Todd Howard

Game Informer's web coverage of our The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim cover story has proven to be popular with Bethesda's legion of devoted RPG fans. Today, we're pleased to present a special edition of the Game Informer Show, in which Bethesda's Todd Howard answers questions we solicited from our community of online users. It's nearly an hour of freewheeling discussion, we put your queries to Howard, who gives some revealing responses -- while still leaving more than a bit of mystery surrounding the game. Some of the topics covered include the game's combat system, spells, factions, and the powerful dragons that reign terror over the world of Skyrim.

The podcast can be found here

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ahhh glad to find this thread. Morrowind was amazing because you had no idea how grand the story was until much later in the game. That way it built up, and surprises really made it exciting (think Dagoth Ur, traveling to Vivec, or the elf towers). Also, some of the best equipment in the game is without quest lines. You find this magical, ass-kicking sword/hammer/shield just by happenstance and it makes you think "holy cow what else is out there?"

It had a realistic look and feel that Oblivion didn't replicate. Oblivion's graphics are a tad too shiny; almost cartoon-ish by comparison. Traveling across the map in seconds, without paying any kind of fee, is probably why the game seems to be smaller. You're only ever in cities (which aren't too big), or the entrance to sites you've already visited. It gives you the impression you're isolated. The physics were way better though, and taking people down by sending them off cliffs is about as fun as it gets. The controls and maneuverability of your character are also upgraded, especially with the acrobatics skill.

So yeah, that's the thing, Oblivion starts out and right away you meet the king. He tells you about this prophecy stuff, and you're getting attacked by cultists. In general you know what's going to happen, so most of the bits at the end don't hit you that hard. Enjoyable game still, I'd say.

Skyrim looks like it's trying to put a bit more detail into the scenery this time, which might bring back some of that Morrowind-y realism that made the game look so sophisticated. On the other hand the story and premise of the game are already laid out for us what with the trailers and interviews, so hopefully there will be a lot of unexpected turns in-game.

Hey found this Skyrim gameplay video and I'm blown away. This actually looks even more amazing than I thought. The dragon A.I is random, so sometimes you have dragons literally flying from the sky and snatching up enemies before you kill them. I mean wow, that has to be the sickest thing I've seen in any game.

Check it out: Skyrim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived