A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What weave would you like to master?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Warder Bond - gots to know what the wife is doing

2. Hiding the Warder Bond - She doesn't kneed to know what I'm doing

3. Traveling - I need to save money on travel expenses

4. Cuellinder? - Don't know how useful that would be but it would be nice to turn the car into something indestructable.

5. Angreal, Sangreal, Terrangreal - For when I have hobby time.

6. Healing - For when I set up my own little kingdom see point 4 for the fortress walls.

7. Compulsion - Who am I kidding that would be number one. My boss wouldn't know what hit him.

8. All the damage weaves would just come over time. So no need to master them right away.

9. If there is a way to change metals from lets say stone to gold. Then that would be useful. Gold fortress walls with the cuellinder weave on it? Would that change the gold? I don't think so.

Anyway, yes I have spent sometime over the last twenty years thinking about this kind of stuff.

Ignoring the heat/ cold apperantly doesnt have anything to do with the One Power but... hmmmmm.... As crazy as this sounds.. I think Robert Jordan actually managed to ignore the heat/cold... he had many differnt mind tricks in the series and I dont think he just made them up. The mind is an incredible thing and I think that you can actually make your self believe something. such as the heat not toughing you.

People that channel say that it has nothing to do with channeling, yet the only ones that can do it are people that can channel. It's not specifically stated anywhere but it's likely that the ability to ignore the elements is a genetic trait that people with the ability to channel share even if you don't have to channel to do it. Like the 'mask the bond' thing Avi does when Rand is with Elayne in 'A Lily in Winter', she can do it but Birgitte and Min cannot.

In LoC Moghedien claims it takes time working with the power before you could achieve the detachment necessary to ignore heat or cold.

Maria Simons told me that it hasn't got anything to do with being able to channel, but that channelers by nature are more skilled at meditation techniques and so forth.

This is actually a bit odd, because at one point after being stilled, Siuan displays jealousy of one of the sisters for her ability to ignore the heat, but meh.

Compulsion, definitly. Easiest way to start making the world a better place.

That statement is just plain terrible.

Pft, the world would be so much better off if certain people lost the ability to act on their own. As a bonus, i would Compell goofkind to never write another word ever againbiggrin.gif

Compulsion, definitly. Easiest way to start making the world a better place.

That statement is just plain terrible.

Pft, the world would be so much better off if certain people lost the ability to act on their own. As a bonus, i would Compell goofkind to never write another word ever againbiggrin.gif

Stop goofkind from writing? Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Traveling.....

Definitely. A close second would be moving things with air.

No joke... that was my second. haha

Age of Legeands level healing

yeah...pretty much in that order

I hate my drive to work...and my work would be so much easier if I could move multiple things at once with multiple weaves...and I hate seeing ppl suffer...

A world with Compulsion wouln't look nice... but i don't think i could handle it. it would be far to hard to resist if i see a pretty girl...

Traveling would be awesome. even at short distances... think i'll go for Traveling/Skimming.

Has to be just good old fashioned Air to move stuff...I always sit at my desk and think, 'if only I could channel a bit of Air I wouldn't have to get up and fetch that folder, or go to the staffroom to make myself a cup of tea, or any of those other tedious monotonies which make up everyday life...'

The trick with travelling is to make a 1m x 1m gateway to a spot 1000m over the middle of the atlantic. Make the gateway horizontal rather than vertical. Position it right on floor level, just inside your front door and throw a rug over it.

Then invite someone the next door to door salesman inside.

mask of mirrors (illusion) walk right through any security as the US president for example. have your boss sign a for that appears to cut your pay when in all actualty he is signing his life saving over to you, illusion is not limited personal appearance for instance if i want some food walk up to some guy hand him what appears to be hundreds of dollars and have him get it for you

You've all thought about it (and you, saying you haven't, you're lying). . .what would it be like to be able to channel? What weaves would add the most to your day-to-day life life here in the First Age?

My vote: I want to ward my neighbor's apartment against eavesdropping so I don't have to listen to him practice keyboard all day and all night.

Well? Fess up, and keep it PG-13.

A few. Traveling, stasis boxes, and that little fat man ter'angreal that is said to contain thousands of books.

"I got time. Let me pull out my WoT Fat Man Kindle here"

mask of mirrors, for sure. not because i'm ugly, or fat or any crap like that, although it is about attractiveness. i could make myself look like what the girl i wanna talk to wants me to look. (yah shitty move, but i bet it would still be effective!)

Archived