DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What weave would you like to master?

You've all thought about it (and you, saying you haven't, you're lying). . .what would it be like to be able to channel? What weaves would add the most to your day-to-day life life here in the First Age?

My vote: I want to ward my neighbor's apartment against eavesdropping so I don't have to listen to him practice keyboard all day and all night.

Well? Fess up, and keep it PG-13.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compulsion. Yeah, I went there.

Traveling would also be neat though.

Ignoring heat and cold as a side benefit... yeah, channeling would be pretty sweet. (post Cleansing)

Compulsion... I personally would not go there haha.

Ignoring the heat/ cold apperantly doesnt have anything to do with the One Power but... hmmmmm.... As crazy as this sounds.. I think Robert Jordan actually managed to ignore the heat/cold... he had many differnt mind tricks in the series and I dont think he just made them up. The mind is an incredible thing and I think that you can actually make your self believe something. such as the heat not toughing you.

Ignoring the heat/ cold apperantly doesnt have anything to do with the One Power but... hmmmmm.... As crazy as this sounds.. I think Robert Jordan actually managed to ignore the heat/cold... he had many differnt mind tricks in the series and I dont think he just made them up. The mind is an incredible thing and I think that you can actually make your self believe something. such as the heat not toughing you.

People that channel say that it has nothing to do with channeling, yet the only ones that can do it are people that can channel. It's not specifically stated anywhere but it's likely that the ability to ignore the elements is a genetic trait that people with the ability to channel share even if you don't have to channel to do it. Like the 'mask the bond' thing Avi does when Rand is with Elayne in 'A Lily in Winter', she can do it but Birgitte and Min cannot.

I would want to make Cuendillar, the possibilities are endless.

I could be the most sought after architect in the world, I could make bulletproof vests for the army (or conversely, unstoppable bullets), effective trade embargos (Thank you Egwene!), the best drills etc.

Cha ching!

People that channel say that it has nothing to do with channeling, yet the only ones that can do it are people that can channel. It's not specifically stated anywhere but it's likely that the ability to ignore the elements is a genetic trait that people with the ability to channel share even if you don't have to channel to do it. Like the 'mask the bond' thing Avi does when Rand is with Elayne in 'A Lily in Winter', she can do it but Birgitte and Min cannot.

But what about the Aiel... they can do it.

But what about the Aiel... they can do it.

Aiel don't sweat from the heat? That's a new one on me. As far as I know they live in extreme conditions and are more used to the weather, but can't flat out ignore heat and cold.

...but we digress

Definitely Compulsion.

When used right, it's a very versatile weave. Able to control through near complete stealth, kill, kill with a built in timer(basically), manipulate matters on a grand scale by playing one person against another. In such an interconnected technological world a single person with masterful use of Compulsion could practically rule the world...or destroy it if they wished.

I would want to make Cuendillar, the possibilities are endless.

I could be the most sought after architect in the world, I could make bulletproof vests for the army (or conversely, unstoppable bullets), effective trade embargos (Thank you Egwene!), the best drills etc.

Cha ching!

How would that be an unstoppable bullet? Just cause it's made of cuendillar doesn't mean it can break through other stuff.

And agreed with a couple others, compulsion.

Healing first I hate seeing my son sick would love to stop that if possiable. Traveling second man would make getting to work much easier. 3rd moving objects with air would (being very lazy now). fourth Compulsion when my boss or husband are getting on my nerves I could bend them to my way of thinking mahahahaha. (If i didnt have a beautiful son to protect I think I might me slightly evil scary thought)

Ewandrina

Ya, the first thing that popped into my mind was Compulsion. I'm not proud of this, but that was it. I would only ever use the power for evil, but I'd have fun doing it.

Second would be making cuendillar for the commercial operations and third would be Travelling.

It would be nice to be able to move things with my mind and be able to grab a new beer from the fridge without getting up off the couch and useful stuff like that, but if I have Compulsion, I can just have one of my mindless slaves to get the beer for me and if I have Travelling, I can just open a gateway to the kitchen and reach through, so it's a less important ability.

I'd like travelling or skimming.. especially if I were wearing a spacesuit.. Actuslly, no need for one, I'd use Rand's life-support weave from VoG!

I'd also like a weave to manipulate rock/metal etc so that I could build really nice houses, or cave dwellings, which I've always fancied, dunno why. Good ones hobbit-style, not Fred Flintstone.

Also, being slightly worried at the trend here :biggrin: I'd want an anti-compulsion weave! :wink:

Archived