DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your Lesser-Known ''Fave Scenes''

The Fisher King

Some of my favorite scenes:

Perrin confronting the Basheres on him marrying Faile and they accept him.

Mat owning Galad/Gawyn outside the white tower

When Damer Flinn uses healing on Rand and Corele is so eager to know what he did that she will even have his babies if he tells her (btw, would this make a 100% channeler?)

When Sorilea teaches Cadsuane to travel

When Cadsuane puts Harine in place (and basicly everything else Cadsuane does)

Every interaction between Rand and Aviendha up to (and including :D ) their visit to snowy seanchan ^^

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

verin and mat in tGs

Hehe. Loved it when she goes "You didn't ask where i Got this from"[referring to the drawing of Mat]

"I figured you just kinda saidared it"

"Saidared it." Verin responded flatly

I lost it laughing at that line

And how, prior to Verin popping up Mats grand plan to assault the village. "Does this mean I can go back to aged aunt?"

When Mat sees Lan in ACoS, just before they go to the Rahad for the Bowl of the Winds.

Nyneave married? Lan married to Nyneave? The man was mad. No wonder his eyes looked so bleak.

The entire chapter is basically utter hilarity, but this little thought is the creme de la creme, IMO.

When Mat sees Lan in ACoS, just before they go to the Rahad for the Bowl of the Winds.

Nyneave married? Lan married to Nyneave? The man was mad. No wonder his eyes looked so bleak.

The entire chapter is basically utter hilarity, but this little thought is the creme de la creme, IMO.

Yea, that was a good one. Nalesean just looks at Lan as if he's gone mad.

Afterwards Mat says 'Light, Nynaeve. He doesn't think you're angry. I don't think you're angry. Now can we go get the bloody Bowl of the Winds?'

the "Play for you're supper" Rand/ mat arc up to caemlyn. Something about those 3-4 chapters is just amazing, every time i re-read i just love to remember what R/M/P we're like in book 1 and 2 before s*** hit the fan. It's like reminiscing about my childhood :happy:

Hehe. Loved it when she goes "You didn't ask where i Got this from"[referring to the drawing of Mat]

Oh yeah, that one cracked me up!

Me too. I've seen a lot of people that didn't think that phrase was very WOT-like but it cracked me up. Still laughed out loud on the reread too.

Oh yeah, that one cracked me up!

Me too. I've seen a lot of people that didn't think that phrase was very WOT-like but it cracked me up. Still laughed out loud on the reread too.

i loved that line as well, always crack me up :P

Well, I kind of agree. I don't remember Mat referring to 'saidin' or 'saidar' at any time before TGS, he always just says 'the power'. I'm not sure he even knows the names of the halves.

I think it's the oddity of seeing a made-up noun in a made-up language being verbified the way we often do in English that throws people. Of course, the characters do this all the time in their dialogue, but since they're doing it in English, we don't even notice. I just take it as given that Mat did the equivalent grammatical trick in the New Tongue.

Now, Min's "toes/toh" pun? That was just wrong.

Well, I kind of agree. I don't remember Mat referring to 'saidin' or 'saidar' at any time before TGS, he always just says 'the power'. I'm not sure he even knows the names of the halves.

Given how much time the guy has spent around channelers (Ha! Irony!) it'd be bizarre (to the point of being nonsensical) if he hadn't picked up a lot of Power-related vocabulary. And he has: he definitely knows what "ter'angreal" means, for one. He has to know saidin too, considering he was at the actual Eye of the World when Moraine told everybody what it was. That and he got to hear some of Moiraine's exposition Channeling 101 lessons with Egwene when they were camping (as did everyone else in the camp). Besides, those names aren't exactly obscure in Randland. He's probably known them for most of his life, even if he had no occasion to use them.

There are many lesser known scenes that I have loved in this series:

Rand's walk throught the dead of the night while pulling Tam's body in tEotW, along with the reveal that he had been 'found' as a baby. I believe that Rand's strength of character can be traced back to that point, (or perhaps slightly further, when he goes back to the house to get supplies even though he is terrified out of his mind).

When Thom discovers that Deena had been killed...(paraphrased) "You should never have touched the girl", and then proceeds to kill the two hit men, and we find out later he kills Galldrian as well. Epic badassery right there!

Perrin, growing a beard...And then when someone, I forget who, or what book, comments on it, and he states simply "My wife likes it." Perrin, when he decides to free Gaul from the cage. Perrin, when he discovers that his family is dead. Frist time I actually teared up reading this series...For a main character's entire family to killed off!! On the flip side of that, after the battle of Emonds Field, the little boy who speaks to Perrin, who has the same last name and figures they must be related somehow...Such a sweet moment!

Nynaeve...So many great moments with her; breaking her block was great, her sheer stubborness in marrying Lan, the whole 'The Golden Crane" moments in KoD. When she first begins to remember being compulsed by Moggy, and when she bests her in the first fight. Her quiet, but heartfelt talk with Rand when he first asks her about his mother.

LOVED when Mat and Birgitte get drunk...When Birgitte points out to him that they are conversing in the Old Tongue. And when Birgitte makes the girls express their gratitude...Well, actually, when the girls reveal information about the whole Tear thing that even Mat hadn't told her..."I dont' know that I would've have done that for anyone short of Gaidal." And when Aviendha agrees. When Mat pouts in bed after the first time he and Tylin get together. His reaction to the news of her murder. The moments after Moiraine 'heals' Matt from the dagger, and he enters the room, his reaction to Loial because he doesn't remember meeting him, and when Rand realizes that he still has the dagger. His healing at the White Tower, and his speech in the Old Tongue to the sisters who are healing him. The quarterstaff fight with G/G. Those few moments where he thinks to himself that Olver spends too much time with Riselle's bosom. When he chooses to stay in Ebou Dar to search for Olver, and the brick collapse on top of him. Too many moments with Mat to keep going! lol

I love many of the Loial moments as well...When he first meets Rand...When we discover that he is over ninety years old; when we find out how he saved the children in Tear, and all the mothers send him flowers. Carrying Gaul all the way back after closing the Waygate. When he sings for the Green Man. Every moment that sets his ears twitching. I miss Loial, and wish we would hear more from him. :( When he is so excited about the bed in the one inn being made of sung wood, but then doesn't even get to sleep in it.

Considering Eye of the World is definitely still my favourite in the series, I'd say a whole bunch from there.

But I think the trolloc attack at the Rand's farm and him carrying Tam through the woods was pretty awesome. As well as almost all of the dream sequences he has with Ba'alzamon before you really know who he is. Thought those were all really well done. Shadar Logoth and the escape from there was cool. And Thom staying to fight the Myrdraal. One of my favourites has to be when Perring meets Elyas and when he starts to realise he can communicate with wolves.

Ingtar staying to fight the Seanchan.

I don't know why, but the part where Fain escapes his cell in Fal Dara and they find all the dead guards and the prophecy about Luc/Isam was one of the creepiest parts in the series.

In The Dragon Reborn, when Perrin takes the little trip to the forge in Tear. And the smith didn't even ask who he was or what he was doing there. That scene always stuck in my mind.

Obviously the columns in Rhuidean were really cool because of the whole backwards through the ages thing. Quite an obvious one.

Totally agree with the part where Perrin finds his whole family dead. Has to be the saddest part of the whole series for me. Also really liked the part where Loial came back carrying Gaul.

When Perrin asks the wolves to help him free Rand. I just thought that was such a good build-up to Dumai's Wells, and kind of a foreshadowing to his role in the Last Battle, at least I hope so.

Definitely Nynaeve telling all the Borderlanders about Lan riding to Tarwin's Gap.

The ending of Gathering Storm was pretty rad, not the kind of epic ending you might hope for, but Rand finally becoming one with Lews Therin was such a great ending to all the tension with him in the book. Might be an obvious one too though.

*note* most of these aren't "lesser-known" but I still love them *note*

I love when Rand and Elayne are gettin it on and min almost falls over in the hallway and says something to the extent of "oh my"

Been through PAGES and PAGES of this thread and someone finally mentioned my fave. The "getting laid by remote control" scene. Priceless.

• 6 months later...

I see'd da steamhorse 9 times!

Cals only seen it 7!

Love all the little scenes that show life outside of the main characters and sundry. Even if it is just another reference to Domani dresses haha.

I may be wrong here, but I think it was Min.

Saying "The Dragon Fang won't be something dark and feared but something people put on their doors as a sign of faith and hope" - not a direct quote and not entirely sure if it was Min, but after all the talk of the Whitecloaks and the Dragon's Fang in the book, it really struck a cord :)

Gotta be a quote from Eben Hopwil for me:

"I piled the bodies in a hollow," he said in a flat voice."The horses, everything. I burned it all to ash. White ash that floated in the wind like snow. It didn’t bother me at all." And then Rand understanding that he's lying, that it did indeed bother him. Awesome.

Archived