Your Lesser-Known ''Fave Scenes''

The Fisher King

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand taking out the 5 Torm in TGH.

When Talene gets discovered as Black Ajah in TPoD

Kadere remembering murdering his sister when he murders Isendre

Rand's conversation with Herid Fel when Herid tells him he should stick around and study with him in LOC

When Egwene is meeting her toh for lying and the Wise Ones she is studying under say she has no toh to them in LOC

I agree with all of these that you guys have posted up. Here's one of mine that I don't think I saw on here yet. Its from TFoH, chp 3, Pale Shadows. When Mat is done gambling with the Aiel he sees Rand walking with the maidens and he calls out to Rand several times, but only when Mat calls him Lews Therin does Rand turn around and they stare at each other for several moments. That scene gets me everytime.

I agree with all of these that you guys have posted up. Here's one of mine that I don't think I saw on here yet. Its from TFoH, chp 3, Pale Shadows. When Mat is done gambling with the Aiel he sees Rand walking with the maidens and he calls out to Rand several times, but only when Mat calls him Lews Therin does Rand turn around and they stare at each other for several moments. That scene gets me everytime.

Yup - Chilling.

Fish

That is a very good one. In the same scene Mat also hits the chunk of wood while blindfolded, drunk, and the guy threw it behind him. Now the Aiel wont gamble with him anymore. Mat was only concerned with the fact that he didnt bet anything on the throw..

This one looked fun...

1. Nynaeve Heals Logain (and how cocky Logain seemed when she was staring at his chest, lol)

2. Elayne slaps the crap out of Egwene when she's had enough of the latter's crappy attitude

3. Nynaeve breaks her block

4. Mat spanking the hell out of Joline

5. Mat telling both the Aes Sedai and the damane/sul'dam combos to release the Source or he'd paddle them. I love it when Mat stands up to bullying women.

6. Lan marching into the supergirls' apartment and kissing the crap out of Nyn. Nyn telling him to be glad he doesn't tell him to dance.

7. Rand resists Alanna's bond compulsion and puts her in her place.

8. Rand puts Moiraine in her place...hard.

9. Faile threatening to kill Perrin if he dies on her, lol.

10. Rand telling Asmo to play the saddest song he knows.

11. Berelain and Faile's catfight, followed by Rhuarc stepping in like the typical dad and putting a stop to it all.

12. The scene at the BT when Logain meets with his followers. Logain shows he has the ability to be a good leader and a likeable guy.

13. Logain telling the SeaFolk to mourn on the way to TG. Some people criticized him for being a hardass, but he's 100% correct - the time for mourning is when the battle is done. Mourn during the battle and you'll be toast....and that battle has been on since the day Rand appeared in the sky.

14. Faile punching Perrin till he gave her what she wanted all along, then her sitting rigidly on her horse looking like she ate bitter fruit because she got exactly what she wanted.

15. Mat and Birgitte getting hammered together. Mat needs a good girl drinking buddy.

I am always stumbling upon favorite little scenes but soon forget them afterwards. I am re-reading FoH now and one scene I have always loved in that book is when Elayne and Nynaeve are playing around in T'a'r foolinh around and making funny things like a tree full of crazy colored blossoms, and changing clothes but my faaaavorite is when the girls get chased all over the place by a horse with a horn on its nose and they run around screaming over their shoulders for it to go away. Afterwards, neither one will admit that they were responsible for making it and silently agreed that imaginary animals should be off limiits. :)

I am always stumbling upon favorite little scenes but soon forget them afterwards. I am re-reading FoH now and one scene I have always loved in that book is when Elayne and Nynaeve are playing around in T'a'r foolinh around and making funny things like a tree full of crazy colored blossoms, and changing clothes but my faaaavorite is when the girls get chased all over the place by a horse with a horn on its nose and they run around screaming over their shoulders for it to go away. Afterwards, neither one will admit that they were responsible for making it and silently agreed that imaginary animals should be off limiits. :)

To this day, any time I see or think of a unicorn that scene pops up. It is only one small example of why I love RJ and his subtle ways of weaving fantasy in with our Age -- our beliefs, superstitions, how a certain quote or object came to be, etc....

(Sorry.. typing on phone. Ugh)

This one looked fun...

1. Nynaeve Heals Logain (and how cocky Logain seemed when she was staring at his chest, lol)

2. Elayne slaps the crap out of Egwene when she's had enough of the latter's crappy attitude

5. Mat telling both the Aes Sedai and the damane/sul'dam combos to release the Source or he'd paddle them. I love it when Mat stands up to bullying women.

6. Lan marching into the supergirls' apartment and kissing the crap out of Nyn. Nyn telling him to be glad he doesn't tell him to dance.

11. Berelain and Faile's catfight, followed by Rhuarc stepping in like the typical dad and putting a stop to it all.

12. The scene at the BT when Logain meets with his followers. Logain shows he has the ability to be a good leader and a likeable guy.

13. Logain telling the SeaFolk to mourn on the way to TG. Some people criticized him for being a hardass, but he's 100% correct - the time for mourning is when the battle is done. Mourn during the battle and you'll be toast....and that battle has been on since the day Rand appeared in the sky.

14. Faile punching Perrin till he gave her what she wanted all along, then her sitting rigidly on her horse looking like she ate bitter fruit because she got exactly what she wanted.

15. Mat and Birgitte getting hammered together. Mat needs a good girl drinking buddy.

LOL!!! Somebody PLEASE tell me where and in which books Numbers 1 and 2 on this list occur!!!

Fish

This one looked fun...

LOL!!! Somebody PLEASE tell me where and in which books Numbers 1 and 2 on this list occur!!!

Fish

this one is in LoC- Fire and Spirit, and after that she heals Siuan ( To Heal Again). I just finished re-reading LoC.

I think that one occurs when the 3 are in Tear.- TDR. when Nyn finished talking to the Wisdom there, and then explains why they are in Tear, and then egwene said how nyn was becoming more aes sedai and like moiraine and elayne snaps at egwene.

forgot the exact chapter name.

One of my very favorite scenes - paraphrased because I don't happen to have the book with me. I didn't see it mentioned in this thread either.

From The Gathering Storm

Rand - "How do you win against someone who is smarter than you and knows you better than you know yourself? Easy. You sit down at the table across from them, make them think you are playing their game, and then punch them in face as hard as you can."

And Nyneave's ensuing conversation with Cadsuane regarding the events immediately following above quote. I kept it vague in case anyone still hasn't read it, but if you have, you know exactly which scene I'm talking about.

One of my very favorite scenes - paraphrased because I don't happen to have the book with me. I didn't see it mentioned in this thread either.

From The Gathering Storm

Rand - "How do you win against someone who is smarter than you and knows you better than you know yourself? Easy. You sit down at the table across from them, make them think you are playing their game, and then punch them in face as hard as you can."

And Nyneave's ensuing conversation with Cadsuane regarding the events immediately following above quote. I kept it vague in case anyone still hasn't read it, but if you have, you know exactly which scene I'm talking about.

Haha was just about to mention the Rand part. That is the bit when I thought to myself, TGS is sooo F*ed up! As in a lot of mega horrible things happen throughout. Semi's encounter with Rand, the insane night Mat had, Balefiring a castle, etc...

My favorite scene that I haven't seen talked about much actually occurred in The Gathering Storm. I just loved it when Tylee showed Tuon and the rest of the Seanchan court the trolloc heads. I'm sure that if you had omniscient insight into all of the Seanchan blood, you would be able to laugh at how they suddenly start second-guessing all of the, "superstitions" of the mainlanders.

My favorite scene that I haven't seen talked about much actually occurred in The Gathering Storm. I just loved it when Tylee showed Tuon and the rest of the Seanchan court the trolloc heads. I'm sure that if you had omniscient insight into all of the Seanchan blood, you would be able to laugh at how they suddenly start second-guessing all of the, "superstitions" of the mainlanders.

Agreed. It makes me wonder about Fortuona doubting Mat.

Also, of all elements on the Periodic Table, why Molybdenum?

My fav scene of all time is in TGH Chapter 8 "The Dragon Reborn" when rand uses what lan taught him to act like a warder and boarderland lord lol. it is funny the way he tries to pull it off and Siuan is just annoyed by it. that has always been my fav scene so far lol.

Perhaps because its atomic number is 42....................

Oh and I have to agree with the one who mentioned Mat spanking Joliene in the wagon. I absolutely loooove that scene, Joliene's warders trying to beat the door down and when Mat walks down the steps with Baleric and Fen towering over him while Mat nonchalantly shrugs off Joliene's (and co.) mood. I can so picture the one warder with his frizzed shaved head all menacing-like, too.

And if I remember correctly, somewhere around that scene is when Mat tries to avoid working or helping out around the menagerie but ends up digging a hole in the rain, sour mood and all, burying the a'dam.

Oh and of course how can I forget the scenes when the AS are trying to puzzle out Mat's medallion and when they manage to hit him, Mat turns around furiously only to discover the group of women paying him no mind while taking notes.

Love it!!

Perhaps because its atomic number is 42....................

Wow, that didn't take long. Very impressive

Archived