DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragonsworn1991

Oh, yeah i forgot. *giggles* I vote for [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow].

why vote for a vouched innocent?

I really don't see where Talya and Meesh are coming from saying that Mynd isn't being aggressive enough.  Maybe it's because I was on the receiving end of some of his aggression, but I think he has been plenty aggressive.  This Myndwagon is very interesting.  First come Talya (although Talya hasn't actually voted Mynd yet) and Meesh with what is in my opinion very weak metagaming.  Then comes Amadine with what would normally be a very understandable vote except for the fact that she dissembles when explaining her reason for voting Mynd.  She says she agrees with Meesh but toally neglects to mention saving her alleged millermason teammate Thorum from lynch as a motivation for voting Mynd.  Then come Pete and Locke.  Pete's reason makes sense although I think it is odd that he is so sure that Thorum is innocent when he is being vouched for by another alleged miller.  Locke agreeing with Meesh is nothing new and is a null tell imo.  Then rojano who has been largely inactive comes and hops on the wagon without giving a reason.  I'm not a fan of the Thorum wagon either, but this Mynd wagon is so rapid and thinly reasoned that is smells really bad to me.  I was actually somewhat suspicious of Mynd and was thinking of switching my vote from Adella to him, but this bandwagon makes me really hesitant to do that as it makes me think he will flip innocent.  I don't understand why scum would be so obvious, but I also don't understand why townies would be so scummy.

So what is the real motivation behind this Myndwagon?  Big Game Hunting?  Saving a teammate?  Something else?

Edit: And again Pete asserts that Thorum is a "vouched innocent."  Pete, why are you so sure that Thorum is innocent when the person vouching for him is also claiming miller?

Wombat: So you didn't read my points AFTER the metagaming part?  The first paragraph of what I said about Mynd was metagaming.  The rest of it was "he doesn't make sense" which is true.  Am I the only one who was confused by Mynd's two possibly contradictory posts?

Also, seeing as it IS Day 1, it's not like we have SOOOOO much to go on like we should a little further on in the game.  The fact that his attacking Thorum has seemed pretty weak, and his last two posts seemed almost like grasping at straws to argue with Thorum, is enough for me, in combination with him not making sense.

Also, I forgot to mention it because I was too busy realizing that Mynd was confusing me with not making sense, and then I had to dash off to get ready for work, but I also am keeping an eye on Daruya.  Pete mentioned that and it reminded me, but so far she hasn't said anything really contradictory so I still feel Mynd is the better candidate.

Bah, I think I'm not going to post in this game for the rest of the night (RL), I've had a stressful day and I'm getting ridiculously emotional about this.

I don't see a contradiction.

Even on day 1 there is a lot to go on.  I really don't like it when people use the fact that it is day one to excuse weak arguments.

Sorry about the bad day.  Sending cheerful thoughts your way :-*

I am pretty certain of thorums innocence I could buy Dung and Sirius both having miller roles and knowing of each others roles, also Dung and Sirius are both players i expected to be in this game unless someone could come out and prove that amadine and thorum are lying I am going to belive they are who they say.

Guest dragonsworn1991

I really don't see where Talya and Meesh are coming from saying that Mynd isn't being aggressive enough.  Maybe it's because I was on the receiving end of some of his aggression, but I think he has been plenty aggressive.  This Myndwagon is very interesting.  First come Talya (although Talya hasn't actually voted Mynd yet) and Meesh with what is in my opinion very weak metagaming.  Then comes Amadine with what would normally be a very understandable vote except for the fact that she dissembles when explaining her reason for voting Mynd.  She says she agrees with Meesh but toally neglects to mention saving her alleged millermason teammate Thorum from lynch as a motivation for voting Mynd.  Then come Pete and Locke.  Pete's reason makes sense although I think it is odd that he is so sure that Thorum is innocent when he is being vouched for by another alleged miller.  Locke agreeing with Meesh is nothing new and is a null tell imo.  Then rojano who has been largely inactive comes and hops on the wagon without giving a reason.  I'm not a fan of the Thorum wagon either, but this Mynd wagon is so rapid and thinly reasoned that is smells really bad to me.  I was actually somewhat suspicious of Mynd and was thinking of switching my vote from Adella to him, but this bandwagon makes me really hesitant to do that as it makes me think he will flip innocent.  I don't understand why scum would be so obvious, but I also don't understand why townies would be so scummy.

So what is the real motivation behind this Myndwagon?  Big Game Hunting?  Saving a teammate?  Something else?

Edit: And again Pete asserts that Thorum is a "vouched innocent."  Pete, why are you so sure that Thorum is innocent when the person vouching for him is also claiming miller?

I would rather not lynch someone who is vouched for. Notice which you seem to already have my use of vouch instead of confirmed. I don't fully believe them, but since they are vouching for each other I think they are safe to keep around a little while.

Of course, on the other hand, Mynd does have a very good reputation for hunting down scum.  So it would make sense that mafia would try to lead a lynch on him and get rid of him early on.....

In the contrary the scum would try and steer clear of Mynd and nk him to be rid of him if they thought he possessed a threat. That way people avoid suspicion if they decide to nk him.

Reminder: Players are not allowed to communicate off thread unless the specified via PM from the Mods.  

Locke

i went back and checked my PM box.  it must have gotten lost in the shuffle, i'm sorry for the mix up :)  you did reposnd and i did repond back to you.

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Wolfie

Mynd (6): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Pete, Locke, rojano

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Rose(1): Crusher

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Aust(1): Nea

Aemon(1): Pookie

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

no vote (12): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Talya,Summer, Player, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

I would rather not lynch someone who is vouched for.

Fair enough.

Notice which you seem to already have my use of vouch instead of confirmed. I don't fully believe them, but since they are vouching for each other I think they are safe to keep around a little while.

Yes but the word "vouched" isn't a caveat so you called Thorum an innocent without caveat which to me implied that you were certain he was innocent.  If that is not what you meant, then this is just a semantic misunderstanding. :P

In the contrary the scum would try and steer clear of Mynd and nk him to be rid of him if they thought he possessed a threat. That way people avoid suspicion if they decide to nk him.

Why wouldn't the mafia lynch a threatening townie if they thought they could?  I haven't seen much of Mynd, but from what I've seen, he seems to garner a lot of attention and votes.  That would make him a good candidate for a lynch and a bad one for your strategy.  Lynching Mynd would free up the nk to be used on someone you think is a threat and who you cannot easily lynch.

Guest dragonsworn1991

I think we have just had a mild misunderstanding. Vouched was meant to be interpreted as, semi-confirmed but still bears watching.

True about the votes, but I am going to stick with my nk scenario, it sounds like something underhanded, mafia are all about flying beneath the radar, and a vote ballot will be analyzed once the alignment of the lynched comes back.

I am leaving my vote where it is for now...I feel like it is all a little too convenient.  "Let's say we are millers so that if viewed we will show as scum, we can talk about what is said on our QT between us because we are a team of millers and the rest of our scum buddies can try to steer suspicions away from us"  I'm sorry, that's how I feel about it.

Careful, Pete. I just got my fangs. I'm not afraid to bite. I don't really have a reason, other than he killed me.

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Wolfie

Mynd (7): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Pete, Locke, rojano, Player

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Rose(1): Crusher

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Aust(1): Nea

Aemon(1): Pookie

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

no vote (12): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Talya,Summer, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

Careful, Pete. I just got my fangs. I'm not afraid to bite. I don't really have a reason, other than he killed me.

What about how he's trying to kill you again? :P

Also, Pete, I wouldn't call Thorum "semi-confirmed" either.  All Amadine's claim does is link her alignment to Thorum's.  That makes it less likely that Thorum is scum imo, but it nowhere near confirms him.

What?! *finds an inner calm* Sorry, little bit of that wolf won't die.

Good point Wombat.

Pete, you really sink way too low. Picking on someone who hasn't played in a long time, and technically still a newbie. I've only played two games, and you know that. Way to act scummy. *scoffs*

So...going to mod a game. I think I'll be better at it then playing, lol.

This is Mafia Wolfie, you didn't expect an easy ride, did you? All's fair in Love and Mafia!

I understand what Pete is saying about Thorum. It would be one great play, if it turns out Thorum and Adella are on a mafia team. That would be one heck of a Gambit. But at the moment until there is more to go on, the most likely explaination is they are both millers. Doesn't mean I believe them 100%, I never do until that Coroners report is given. I am however leaning slighty towards that way, keeping that big Gambit in the back of my mind.

I mentioned Mynd because he was on the Thorum lynch. Wombat, trust me, I have seen Mynd play a lot more aggressive than this, in this game he is being quite mild for him. However I didn't vote for him, because I don't feel that is enough to go on at the moment.

I'm wondering why Wolfie is actually voting Thorum, just because he voted for her and killed her before. He had a chance at a one off kill and went for someone he thought was mafia, most of us would use that chance. I also don't like the 'I've only been in two games stop picking on me' that really sounded like someone trying to get a bit of sympathy. As I said above All's fair in love and Mafia. Being in your third game doesn't stop you being Mafia or any other roled person! So for that as a reason for Pete being Scummy, that is way to thin too!

There is still time, so I'm still going to hold my vote!

FYI MODS: I already did this but you missed it so: [glow=red,2,300]unvote  Mynd[/glow]

Wombat, i figured that my vouching for Thorum would be a given as to why i would not want to lynch him. I am suspicious of Mynd - i have been since he first attacked you, but i got side-tracked by the attack on Thorum.

Thorum and Amadine*

Geeze Tal, still getting us mixed up?! ;)

*snickers* LOL Delz we are never gonne get past that me thinks LOL

Archived