DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Well for those of you who insist on thinking I had some sinister motive behind my honest confusion with Mynd's posts...

You probably don't like goats, but I do.

Meesh, two things.  

1) You are allowed to edit your posts in this game.

2) This is the most self-incriminating post I have ever seen you or anyone make in the history of mafia.  I'm sorry, squirrely, I loves ya, but damn girl....no one is accusing you of this but your own guilty conscience.  

I was on my phone, I don't think ANYONE can edit their posts from their phone.

Also, fine.  I think I've already burned myself out on mafia again, no more sign-ups from me anytime soon because my honest reaction to point #2 is to just say this:

"Whatever.  Go ahead and lynch me (even though I'm not up for a lynch right at this point, and it would be nice if I am not at any point).  I don't really care anyway."

But that's overemotional defeatist attitude, and I'm trying to fight that. So.

I said that (the post you just quoted) because it's annoying that some people (namely Talya's comment) still think that I probably had some ulterior motive in voting you, when in reality I honestly thought you were being scummy.  Never let it be said that my powers of observation are all that great.  Maybe my powers of comprehension are lacking as well.  Either way, reading your last couple of posts before you were frozen, I thought I was seeing a pathetically weak attempt to keep on accusing Thorum, instead of you backing off, which is what you say you really were doing.  That's why I voted you, and since I was so confused and convinced, I tried to point it out to other people.

I didn't ask for a whole bunch of people to jump on after me, though I wasn't opposed to it, either, I won't lie.

But anyway.  It's irritating that people still think I was just making up stupid excuses just to vote you, so I decided: "Hey. Might as well just drop character hints, since my role has to stay in the dark."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I whole-heartily agree with Aust. Wombat made such a big deal about questioning the Myndwagon, but then jumps on anyway.  He takes it upon himself to say "If Mynd flips innocent, I will look closely at everyone who voted for him."  This is a classic Mafia move to be the lone innocent voting on a bandwagon.  I'm still also suspicious of Wombat and Adella being in cohoots.  Adella, what are your thoughts on Wombat's scummy post?

Meesh, you will have to forgive me about not getting your goat right away.  Still, you gotta admit that your post was otherwise quite incriminating.  I do see now what you are getting at, and apparently, Som1Else does too.  You also probably just made yourself a huge night kill target. 

Let's hear from some more peeps!

those hints about your role were kind of obscure meesh I dont think rowling ever put that your character (aberforth) had a thing for goats in the books that was at press confrence or somthing.

That's not true from my reading. Esp in book 7.

Meesh, you will have to forgive me about not getting your goat right away.  Still, you gotta admit that your post was otherwise quite incriminating.  I do see now what you are getting at, and apparently, Som1Else does too.  You also probably just made yourself a huge night kill target. 

It wasn't TOO huge of a surprise that you didn't get the hint, Aberforth isn't exactly the main character in the books.  If I was on the lynching block I'd have actually said my character name outright.  I purposely didn't say it now, because it wasn't necessary and hinting is better than revealing in this case, but I guess other people decided they'd take it upon themselves to name my character for me.

Thanks so much, people. [/sarcasm]

But what's done is done.

As to the incriminating part...I can kinda see it.  I might be just biased, but it didn't really seem as dramatically self-incriminating to me as you think it is.  Maybe I'm losing it. :D

Mynd, I post when I'm able so the fact that I posted just after you were frozen is definitely coincidence.  Heck, I'd never even heard of that particular move before!  

I've seen some thought-provoking posts here that I need to digest a bit, especially now that my head feels better and I can concentrate for more than a minute or two.

Mynd, I post when I'm able so the fact that I posted just after you were frozen is definitely coincidence.  Heck, I'd never even heard of that particular move before!  

I've seen some thought-provoking posts here that I need to digest a bit, especially now that my head feels better and I can concentrate for more than a minute or two.

Wow, Daruya, all I said was that you were the first to post after I was frozen.  Do I detect a guilty conscience here? Interesting...

Note to self, get home after dinner in about 30 min and reply to Mynds question. DON'T LET ME FORGET. I never like to ignore this stuff but I have an epic ability to forget pretty much anything.

Wow, Daruya, all I said was that you were the first to post after I was frozen.  Do I detect a guilty conscience here? Interesting...

::)

You're grasping at straws, Mynd, but whatever.  ;)  I typically post in response to seeing my name mentioned (e.g., my post to Pete about him targeting me solely based on my position in the list).

I need to chase my kids to bed so I'll probably not be on again till tomorrow.

I think it's ridiculous people think I've been scummy. First off, my initial vote on Rojano was pure day one randomness. My change of vote to Thorum was precisely because he was pinging EVERYONE's radar by acting scummy. Then when he claimed miller I changed my vote, like many other people, to Mynd. Half of you are bandwagoning me precisely because there's some vague claim I'm being scummy based off my changes in vote. If I were REALLY scum and knew precisely who was innocent and who wasn't, I wouldn't bother changing votes. I'd just stick with whoever I KNEW was innocent anyway. I'm changing votes because it's day one, and I haven't a clue who's actually scum and who's not.

Well I'm not scum. I'm VERY pro town, thank you. Feel free to check that up.

I'm withholding my vote for now, JUST IN CASE people think I'm too easy with my votes. *shrugs*

Guest dragonsworn1991

Make sure you tell her to hold the poison.  But seriously, why are you bringing up an attempt on Dumbledore's life?  Or are you just hinting at Slughorn, a charismatic character who recruits special individuals into his elite cult club?

Seriously?  So what you are saying is, Slughorn is the only person in London, Hogsmeade or Hogwarts that enjoys Madame Rosmerta's oak matured mead?  Seriously, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! 

Still, I find it odd that your first thought went to Slughorn and his Slug Club with the mere mention of Madame Rosemerta's fabulous mead.  Whatever.  ::)  I'll just wait for the trolley.   ;D  And I'll be keeping an eye on you, too.

As for you, Pete, I'm curious about this fascination you have with the #11 position.  Have you established a trend for that spot?  If so, I'm guessing Red knows about it and mixed things up just to throw you off.  She's evil that way. ;D  Still, I'm going to hold off and won't throw out an OMGUS vote . . . at least, not yet. 

Or maybe she would have figured I would of come to that conclusion and did it anyway.

That was a little over reactive to just some spammy, thing I do every game. You have officially pinged my radar, and I am happy with my vote now.  ;)

actually dar number 11 is where I place a vote every game. Your over reaction to it and you continuing to bring it up is making me think you have something to hide. You are getting really deffensive and that is looking really scummy to me. The above is a quote from when your over deffensiveness started and it is continuing. If my number 11 thing is off that's one thing, you won't collect to many votes besides my own if that is the case. Yet if you act scummy after my initial vote then people will start suspecting you.

Also how am I scummy for doing something in this game that I always do?

[glow=red,2,300]daruya[/glow]

actually the press conferance was related to DD sexual preferance *rolls eyes*

but yeah Aberforth and his goat preferance was hinted at in OoTP and confirmed near the end of tDH

Deadline

Wed, June 2nd @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Boopsy(5): Aemon, Thorum, Nyn, Tayla, Jeran

Thorum (1): Taei

Daruya(1): Pete

no vote (34): Meesh, Amadine, Wombat, Bela, Elli, Mottlee, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Mynd, Daruya, Lia, Boopsy, Nae, Adella, Tigs, Summer, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Rose, rojano, Crusher, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

What's so defensive about asking questions?  When I questioned your "#11" vote, Pete, I did so teasingly because your propensity for voting that position was something I'd seen before, though I'd never been the target of it before.  If you see that as defensive . . . *shrugs*  ::)

so wft?!

That was not at all what i was expecting... This whole day one thing is freaky. I just have a quick question for anyone. I have played as cult once and the day 1 ability was a recruit during the day, so if there is a cult did they just get two recruits or what?

Now, Amadine's post & vote.....  

Meesh, from what i can see you make sense. Mynd has not come out firing in this game and that is making me uncomfortable so, [glow=red,2,300]unvote   Mynd[/glow]

She votes me, but let's be honest, it was less about how guilty I looked and more about getting votes off her teammate Thorum.  I'll give her that, but now that the dust has settled, you should admit to it.  I will buy that a lot better than you actually agreeing with what Meesh said.

That is exactly what i was trying to do. I did think it was odd that you were quiet but a complete freeze on posting never crossed my mind.

Tigs!! Good Lord girl you are having a b*itch of a week or so!!!! Feel better honey.

Archived