DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the mods shoud poke summer and locke

Not that it would of made much a difference.  It's been my lack of time on DM, not my lack of attention to this game that's caused this absence. ;)

Speaking of which, I've spent practically every moment on DM reading through these like 25 pages of posts.  Wow. :D

She has to know that if he flips scum, she is doomed. This is what gives me pause.

My thoughts exactly.  Basically, if it's a mafia ploy, they have to be pretty much 100% sure people will buy it.  Since this is obviously not the case, either they're innocent or made a huge misjudgment.

On the other hand, a lynch of Thorum would provide confirmation of either way and the reality to this mess at what appears to be a small loss.  

So, with nowhere else to go: [glow=red,2,300]Thorum.[/glow]  (And I figure it probably won't matter much considering we don't need majority vote)

Mayhaps we have already. :P

Of course, I happen to know you have not. :P

Okay, there, woofda!  

(Oh, and a note about my activity: I should be here consistently tomorrow up through Monday, but I have a school field trip starting Tuesday and probably won't get a chance to post again until Saturday, maybe Sunday)

Oh, I know we haven't. ;D :D

We pre-game poked people. :P

Nice to see you. *cough*Finally*cough*

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(10): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Locke

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Aust(1): Nea

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

Mynd(2): Dah'mir, Som1

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya,Summer, Player, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

(Oh, and a note about my activity: I should be here consistently tomorrow up through Monday, but I have a school field trip starting Tuesday and probably won't get a chance to post again until Saturday, maybe Sunday)

noted about your brief LOA. 

did you get yer Role PM, cause none of us recieved a reply back confirming that you got it.  i was actually surprised to see you hadn't responded to tell you honestly.

Krak, Wolfie died and then came back to replace the inactive Jessibelle, she has a new role.

I just want to say that i certainly would not expect a Healer to protect me tonight, if i were the Healer i would not protect a miller when there are far more important roles in the game.

Again i will say outright - myself and Thorum are Millers - innocents that view guilty. Though, if i didn't KNOW that i would be voting for Thorum too.

I'm going to be out of pocket most of today after all.  My youngest goes to Sylvan for 2 hours (10-12) then he has a b-day party for a classmate from 1-4 out at the beach.

On top of that, his betta died this morning . . . so we're dealing with the repercussions from that, as well.

Well, my main issue with believing this claim has just been Thorum.  But I think it won't hurt to give them a chance, it's not too far-fetched of a claim and if later in the game we can't find scum at all, then we can try lynching them.

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Myndrunner[/glow]

Downright suspicious and odd as Thorum's behavior has been, I'm actually kind of worried about Mynd, too.  He doesn't strike me as sincere, and I agree with what (I think) Talya said, that he's really not as attack-dog vicious about his accusations as he usually is when he thinks he's onto something.  And even when he's not sure he's onto something, he pursues it until there's no real reason to do that anymore.

Heavy metagaming there, but so far his main accusations have been pretty weak, and his main thing was Thorum.  After Thorum claimed miller and Amadine supported his claim (and so far no one's counter-claimed Sirius Black, and I'm pretty sure he's in this game, with 40 roles prepared for it it would be a safe bet to make), what we've heard from Mynd is "well, your claim kind of makes sense, but Thorum killed Wolfie (who was very likely innocent!), and now he's voting for her AGAIN, plus I have a bad feeling about taking my vote away from Thorum, so I have this dilemma here."

Post quoted here, so you guys can see what you think without having to rely on my paraphrasing or else go look for it yourself:

Ok, here is my dilemma after reading pages and pages of pablum.  Thorum claims his miller role with no threat of being lynched, after already acting out of character.   Amadine supports his claim and reveals as Sirus Black, also some kind of miller character who can confirm Thorum's alignment.  

Thorum killed Wolfie, who was very likely an innocent, and now he is voting Wolfie again.  

I am probably not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but I have seen the films and I would find a hard time arguing that Sirus Black would be town aligned.  The miller claim also fits the Sirus claim.  It makes sense and Amadine backs up Thorum's claim.    

So why do I have a really bad feeling about unvoting Thorum right now?  

And would the Mod and Ass Mods allow Wolfie to replace a vanilla townie inactive, or a juicy mafia inactive?  Odds are, Wolfie has a role worth placing an active in.  Agreed?

Okay, and then since then all we've heard from Mynd is about the Wolfie thing--I'm trying to make sense of his post, because I'm not entirely sure right now if he was trying to say Wolfie's probably scum this time around, or if he's trying to say she probably has a power role this time around (which, for the record, people, I'm pretty sure the MOD said EVERYONE would have a role, and I believe she meant power by that, not character).  If he's trying to say she's scum, then him arguing with Thorum over that doesn't make sense, because Thorum said he was voting Wolfie because she's probably scum this time around and that's why Jessi was replaced.

Part of the first quote I put in here, the very last thing Mynd said, which is what has me confused..

And would the Mod and Ass Mods allow Wolfie to replace a vanilla townie inactive, or a juicy mafia inactive?  Odds are, Wolfie has a role worth placing an active in.  Agreed?

I think the reason Wolfie WAS likely innocent is because she was Cedric Diggory.  In fact, I'd say it is guaranteed Wolfie WAS innocent.  

Now?  Who knows.

Which you didn't know before he died. the first time.

Why in hell would a healer risk protecting a miller over themselves? They need to stay in the game in case it's discovered who the finder is.

That's the first time ever I hear someone suggesting a healer to play the game like that. I don't agree. The healer is there to protect important roles and confirmed innocents. For no other reason.

I was going to ask (but forgot in my last post - I can't ever edit in mafia even if allowed  ;))

I only remember 1 person dieing (Wolfie) , but the last vote count says there are 39 alive and Koujin is crossed out in the non-voting list.  However, Koujin is still active in the OP.

Did I miss something, or is there an error?

The 16 in the 'no vote' list don't include Koujin, so he's probably modkilled or something. Which made me ask the question: why replace Jessi and not Koujin? Mafia is the most logical explanation here. I'ld even say a 50% chance (instead of 25% normally - maybe higher because it's a big game).

Hey Thorum....read this!

I think the reason Wolfie WAS likely innocent is because she was Cedric Diggory.  In fact, I'd say it is guaranteed Wolfie WAS innocent.  

Wolfie is back in the game with a new role.  What are the odds that it is another innocent role, or woudl the Mods and Ass Mods likely want her to fill the shoes of a more necessary role?  Now, do you understand?  Did you or did you not have a hand in whacking Wolfie the first time?  

If that doesn't make sense, then perhaps you should further explain why you are now trying to eliminate Wolfie from the game.....again?

Well shoot, I gotta get going, I wasn't actually expecting this to turn into minor casing... :D  Basically, folks, my point is, Myndrunner doesn't really make sense to me, and he almost seems to contradict himself or be arguing for the sake of arguing, not for being helpful, so I think he's almost a better bet than Thorum, even though Thorum himself is making it really difficult to believe his miller claim.

(also, I'm kinda surprised Mynd hasn't started dropping hints about his character; maybe he has and I didn't notice or maybe it's a Day 2 thing... :P)

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and I am going to vote [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow] even though from the posts that Dar has made I am more inclined to

believe her scum.

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(10): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Locke

Mynd(4): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Pete

Daruya(1): Pete

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya,Summer, Player, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

noted about your brief LOA. 

did you get yer Role PM, cause none of us recieved a reply back confirming that you got it.  i was actually surprised to see you hadn't responded to tell you honestly.

That's strange, because I DID reply to the PM and even got a message back from you saying you got it......

I guess I'll just send it again then anyway.

Anyway, back to game.  [glow=red,2,300]Unvote.[/glow]  [glow=red,2,300]Vote Mynd[/glow]

You have some valid points there Meesh.  I agree that he'd be a better bet than Thorum, who's claims with Amadine seemed to be honest.

I'll be curious to see Mynd's reaction though.

Just want to mention a couple of things here. First, Pete is still listed as having a vote on Daruya AND Mynd. Thought I should bring that up just in case.

Second, Pete jumping of Daruya, who he feels is more likely to be scum than Mynd, to vote for Mynd doesn't sit well with me. There were only three votes on Mynd at the time and we still have until Monday to make a decision. What are you playing at here, Pete?

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(10): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs, Locke

Mynd(4): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Pete

Guest dragonsworn1991

Just want to mention a couple of things here. First, Pete is still listed as having a vote on Daruya AND Mynd. Thought I should bring that up just in case.

Second, Pete jumping of Daruya, who he feels is more likely to be scum than Mynd, to vote for Mynd doesn't sit well with me. There were only three votes on Mynd at the time and we still have until Monday to make a decision. What are you playing at here, Pete?

i am playing a game I would like to call mafia. I was only one vote on daruya and I didn't want someone who is a vouched for innocent to hang on day one. Mynd is an unknown.

I switched votes to him because he had the most votes other then thorum. We need to consolidate a lynch and in a game this massive that's going to be hardyo do with the deadline approaching and not everyone is on during the weekend

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs

Mynd (6): Dah'mir, Som1, Meesh, Pete, Locke, rojano

Rose(1): Crusher

Archived