DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

The healer is there to protect important roles and confirmed innocents. For no other reason.

That's why I can't get behind this reveal idea.
Like I said: I can get that.

And we should stop discussing who the healer should heal. That's very helpful to the mafia.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get your logic so I'm not complaining about your maths.

However, we've only seen 1 player who has been replaced - Jessibell - so how can we apply your logic about replacing 2 players at this time?  After all aren't there still two (or so) players highlighted in red who have not confirmed and won't be punished until night? 

Since we know nothing about Koujin I am inclined to think his name cross out may be game related and not due to inactivity. 

Why did you quote me saying the healer should protect confirmed innocents? I never said that. I quoted you saying that. You obviously didn't read anything I said, because I just explained why a healer SHOULD NOT protect a confirmed innocent, who is not important, so early in the game.

Please don't misquote me again. It pisses me off.

Good grief!  I miss one day and come back to 21 pages.  I've skimmed over most of the posts but need to do a more detailed read, as soon as I have a chance, so I can take some notes. 

BTW, more than one character likes O.M.M.  If you remember correctly, DD poured some for Harry and the Dursleys (though they didn't drink theirs) - in Book 6, I believe.  And, no, I'm not DD either!  Nothing I have said in any post in this thread was a hidden reveal of any sort, either for role or character.  I guess I just tend to be too chatty in these games; obviously, it's a trait I need to work on.  ::)  I also haven't had a chance yet to go and read that link I'd asked for in the OP, regarding roles and such.  Hopefully, the link will also define WIFOM for me, since I have't a clue what that means!

BTW, in the last HP mafia game that I played (which was awesome, BTW, even though I did not survive), I was Snape.  Although I was an innocent, if I was viewed by the finder, I appeared to be scum.  I was also roled as a lover, IIRC, linked to Narcissa, who actually WAS scum.  But if one of us got lynched or killed so did the other.  I'm guessing the twists in this game will be even more convoluted!  After all, Red did indicate that it would.

I think I can safely vouch that neither our main mod Red, or even our Ass Mod Ed (geesh you guys sound like the Wonder Twins), would be so clumsy as to selectively replace roles. I think it would be better to focus our attention on what evidence we have at hand, not some meta-extrapolations of how our mods' minds work.

I am of a similar position with Alanna, where I can see how this revealing business could just be a big blunder and things are getting worse as you try to get yourself out of this mess - but it all sounds much too suspicious for me right now.

we try to find Replacements when we can, but if no replacements can be found, perventive measures are already in place to ensure the game still runs smoothly.   Koujiin is a PAFO

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 39 alive, 20 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(8 ): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Wolfie(1): Thorum

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Aust(1): Nea

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

Mynd(1): Dah'mir

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Locke, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

I also haven't had a chance yet to go and read that link I'd asked for in the OP, regarding roles and such.  Hopefully, the link will also define WIFOM for me, since I have't a clue what that means!

go to this link and scroll to the bottom.  it has a good list of defs for mafia sayings like WIFOM and others that are used commonly in all DM mafia games.  

it also has some of the more popular roles.   the other link has a bunch of other ones, but i will reveal the mechanics of this game after its finished.  so to find out exactly which roles are in play, you'll have to wait until then *grin*

I'm guessing the twists in this game will be even more convoluted!  After all, Red did indicate that it would.

PAFO ;)

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Locke, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

I think the reason Wolfie WAS likely innocent is because she was Cedric Diggory.  In fact, I'd say it is guaranteed Wolfie WAS innocent. 

Now?  Who knows.

Which you didn't know before he died. the first time.

Why in hell would a healer risk protecting a miller over themselves? They need to stay in the game in case it's discovered who the finder is.

That's the first time ever I hear someone suggesting a healer to play the game like that. I don't agree. The healer is there to protect important roles and confirmed innocents. For no other reason.

I was going to ask (but forgot in my last post - I can't ever edit in mafia even if allowed  ;))

I only remember 1 person dieing (Wolfie) , but the last vote count says there are 39 alive and Koujin is crossed out in the non-voting list.  However, Koujin is still active in the OP.

Did I miss something, or is there an error?

The 16 in the 'no vote' list don't include Koujin, so he's probably modkilled or something. Which made me ask the question: why replace Jessi and not Koujin? Mafia is the most logical explanation here. I'ld even say a 50% chance (instead of 25% normally - maybe higher because it's a big game).

Unless there is something more to Ama than has already been said she'd be nothing but a confirmed innocent and the healer is far more important than a plain miller.

I have to agree, The healer's role is to save important roles (finder roles mostly, but can include others), they have to keep themselves alive to be able to do that further down the line though! When you get near end game, then it can become a lot more important to save innocent roless townies!

Despite Thorum's play I believe he may well be telling the truth. I don't agree with him revealing, but I've said that already!

There's a good chance there are likely to be Mafia on Thorum's votes there.

Mynd's not being his usually obscure self, I'm gutted. In fact he's being quite mild for him. I know he went after Thorum, but I've seen him play a lot more fiercely than that!

There's a good chance there are likely to be Mafia on Thorum's votes there.

Nothing against you Talya love... but this cracks me up when people constantly say this.  NO KIDDING!  There are likely mafia NOT on the vote too. ::)  That's like announcing we are playing a Harry Potter themed mafia game.

Welcome back, Wolfie!!!

No hard feelings, I hope?

Btw, there's  still a lot of votes on me. Either you believe our claim or you don't. If you do, take your vote away. Just a free suggestion of mine ;D

Is that fear I'm sensing?

That's like announcing we are playing a Harry Potter themed mafia game.

We're playing a Harry Potter themed mafia game? :o

Just popping in real quick to see how many pages were added since my last post. I'm on my way out the door here shortly and won't be able to post again till later tonight.

Thanks for the link, Red.  That was helpful!  I'll check the link(s) in the OP later. 

I don't like any of this...just so you all know.  Thorum reveals the best possible claim for a scum to make and Amadine confirms him which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  (sorry Ama) Then Thorum goes all self sacrificing and votes himself.  I have done this in a game where I was innocent because I was frustrated and it pretty much caused us to lose the game.  I think it is a ploy to make people think, "Oh poor Thorum, he must be telling the truth if he's gonna vote himself to get away from the aggrivation." 

Here's what I think about it:  I know that if Thorum flips innocent then I will be targeted heavily and I'll deal with that when it comes.  Innocent or not, someone that will vote themselves is of no use to the town in my opinion.  If we have to lose an innocent, who better to lose than someone that bails when it gets aggrivating  *shrugs*  [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]

I don't like any of this...just so you all know.  Thorum reveals the best possible claim for a scum to make and Amadine confirms him which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  (sorry Ama) Then Thorum goes all self sacrificing and votes himself.  I have done this in a game where I was innocent because I was frustrated and it pretty much caused us to lose the game.  I think it is a ploy to make people think, "Oh poor Thorum, he must be telling the truth if he's gonna vote himself to get away from the aggrivation." 

Here's what I think about it:  I know that if Thorum flips innocent then I will be targeted heavily and I'll deal with that when it comes.  Innocent or not, someone that will vote themselves is of no use to the town in my opinion.  If we have to lose an innocent, who better to lose than someone that bails when it gets aggrivating  *shrugs*  Thorum

Here's what I think. I'm going to take this one bolded section at a time. Please bear with me. First of all, it DOES mean something that she confirmed him. If he flips innocent, we have to presume that she is innocent as well. The opposite also applies. She has to know that if he flips scum, she is doomed. This is what gives me pause. We still have until Monday to vote.

Secondly, it is much too early in a 41 player game to think that he is going to cause us to lose. Day 1 almost always ends in the lynch of an innocent. Just because he is frustrated now does not mean he would not be valuable later in the game (if innocent).

Finally, this just looks like you're trying to avoid the repurcussions if he flips innocent. This post is really making me take a harder look at you, Tigs.

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(10): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Som1, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya,Summer, Player, Locke, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

I find myself beliving amadine's sirius claim, it would make sense for sirius and dung to have contact in the game as they are both in the order. Mynd however is pinging my radar, although it will most likely mke little diffrence in the outcome of todays lynch i am going to [glow=red,2,300]unvote Thorum [/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]vote Mynd[/glow]

I meant that it doesn't mean anything in terms of a lynch aemon.  It helps us none at the moment because we won't know if he flips scum or innocent until he's dead.

I didn't say that he would or would not cause us to lose, I was referring to losing him...READ my posts instead of just skimming them.  Finally, yes, him getting aggrivated right now does somewhat determine how he will be later on.  If he doesn't get lynched and then his number comes up again, you are crazy to think his reaction won't be exactly the same. 

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(9): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Rose, Aust, Charis, Alanna, Thorum, Tigs

Mynd(2): Dah'mir, Som1

no vote (14): Bela, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Wolfie, Talya,Summer, Player, Locke, Blig Blog, Danya, Taei, Krak, Boopsy, Koujin

Archived