DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Five persons have more than 1 vote on them. Lets watch them:

Thorum

I've proclaimed I'm a miller. And want to consolidate the votes. Which Mynd thinks scummy (both of those, I think)

Rose

She only made two posts:

And I never trust Mynd, but if I vote for him, he will hurt my feelings by going after me.

Which makes sense.

Even though the mods have promised to severely punish anyone who makes me cry.

Is this a hidden role reveal?

And I promised my mom I wouldn't make anyone in my time zone cry (it is a standing promise)' date=' so I will vote for.....[glow=red,2,300']Pete[/glow]

I would have voted for Crusher, but he's just a big teddy bear and I don't believe in revenge voting.

Are those the only two people not in your time zone?

Her second post was asking about the first question

Boopsy

I'm guessing this is Talmanes, as per the order in which we inscribed?

Talmanes didn't post yet, however

Dah'mir

About 5 posts. 3 of them interesting:

His first two posts, he expresses being disappointed in being voted for.

Then he votes Mynd because Wombat and me are 'very talkative'. Which Mynd ain't???

Pankhuri

He has made one, very informative, post:

[glow=red,2,300]Amadine[/glow]

My suggestion would be going after Pankhuri, Dah'mir or Boopsy. But draw your own conclusions  :-*

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorum says this....

I believe we should start consolidating our votes. We need a lot of votes on 1 person, not a lot of persons with 1 vote. Panhuri was the first in the random.org list of those with only 1 vote currently.

...and then he says this!

Because I want a lynch many people agree on. Not a random lynch, nor a no-lynch

So, he doesn't want a random lynch and yet his reason for voting Panhuri was random, other than the fact that he didn't include those with 2 or more votes.  Aside from the fact that the Mod and Ass Mods said that if we don't reach a majority, then the one with the most votes is lynched, Thorum's push to consolidate our votes is purposely diverting us from those with 2 votes on them already.  Could he be mafia and one or more of his buddies be among those with 2 or more votes on them at the time?

We have to START consolidating. We don't have to be consolidated just yet.

If everyone would start doing that: wonderful.

Also, had I voted someone with already 2 votes, it would seem as if I was picking him/her out.

How does this differ from picking out someone with only 1 vote?  Why not vote someone with no votes?  No matter how you cut it, voting anyone is picking them out, regardless of how many votes they have.  Why so paranoid about how your voting looks if you have a clean conscience about it? 

...and finally this!

You probably got me, however. I'm in a mafia team with Pete, Rose, Boopsy and Dah'mir. Maybe if I were, I WOULD have voted one of them. DOn't think so however ;D

I smell a gambit!  Thorum is acting paranoid and erratic, even by my standards.  He then names four other players as being on a mafia team with him, albiet sarcastically.  Suppose we do lynch Thorum and he flips mafia.  What then?  Do we begin to WIFOM the four names he mentioned? 

And now he marathon posts to avoid his earlier ones....but that's why I love to quote!  ;)

Reasons to lynch Thorum

His behavior is quite irregular for him

He continues to contradict himself

He is trying to distract us from other players

We cannot prove that he is a miller until he is dead

Reasons not to lynch Thorum

Any?

Can anyone come up with a reason not to lynch Thorum right now?  At worst, we prove his claim to be true and can use that information to help us.  At best, we snag a lying liar who lies on Day 1.  Thoughts? 

Five persons have more than 1 vote on them. Lets watch them:

(spam spam spam...)

My suggestion would be going after Pankhuri, Dah'mir or Boopsy. But draw your own conclusions  :-*

Why not Rose?  Why not you?  And, Pankhuri is only there because Thorum randomly voted for him!

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 41 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(4): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal, Wolfie

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Pankhuri(2): Jeran, Thorum

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Rojano(1): Boopsy

Aust(1): Nea

Pete(1): Rose

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Verbal(1): Som1

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

Mynd(1): Dah'mir

Wolfie(1): Krak

no vote (17): Bela, Aust, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

How do you prove my claim to be true? That's three persons claiming you want to lynch me to know if I'm a miller. HOW WILL YOU KNOW???

I'm a miller, and I have another role. Which may or may not become important later in the game.

Have you even read my post Mynd?

I posted a lot because I had a boring day at work.

And Thorum, I think the info people are referring too is your character name.  With knowledge of the series, one could infer alignment from character.  There are definitely some characters whose alignments are questionable, but most of them are rather straightforward.  Right now I can think of two characters who would fit your miller claim.

Thorum, I believe the Mod said that your Character will be revealled on death..I'll have to check that. I think that should give us a good chance of working things out.

Sounds like Tigs is crying a lot, not moaning as well....?

As the train runs along the track to Hogsmead Trainstation an un-natural cold falls upon all of you; Darkness not associated with the sunset falls on the Hogwarts Express and slowly the train come to a hault.  A nervous chatter breaks out in the cabins, people begin to glance nervously around and bring their cloaks closer to their bodies in a vain attempt to bring warmth.

An omnious feeling of dread begins to spread through everyone, a feeling as if everythign good has been sucked from the train leaving people to wallow in their sad miserys.  The lights begin to flicker, fighting a losing battle; as they flicker out the cold and claminess presses on everyone rooting them to the spot.  

Suddenly, a scream issues from the train and the lights flicker back on; cautiously people begin to come out of their cabins to inspect what might have caused the disturbance and scream.  Whispers of a Dementor attack fly around the train as it begins to move along the tracks once more.

"Over here!!" a choked voice filled with anguish yells from near the back of the train.  Sitting in the middle of the isle is Cedric Diggory, he has a vacant expression on his face and is stiaring into space and drooling; he's unresponsive to anyone, though hs heart still beats, and the light is gone from his eyes.

Wolfie; Cedric Diggory as been killed.

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 40 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(3): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Pankhuri(2): Jeran, Thorum

Boopsy(1): Nyn

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Rojano(1): Boopsy

Aust(1): Nea

Pete(1): Rose

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Verbal(1): Som1

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

Mynd(1): Dah'mir

no vote (18): Bela, Aust, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei, Krak

** Names in Red have not checked in and are subject to being punished by the mods come Night

It's good to see Mynd poking people and the reactions he gets. As far as Thorum goes, the only way to know is to lynch him. He is acting very differently from his last game, which also raises my suspicions of him. As Mynd already stated, if he flips scum, we have other people we could look at.

That being said, I am going to hold off on voting right now. We still have plenty of time before the deadline to come to a conclusion and someone may appear scummier to me by then.

Can't quote people right now because I'm on my phone at work, but...

As to how we can find out about Thorum, with a game this large, and so many roles, I'd imagine there's a lie-detector role somewhere. All they'd have to do is ask the mod if Thorum was lying about being a miller.

So there are still 18 players without a vote, 5 of whom haven't checked in.  Good thing day one lasts so long.  Still, I would like to see a lot more activity.  Not least because I'm really bored right now :P

Hey Red, just reread on my phone. Can you PM the link to the QT? I can ead up there. I got a new phone, so all my favs are gone.

The internets should be up at home. I am at an Explorer's function.

I'm an ass mod. ;D :D

I like "Ass Mod" heehee.  ;D

Wolfie! That was a shock.  :o It looks like this game will have as many surprising twists (or more) than Talya's!

Ok, I'm following the dialogue. Thorum has thrown himself to the top of my scum list. But if he is Miller than I guess he loses either way. I'm fine with a lynch on Thorum for Day 1 since no one else's claims have pinged so strongly. But, I'm still waiting. I want to vote once and not have to change. So I'll see how the day plays out. Totally forgot the deadline, though. 5 RL days is til... Sunday? 

Wolfie dies just after voting Thorum? Hmmm...

Those of you familiar with my Heroes game, I have one word to say.....KNOX!

Those of you unfamiliar, let me explain.  No wait, let me sum up.  There is such a character called the Executioner where once he earns a certain number of votes, he gets an instant kill.  Sometimes its half the necessary votes for a majority, sometimes its every 4 or 5 votes, and sometimes its every vote. 

I think that's what we have here with Mr Thorum.  Why would a skilled mafia player act a fool and try to get lynched?  Only when he wants votes! 

Well before Mynd came out with that I was thinking Thorum was a jester and we had a lurking SK on the loose.  That could still be the case.  If Thorum is this executioner and he is scum (town executioner actually sounds like my favorite role ever), then what do we do about him?  Leave him around and hope we have a vig?  Somehow I don't think the mafia is going to take Thorum out for us.

Archived