DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and move my vote to [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow].

He's pinging my scumdar pretty hard at the moment, more than anyone else, which is actually unusual, I don't usually notice Thorum too much.

He's offered a couple of tentatively helpful comments, but most of everything he's posted has really just been..weird.  *shrugs*

I dunno.

We still have tons of time so I'm not pushing for a lynch on Thorum or saying this is where I'm keeping my vote, but my vote on Pete was from Random.org and I haven't seen any reason to keep it there, so I might as well start getting down to business. :D

**edit new**

Miller?  That seems like a cheap attempt to keep from being viewed by the finder, or to explain away any possible day-finder results.  To your "mafia knows who's guilty and who's innocent" remark (which reminded me of Mynd in the last game), there are probably more than one mafia team, maybe even a cult, in a game this size, that statement doesn't really apply.

With that claim, though, I actually could go either way with you now, but for now I'll keep my vote where it is, 2 votes shouldn't be any danger for you. :P

A miller claim.  Interesting.  If you had made it any later I don't think I would have considered believing it.  As of now I'm suspicious, but I see how it could fit in.  Also, I wasn't suggesting you were a mafia team with those four, I was sort of dismissing it.  It's still a possibility, but I really don't see us being that lucky.  Anyway, I gotta go do an errand for work.  Peace.

Edit for new:  The first 80% or so of Meesh's post just pinged my radar hardcore, but the last sentence mitigated it somewhat.  Then again, maybe that was the purpose of that last sentence.

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 41 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(2): Mynd, Meesh

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Boopsy(2): Wolfie, Nyn

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Pankhuri(2): Jeran, Thorum

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Rojano(1): Boopsy

Aust(1): Nea

Pete(1): Rose

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Verbal(1): Som1

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

Mynd(1): Dah'mir

no vote (19): Bela, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Verbal, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

Miller, huh?  Obviously needed to get that out there early, or we never would have believed you.  Problem with Millers is....you just don't know if it's mafia hiding behind it, and they usually just get lynched anyway.  And this post:

You probably got me, however. I'm in a mafia team with Pete, Rose, Boopsy and Dah'mir. Maybe if I were, I WOULD have voted one of them. DOn't think so however ;D

....is just creating a WIFOM (like Wombat said).  On purpose.  [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow]

Just read on my break and now a quick post before going to a meeting (Yay meetings!)

What sticks out in my mind is the Thorum discussion...

Thorum's picking someone with 1 vote and giving them a second vote seems very reasonable to me since I think I might have done exactly that.  Plus as sure as (stuff) if he had given someone a third vote there would have been cries of Bandwagon!

Unlike Meesh I, for once, am not finding Thorum suspicious.  Her post about Thorum makes me slightly suspicious of her.

Damn, it's now meeting time.  :P

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(3): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal

no vote (18): Bela, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

Nice one.

I have a question: would a mafia declare miller this early on day 1, with only 1 vote on him?

The way I read the meaning of WIFOM on the mafiascum wiki, it's what I always do: responding to stupid suggestions with even more stupid questions. That's probably why I get lynched so early always. :(

Yay, I'm pinging TWO people's radars now! :D

And all that just because I found Thorum to be scummy for the first time in the 3 games I've played with him... :D

Which was actually typed before Thorum's miller-claim post, and left there because A) I have a terrible lazy streak and didn't feel like deleting that once I'd typed it up already, and B) because it's true, he was still kind of scummy to me, and again, miller claims suck because they can go either way.  I've seen them used honestly, and I've seen them used dishonestly (which incidentally won scum the game, that particular time), so a miller claim wasn't enough to completely undo my suspicions.

But no, at this point, I actually hope Thorum isn't lynched, because there are ways of testing his miller claim and it would be good to know if he's lying or not.

Nice one.

I have a question: would a mafia declare miller this early on day 1, with only 1 vote on him?

The way I read the meaning of WIFOM on the mafiascum wiki, it's what I always do: responding to stupid suggestions with even more stupid questions. That's probably why I get lynched so early always. :(

No, actually... the part I put in blue is a wifom.  "would a mafia declare miller this early with only one vote?"  "would the person put the poison in the wine in front of himself?"

Granted... for now I'm not voting for you.  I feel bad that you manage to get yourself killed every day one.

Thorum? Srsly?  This is not like you, bro.  What is going on?  Do you have a PR?  Claiming Miller on Day 1 with very few votes on you is like saying "If you need to get rid of someone, please pick me!" 

So, let's assume you are telling the truth.  We essentially have to take your word for everything in that a finder's viewing would be useless.  There really is only one way to confirm what you say. 

Its as if you are assuming the finder is going to read you.  You are gonna have to give us something more, like a strong hint to your character perhaps, to justify not lynching you today. 

Hmmm....is there a Harry Potter character who would make a good jester (one who wins if he is lynched)?

I'm assuming there's more than 1 finder. After what you typed about me, I'm also assuming at least one of them/you will try to finder me.

I claim miller day 1 with few votes because a miller claim in any other condition would never be believed. Not if I had a lot of votes already, nor if I claimed after being findered.

Ever heard of Polly? I'm not a house-elf, however ;D

MOD and ASS MODS:  It reads in the OP that Lynch will be determined by majority or deadline, whichever comes first.  Does this mean that by deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched?

Just read on my break and now a quick post before going to a meeting (Yay meetings!)

What sticks out in my mind is the Thorum discussion...

Thorum's picking someone with 1 vote and giving them a second vote seems very reasonable to me since I think I might have done exactly that.  Plus as sure as (stuff) if he had given someone a third vote there would have been cries of Bandwagon!

Unlike Meesh I, for once, am not finding Thorum suspicious.  Her post about Thorum makes me slightly suspicious of her.

Damn, it's now meeting time.   :P

'scuse me?!  NOT suspicious?!  He says out of one orifice that we need to consolidate a lynch on one person, and then out of his other orifice he assumes we will call him a bandwagon baddie!  Why would he need to explain himself like this?!  These are the actions of a paranoid player...one who perhaps knows he is mafia and thinks we see it in his actions.  What does he need to do in order for you to actually find him suspicious?  Run around waiving the Mafia flag shouting "screw the town"?!

Jeran defending Thorum is simply adding him to my list of prime suspects.  

I claim miller day 1 with few votes because a miller claim in any other condition would never be believed. Not if I had a lot of votes already, nor if I claimed after being findered.

Thorum, why worry about being accused of bandwagoning after explaining that we need to consolidate our votes?  That SCREAMS paranoia....a characteristic of a mafia scumbag.  I almost believe you from the standpoint that if you are mafia you wouldn't be swinging from the fences like this. 

...and role claim noted.  Not completely buying it, but noted.

MOD and ASS MODS:  It reads in the OP that Lynch will be determined by majority or deadline, whichever comes first.  Does this mean that by deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched?

yes, thats right.

non-voters wont be punished by us mod and there wont be a random vote chosen.  no majority at the deadline, then the person with the most votes gets the Lynch.  in the case of a Tie, random.org shall decide.

i don't like a no-lynch scenario, so this way is the better option IMO.

i've updated the OP to reflect this

Jeran defending Thorum is simply adding him to my list of prime suspects.  

And as regular as a cesium clock comes the cry of Defending!  The only question was who was going to say it.  The flip side of Defending! is critisizing the person who made the claims you are allegedly defending which is what I was doing.

What Thorums posts re:consolidating say to me is that Thorum has played before and he knows what people will say and not that he is paranoid.  Because almost anything someone says can be construed as suspicious (or even a hint).  For example, suddenly I am less suspicious of Meesh with the Town like posts regarding Thorum's claims.

Ass Mods...tee hee.  And Yay! for a fun day 1 for once.

*snicker* ASS MODS RULE!!

Were you defending Thorum just to see who would call you out on it?  I mean, come on!  Why would he push for us to consolidate our votes and then freak out about being accused of a bandwagon?!  I'm wondering if he actually WANTS to be lynched. 

....and this Miller claim is killing me.  We essentially have to take Thorum's word for anything he says because any alignment finding will be useless. 

We still need to hear from Adella on this whole Adella/Wombat thing.  And there are a ton of players not chatting at all.  This disturbs me a great deal!

0kay thisJeran and Thorum thing.

Maybe Jeran does think Thorum is innocent, maybe because Thorum is, because Jeran is Mafia. A few people have now voted for Thorum and by saying he thinks Thorum is innocent looks good for him if Thorum is Lynched and found innocent.

After all this talk of Consolidating votes, Krak comes in and votes for someone new. It's not as though things haven't been going on. I can understand Random.org to start, but not after so many pages with things going back a forth.

However I'[m preferring the Thorum vote at the moment, because I think we could get some info from it IF he isn't Mafia. I don't like claims when there is no need for them. Miller claims are always no good. They cause a dilemma for everyone and they also provide a good place for Mafia to hide because of the Dilemma.

'scuse me?!  NOT suspicious?!

People are entitled to their own opinion. Even if it contradicts yours. Which is why I usually vote you. Your not being able to stand that, I mean.

...and role claim noted.  Not completely buying it, but noted.
I am a miller. I have not made another role claim. Reread the post where I said I'm a miller for the first time.

I'm not even replying to the other silly assumptions.

;D Jeran already did ;D

Why would he push for us to consolidate our votes

Because I want a lynch many people agree on. Not a random lynch, nor a no-lynch

and then freak out about being accused of a bandwagon?!

I was not accused of a bandwagon. Someone (probably you) asked me why I chose someone with 1 vote on him, and not someone with 2 votes on him. I answered. Which is probably a big part of my mistake.

I'm wondering if he actually WANTS to be lynched.
No, I don't. As does no one, I hope.

....and this Miller claim is killing me.  We essentially have to take Thorum's word for anything he says because any alignment finding will be useless.
Mmeesh posted about a page ago about a way to check a miller. I'm just as curious as you are. Probably more so.

because I think we could get some info from it IF he isn't Mafia.

No idea how you'll know whether or not I'm mafia. Meesh?

I don't like claims when there is no need for them. Miller claims are always no good. They cause a dilemma for everyone and they also provide a good place for Mafia to hide because of the Dilemma.

It's the first time ever I'm a miller. I don't see any way around that HUGE handicap but declaring first thing. I'll get lynched one of the first days anyway. Either after a finder "result", or after the reveal.

We should focus on more people than me.

Krak, why a new person?

Deadline

Vote Count

Thorum(3): Mynd, Meesh, Verbal

Wolfie(1): Krak

no vote (17): Bela, Aust, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

Archived