DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Saga: New Moon Mafia Game-Over, Vampire Team Volturi Win and Naeann

Minuet

• Club Leader

Just checking in. I'm here, just sewing a lot lately, instead of in front of the computer. But I'm following. With only one game running at the moment, I don't seem to have the energy for it that I usually do. Nothing profound is occurring to me to say.....lol.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry ya'll been buisy this past weekand.  and got sort of swamped at work so i haven't been on much, just more of lurking.

wb to the game Ed, and good luck on your exams Rey :)  try to make atleast a little bit of time for relaxation so you don't get overwhelmed

<-- is gogin to do a re-read and will post if i have any new suspicions after i get done :)

• Club Leader

To Min's comment in the dead thread, which is sadly more interesting than this one at the moment...

Yeah, didn't the other mafia already kill Ed once? At their first opportunity, if I recall. Or at least someone did, and we have been assuming it was another mafia. Was that ever confirmed? I know someone mentioned the possibility of a cult, too. At any rate, Ed, good luck for survival this time....lol.

Okay, I just sent out the PM's to you all with night actions. Sorry, but I am on my way to the doctors. When I get back I will write up the twilight of night and the breaking of the dawn. *giggles*

Like how I worked in 2 book titles? Back in a few hours.

Those with insider information please keep it to yourselves. 

There had been suspicion for days if someone had a recruiting power, however none really guessed the truth.

As the day breaks everyone looks around to see if anything unusual has happened during the night. Chief Swan looks around with Sam and teary eyed Jacob. They see that Ed has blood dripping from his mouth and a limp Meesh is crumpled on the floor.  Red yells out, “Rey is a Vampire I stopped his night action from freezing Lavinya!”  The whole room is silent for a moment. Chief Swan walks over to Red and asks, “How do you know that is a vampire action, do you have proof he is a vampire after all he has been helping me sort out who is and who isn’t a vampire”? Red gets made and throws a water bottle at Chief Swan for doubting her and the bottle bounces off of him as if he were made of stone. Jacob and Sam yell with a fierce cry. Lily, Pete and Ed then surround the shape shifters. Lily makes quick work of Sam , while Pete takes down Jacob. Ed moves over to Rasheta and they wrestle for a few minutes then Pete joins him as Rasheta is no normal Cullen, she is Emmett. Chief Swan/ Charis moves and grabs Lavinya and rips her throat out the blood is exhilarating to this newborn and Naeann joins in the carnage.

Game End- Volturi Win along with Naeann the solo winner who somehow got recruited in time to win.

Meesh: Carlisle Cullen- Healer

Rasheta:  Emmett Cullen- Bodyguard role that has a 50% chance of successfully protecting the target and finds out his target's attacker, and a 50% chance that the Bodyguard dies instead.

Duncan: Jacob Black- Innocent aligned. Can transfer a night action from self to someone else

Tigara: Sam the Alpha Wolf- innocent aligned. Can talk with Jacob Black

Lavinya: Angela Webber- Innocent aligned, can send in one night action asking about someone’s role. Can only use once. You are not the only one with this power.

Pete: Marcus- Finder accuracy is random either 50% or 100% depending on random generator

Lily: Aro- Mafia Godfather, shows innocent on all viewings, night actions. Can recruit one player on odd numbered nights.

Rey: Caius- Mafia member, can freeze someone, the target can have 1 post half way through the day cycle.

Naeann: Jane-  Solo winner, can confuse innocents and mafia alike. Can’t spam the thread.  If you are lynched before one of the teams is eliminated you win. Does not have to be day one.  Recruited night 3 by the Voluturi

Charis sedai: Charlie Swan- Finder, recruited by the Volturi

Congratulations to all of you. Rey really pulled the wool over your eyes I will admit. The Volturi somehow picked the finder at random on night one. I honestly tried to even out the powers. That is why I gave them limited recruiting powers. The town really had a lot of power on their side. There were only two townies with no powers. Both were mod killed on day one, Jade and MCS.

I thought I gave the town some huge advantages and honestly when you all got the first vampire team so quick I thought you all would win. I think you all did a good job.

Let me know what you all thought as this was my first time modding. Now off to update the OP.  

Ugh.  Just ugh.  I cannot adequately describe my emotions upon reading the list of players and roles.

I'm done playing mafia for a while, going to be modding a couple games here soon (one after the other, obviously, not at the same time :D), but I have had it with playing for a while.

Good game, Min, you've done a great job.

Good game everyone.

Hope you all had fun.

• Club Leader

I think, if we hadn't gotten the finder, things would have been very different. Also, Rey's claim did help us a lot. Whether or not the game was balanced, I can't say. I'll leave that to the more experienced players. I've never played in a game (except Far's) with this many roles.

Great game, everyone. Sorry to the other mafia team. I nightkilled Ed because we couldn't deal with his spam habit, as busy as the thread was. I know he hadn't spammed here yet, but still. I had to pick somebody.  ;D Lucky shot on my part. Oh, and Tynaal, you would have been our recruit on night three if you hadn't died. I couldn't resist turning Edward. Sadly you died, so I had to rethink the plan.

lol...Rey was the first to suggest it and then I took his spot...

ironic....very....:P

If it wasn't endgame, and Rey was a townie, I would have went after Charis and Pete.

They made a huge mistake yesterday, and I wanted to get them...

But then, I couldn't go after Pete directly, so I would have gone after Charis.

Lily, your team was very very good.

• Club Leader

Actually, Ed, that's not true. I told Min the moment she told me what my role was. You were just a marked man, dude.

I did have a great team, didn't I? I just with Pete had been more active. We were really looking forward to being mafia together someday. Oh, well, it was a fun game.

Yes, I suggest Lily and Pete never been mafia together!!! Can't help how it turned out, but they are an evil combination.

You can all see all the roles on the original post. If you all hadn't lost 3 people on day one for not voting and keeping to a post restriction I think things would have gone better. I just didn't want a game with inactive players who didn't vote. It was something to try what can I say. Jade's post restriction did come from me and she had a hard time keeping track of it. She was also getting ready for a mini-meet-up and wasn't keeping up. Not to mention she hated the restriction. Yes, I know it was cruel, but seriously something I would expect from Rosalie Hale. I felt bad after it all started and I saw how difficult it was. That is something I won't do again.

I did want to put in some twists, so making Jane the solo winner I thought was a good one. I tried to be creative. Wait until my Muppet Mafia game!!! *giggles*

lol..on the QT he did.

Also, dam...lol...

Though..I didn't even come in until Page 11. ::)

Also, when Jade killed herslef, there was nothing I could do for Boopsy...this was my first time being mafia, and I was just lost.

:(

It was a great game Min!

I was also a mafia finder, Wombat. But I only got to use my ability once  :( I viewed Nae, which wasn't terribly helpful.

Anyway, YAY. Congrats to Lily, Pete, and Rey/Ed. I was rooting for y'all after I died :D

This game definitely had a lot of roles/powers, so it's difficult to say if it was even. I think it was, but, I also am not very experienced, so I don't know. I have to be honest though, Min, I don't think the modkilling for not voting is a great idea. So much can happen at the last minute. Like when I'd voted and thought I was safe (because I was traveling and couldn't get on the computer), came back right before the deadline, and found I still needed to vote because Jade had been modkilled. I think modkilling someone who doesn't post at all in a given day is okay, though.

Yeah, that was an experiment I tried. Naeann had it in her Princess Bride game to encourage people to vote. I have been a very frustrated player when people say, "Oh, I just don't know who to vote for" and then never get around to voting. It was a bit harsh I will admit. I don't think I will use it again as it did end up giving the mafia an advantage. I honestly was tormented about taking Lily's recruiting power away. I went ahead and let it stand just to see how it worked out in the end.

I thought Tynaal and were gonna last a while with our abilities and people believing her roleclaim, but that freeze on Tynaal and the unexpected bandwagon on me was pretty lethal.  I actually thought Pete's reason for hammering me was pretty scummy because he took one for the team in the BT game when he was a vanilla townie getting lynched day one, so voting in the interest of self-preservation didn't make sense to me.  I actually had a nice post written up ready to accuse Pete in the dead thread, but I didn't want to give him the out of claiming a power role.  I was hoping someone would pressure him and he would claim vanilla townie and then I could bring my metagaming out.  One game under my belt and I was already metagamining  :D  Of course it didn't matter anyway as the next day didn't even happen.  I knew when I revealed that it was possible the mafia would hammer me but I didn't see much of a choice with Pete having an uncontested finder backing him up.  Just our luck that Rey picks me out after freezing Tynaal.  I didn't think I was recognizable as Bella before my reveal because I didn't really have to do anything to defend Tynaal.  I only defended her once and even that wasn't very direct.  I agree with Alanna about the modkilling though.  I think Nae's method of modkilling people who don't post during a day phase is fine, but I thought the modkilling for not voting made the game kind of frantic.  Also, the inactivity of some people was annoying this game.  It's hard to defend yourself when people log on just to vote for you and then don't check again before the deadline.  Oh well.  I was hoping this one would last longer and be a bit more interesting.  Unfortunately, we lost tons of innocents almost as fast as was possible via the modkills and then the lover dynamic.  Sometimes everything just goes against you.  I've lost enough money at cards to know that.

Yeah, I will have the change it for not posting in a day or night phase instead of voting. I didn't think that people would log on just to vote and not really keep up with the game. Lesson learned for sure. I will admit Meesh was targeted night one. Due to someone's actions it was diverted. I also didn't mean to confirm Charis's role in the end of Day 3 post. I have learned a lot modding this game. I just hope I don't make as many mistakes in the future.

It was Ed I can fully confirm that. Also, your night kill for night three was a toss of her and someone else because you didn't want to be targeted. I read the QT board. I know how you were feeling about that situation.

Archived