DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Saga: New Moon Mafia Game-Over, Vampire Team Volturi Win and Naeann

Minuet

It all depends on the mod.  I've been in both situations.  In one game the finder was nearly lynched so he revealed like day 1.  He was then recruited and I volunteered to be findered when they were after me.  I was innocent and had nothing to hide.  The finder declared me mafia and they lynched me.  Suprise!  I was innocent.  Too bad that was endgame. >.<

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragonsworn1991

I am back for the moment, and I have read over what I have missed.

Yes I am the king of typos,and when I was refering to the 100% thing about the cult I was meaning that in a hypothetical situation and an easy one to calculate. I did not type the if, in front of 100%.

Now there will be someone to sound off saying my above comment is to be expected, well I still won't be terribly active so I am giving you an advanced  ::)

Happy New Years everyone

• Club Leader

Actually, that makes perfect sense to me. I know you too well, and I suspected it was something like that. You've moved down a notch or two on my suspect list for now. A smart player never lets you completely off the list.... lol.

When I saw Ty in a catatonic state, I immediately figured it was a freezing thing.  I've never played a game with that, but I looked over Charmed Mafia when it was finished, so I'm not completely in the dark here. :D  It could be something else, but that seems to me the most likely option.

Thoughts on Jessica/Sarah/Craftyreader...I wonder if she used her night action at all, and on who, but that's something we may not know until endgame. :D

The fact that there has only been one nightkill per night makes me think that either there was a mafia without a nightkill that inherited the nightkill from the other dead mafia when it was eliminated (a backup mafia, so to speak), or else that there is a cult that has the option to either recruit for the night or else nightkill someone.

Unless it's a cult that recruited someone like a serial killer or vigilante, and are directing that person's night actions. Totally possible.  And we can't really make any definite conclusions until we either lynch someone who's not Town or else until we have a few more Night results to see a pattern in.

Those are my thoughts.

How do you know there's only been one nightkill per night?  Cairos and Ed died the same night.  At first I thought Cairos had a bomb ability, but I don't know anymore.  I've never played a game with 2 families, but couldn't it be that Ed was killed by another family?  Also, we have already lynched two people who are not town, although I don't expect to get much info from the voting on Boopsy.

Further thoughts:

Firstly, I don't think we can learn anything from the Alanna lynch either as she had no team members left.  I get your point now Meesh, but it just seemed odd saying "until we...lynch someone who's not town" when we have already lynched two scum.  Secondly, Pete's 100% sentence doesn't make sense to me unless you replace the "and" with an "if" rather than just adding an "if."  I might just be nitpicking there though.  At this point I would put money on Pete making a typo and a syntax error rather than a scum slip.

• Club Leader

Hmm..... good catch, there, Wombat. I hadn't noticed that slip. Or oddness, I guess, really. Meesh is pinging my radar, and has for a while now. Since we have to vote to stay alive, I'll put mine on her for now, but I'm willing to change it, depending on how things go.

[glow=red,2,300]Vote Meesh[/glow]

@Wombat:

Firstly, I did honestly forget that Ed and Cairos were killed in one Night.  I hadn't been paying too much attention to this game until just now.  I'd been reading along and commenting on things I really felt needed to be said, but other than that, this was on the back burner.  So, forgive me for that mistake about only one night kill.  However, other than that exception, the fact remains that on average there has only been one kill per night.  As to how I know that, well, if there were more, Min would report it.  

Though, now that I think about it, if there is a second mafia, they could've targeted the same person as the Healer the first two nights.  I didn't think about that before.  Thanks for prodding me about that.

Also, I'm glad you now understand my point about "until we either lynch someone who's not Town...."  I wasn't trying to be vague; I was just referring to the situation at hand, and I figured that should be obvious.  We already knew about the James-Mafia-Team, they're all gone, so their deaths do nothing for us now except give us a leg up on this game as far as numbers go.

@Pete  Well, I can't say I'm surprised about the typo excuse; I thought that might even be the case so I didn't say anything about it originally until other people started questioning you, and then when they started discussing the cult I decided to step in and give my 2 cents.  I still think you are suspicious, and did before that, and anyone who seemed too eager to let you excuse your mistake is on my radar.  But it's a good enough explanation, and a totally probable one too.

Just remember Heroes vs. Villains; if I honestly think you made a Freudian slip I won't let go of it. ;D

@Lily  Wow, you are now very much pinging my radar.  First, you go "Oh, pete just probably made a typo."  Now, "That's what I thought it was, Pete, okay you're down there on my list now."  And finally, voting for me this early in the Day Phase when you are in no danger of a modkill and there are perfectly explainable reasons for what I said, which I gave earlier in this post.  I don't believe I'm honestly pinging your radar, as you haven't said anything about it at all until just now when someone else gave you a bit of a foundation to stand a vote on.

• Club Leader

Meesh, I'm ALWAYS suspicious to you. I'm rather used to it.

Like you, I figured that's what Pete did, and believed his explanation, but it's scummy for me to feel the same way you do? Excuse me? In what universe does that make sense? *shakes head*

I'll change my vote if anything else pops up. I voted for you Day One and changed it, didn't I? I'll likely end up doing that again, depending on what the rest of the group thinks and how they vote. You've been very eager this game to cast suspicion all over the place. That's scum behavior, in my book, but it's a mild ping. And as for it being early in the day phase, I have a very busy life nowadays, and I would rather have a vote in place than accidentally miss the deadline because I've been busy and forgot to vote. Like I said, I can always change it. My sister would probably remind me, but that's taking advantage of my relationship with the mod, and tacky at best. I don't do tacky.  ;)

I'm trying to think if Meesh's colorful posts are a pr, a clue to who she is, or what. 

The OMGUS suspicion things are great lol.  "I'm suspicious of you"... "Oh yeah?, Well that just made me suspsicious of YOU!"

"Spelling error, wrong word, not paying attention to what you are saying, no clue what your role is in the game/character in the game" or whatever... Pete needs to keep his head.  He played the clueless bit in the last game.  I accepted it cause he was at Disney world and so, understandably, distracted.  What's the excuse this time?  Playing with the pressies from santa?

Well, no need to get snippy.  Unless you really feel like it helps us out.  In which case why don't we start pulling hair, too?

Seriously, Lily, I didn't say anything about you actually believing him, it was the way you gave him that excuse in the first place, like offering a life raft to someone who's out in the water, without waiting to see if they can swim on their own or now.  Try rereading my posts a few times, and you'll see I never said "Lily believed Pete, that's so scummy."  It was how eager you were.

And no, you're not always suspicious to me.  I haven't even played that many games with you, and I was scum in enough of those that it wouldn't make sense for me to suspect you all the time.  One thing I hate is how you generalize everything so much!  You did it in the Christmas game, too; "Meesh and I always either lynch or nightkill one another Day/Night 1."  

I mean, come on, each game is different; you can't dismiss someone's suspicions/actions in one game just because they do it other times, too.  That's metagaming, and I think it's stupid, to be frank.  People like Kivam, who carry grudges, lose a lot of respect in my eyes because even though it becomes accepted and expected, it can be harmful behavior to the game and that's not okay.

Now I keep forgetting things because I'm utterly exhausted from the past week, so I forgot you voted for me Day 1 at the beginning.  Though, that doesn't mean much to me, because it was Day 1, and all that entails.  This ISN'T Day 1.

Something you said stuck out to me... "You've been very eager this game to cast suspicion all over the place."  Oh, have I?  Really?  Care to quote me on all the people I've been so eager to cast suspicion on, since I've been SOOOOO active in this game? [/sarcasm]

Seriously; I've actively voiced suspicion of Cairos (who WAS acting scummy about Boopsy, and I'm hardly the only one to think so), you, and Pete.  That is all.

With all the people in this game, 3 people is hardly "all over the place."  Slightly metagaming here, but that is what Wombat said in the Christmas game about me, and he was wrong, but the key thing there is, he had perfectly good reason to say that in that game.  I WAS bringing up practically everyone and saying "X thing you did was scummy."  

In this game, you have absolutely no reason to say that, except to try and belittle my suspicion of you, and it sounds like a convenient excuse that you pulled out because it was fresh on your mind.

**edit new**

Nae, I have been posting in color everywhere. :) I was using pink because I've been trying for ages to find a pink color that doesn't hurt to look at on these boards and finally found one, and I like pink, but then in Spamathon over in Fiddlesticks I went through a color-experimentation thing, and found lots of new colors I like.

I'm sticking with Forest Green for a while.  So, no PR, no clue, either. :D

There have only been two nights so far so night one might not have been the exception.  Like Meesh said, it could be that one family targeted the same person as the healer night two.  There are other possibilities too, like night kill immunity (which Tynaal says she has) or roleblocking.  At this point I'm not sure whether the existence of a mafia or a cult is more likely.  There could always be both >:D although I don't know how Min would balance that.  Also, does the mafia lose their nk if the godfather dies?  I would think they would keep it but I've only completed one game (although I have read a few) and I want to examine every possible explanation.

Just a little mod note since you all are confused. You lynched Boopsy day one and he was on James's team, Ed who was James was night killed on night one. Day two you all lynched Alanna who was Victoria. So, team James is dead you all. I thought I made that clear when I posted her death scene. So, yes there are two mafia teams. Most of you have already said who they are.

Have fun..... *goes back to musing and modding*

Well that clears things up a bit.  There is a second mafia.  I probably would have let us sweat it out if I were you Min  >:D  So it seems one mafia nk didn't go through night two.  Like I said there are multiple possible explanations for that.

*Twaps wombat upside the head*

Did you not pay attention. Geez, come night two you all had already killed of one of the teams. There for no night kill. There. From now on you are on your own. Get it messed up again I might just tell them who you are. *giggles* Just kidding. Oh, I have been tempted to clear up a great many things, but this was simple. Most of you have it right.

Okay...only two nights have gone by...  I am trying to wrap my head around that, actually.

I want to apologize to everyone for posting in this game when I am so tired I can't even type straight without effort, and without being sure of my facts first.  I am going to get some sleep before I come back here.  I'm just confusing everyone, I guess, and myself, too.  Or maybe I'm only confusing myself.  Either way, adios, amigos!

>.< I have a habit of throwing in cool sayings from other languages....I wanted to say "either way, ciao, bella!" for some reason, but I didn't because in this game, I'd probably log back in to find myself lynched for saying that. :D :P

*Twaps wombat upside the head*

Did you not pay attention. Geez, come night two you all had already killed of one of the teams. There for no night kill. There. From now on you are on your own. Get it messed up again I might just tell them who you are. *giggles* Just kidding. Oh, I have been tempted to clear up a great many things, but this was simple. Most of you have it right.

Ah.  Thanks for pointing out my idiocy to me.  I really should have seen that.

Ok, I've been following this Lily/Meesh "debate" and think its very illuminating (sarcasm). So I went and got a viewing on Lily and she came up innocent. Again, ill remind everyone that my viewings are either 100% or 50% depending on a coin toss. All I have for now.

Oh well, I did try and get a good night's sleep last night but I kept waking up, so I'm a bit better than last night but I'm still pretty tired.  I'll try not to let that affect me too much, but I'm not going to be sunshine to be around.

I understand that you people didn't like the way I was talking, and I get that, but please don't completely discredit everything I said just because I didn't phrase it nicely.  I'm not going to keep up the whatever-it-was with Lily, because it's obviously not going to get me anywhere and also because for now I'll trust Rey's viewing, but I do want to reiterate that she was totally making things up about me and exaggerating things, which happened to be things that would make my suspicion of her look stupid or unimportant or childish.  And yes, that frustrated me and I let it get to me.

Anyway, that's all.

Just a friendly reminder:

Day ends Sunday night at 7PM MST.

There are now 13 players left in the game. OP has been updated. It takes 7 people to lynch.

Those not voting get a grizzly death scene courtesy of the Mod God.

• Club Leader

Thanks for saying something, Rey.  :-* You could have kept it to yourself.

I swear, I'm going to learn to stop getting sucked in by nonsense like that. I have learned not to get upset when someone votes for me. One vote is nothing, really. I'm a happier player now, and I WILL learn to rise above this, too. As much as I love this, it is just a game, after all.

Archived