DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia - A Christmas Tale - Mafia Won

Talya

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!  It IS! :D

It happened in Banned Books Mafia.  The Finder AND Healer were revealed, and we (the mafia) spent hours debating who we should night kill.  I was all for NKing a random player, or else trying for the finder, because my gut was telling me not to NK Lily (the healer) because she'd probably protect herself.  But the other two thought that we should give it a go, since she'd obviously protect the finder.  But I brought up the fact that she'd all but said "I'm going to protect the finder," which would mean that the mafia should think she's wide open and target her, so it would make sense for her to protect herself instead of who she said she was going to protect.

It got really heated at one point.  I did NOT want to waste a night kill.  We lost the WIFOM though.  Lily won that round. ;)

Alright so I noticed something and I've been mulling it over but I don't know what to make of it since I'm a newbie.  I'm actually surprised it hasn't come up yet tbh.  I don't trust any of you very far but I think some people may already have noticed what I have and it will probably become obvious to all pretty soon if it isn't already.

Recall that Jelly was modkilled for inactivity.  Chrono has not posted in the thread for about the same amount of time as Jelly but Chrono has not been modkilled.  This implies that Chrono has not been inactive.  In fact, he has been posting all over DM but not in this thread.  Since Chrono is not active during the day, it stands to reason that he is active at night.  Otherwise, why hasn't he been modkilled already?  Chrono has been silent since he checked in iirc, so I don't think it is a night action that is keeping him silent.  This would seem to imply that Chrono has some kind of goofy role that keeps him from speaking during the day but has a night action.  I wasn't able to find anything like this via the links Talya gave at the beginning of the thread so I don't know what to make of this.

Let me know what you guys think of this.

Seems like a logical conclusion. I trust Lily and that is about it. Meesh is quite suspicious, but I don't know enough to really attack her.

I like the idea of voting for people who haven't said much and trying to drag more information out about them.

The two I'm thinking of are Wolfie and Chrono so...

[glow=red,2,300]Chrono[/glow]

I'm actually more suspicious of Pale and meercatman than Wolfie.  Both of them haven't been posting much and they posted in pretty good badwagoning positions on Pete (so did I but I know I'm town) whereas Wolfie's vote seemed more of an acquiescence to the inevitable.  I'm not sure I want to replace my vote on Chrono though.  I don't know if scum would lurk as obviously as he has been.  Then again there is something to trying to draw something out like you said.  I'm sorry if it seems like I'm throwing a lot of names around but I'm pretty stumped right now.  I'm not going to let a random modkill happen if I can help it but now that I've unvoted I'm going to think carefully before placing my vote again.

By replacing my vote I meant placing my vote on Chrono again, not replacing that vote with another.  I'm not nervous about voting, I just don't know who to vote for.  Barring something like me spacing out near the deadline, I will be voting for someone this day period.

A) Sorry Elli. :-[

B) That's a good point, Wombat, about Chrono; something I hadn't thought of.  I think we should wait and see who says anything in this thread, and who lurks or avoids serious discussion of any sort at all.  Lurking is the easiest way for a mafioso to avoid saying anything incriminating; as long as he/she posts every once in a while and says SOMETHING (like "I've been busy, reading what I missed now" or something), he/she can get away with lurking surprisingly easily.  I lurked a ton in Banned Books mafia and wasn't really called on it at all, so it's definitely something that mafia can feel safe trying.

*dashes out of the dark shadow*

Aha!

Oh, wait. I'm being suspected again? Can't blame you though.

Well. The reason for my "lurking" is as follows. When I log on to DM, the first (and usually only) thing I click is the "Show new replies to your posts" button. However, once every few days I'll go into the forums and post on several new topics that pique my interest. The threads that I had posted in were receiving a lot of spamming of late, so this thread became lost amidst the rabble of others. Also, I had just been eliminated from the SG mafia game due to defending myself too heatedly early in the game (which I found out was a surefire way to heap a bandwagon on oneself). I hasten to add that I was not mafia in that particular game. So, my lurking has been due to this thread being smothered by other, less significant threads, and a general apprehension about posting too early in a mafia game.

Well, I don't think that's much of an excuse, but it makes sense.  I'd admonish you to navigate independently to the thread in the future so you're not accused of lurking if you're really not.

So, since you're actually here, what are your thoughts on the game?  Do you suspect anyone?  Make any observations?

Hmmm...so...lurks lurks lurks, comes back when accused or suspected actively, defends his lurking but doesn't share any thoughts on the game or who he suspects; then, when asked to share thoughts, claims not to have read the whole thread and implies that he's going to do so.

Logs out an hour later without having shared anything with the rest of the players.

Maybe he's not scum, but A) the fact that, like Wombat said, he hasn't been modkilled for inactivity; B) the fact that he's been lurking ("thread got buried") but suddenly appears when he has a vote on him; and C) the fact that he's avoided discussing anything game-related makes me highly highly highly suspicious of him.

[glow=red,2,300]Chrono[/glow]

Vote count as far as I know is:

Chrono (2): Al Jenn, Meesh

I'm actually more suspicious of Pale and meercatman than Wolfie.  Both of them haven't been posting much and they posted in pretty good badwagoning positions on Pete (so did I but I know I'm town)/quote]

Had 10minutes to spare this morning before i went to work, so came on here and there was five pages of other mafia game talk, maybe we should be looking at voting for the people who are cluttering this game up with high volumes of unrelated posts about this game. :D

Hey, at least we're ALSO trying to contribute to discussion about THIS game too....

Which is something that not all of us can say.

(no, I'm not pointing fingers at you, Pallet, since you HAVE contributed while you were here)

Okay, sorry about the excessive talk about other games. This is what happens when we have no deadline; I either don't post at all or post about unrelated things :D Deadlines are good.

Even though I've been posting, I probably haven't been paying as much attention to this game as I should. The only thing that really stands out to me about Chrono is what... Wombat?... said, about how he hasn't been modkilled when Jelly was. That does seem to indicate that maybe he's been active at night or something. I want to go back and look at other people, though, before I vote.

Archived