DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia - A Christmas Tale - Mafia Won

Talya

• Club Leader

Can't say I'm thrilled about it, but we'll manage somehow.

*snuggles Pale* Stick around, sweetie. I can't tell if your scum or not if you don't.  ;) Normally, you're easy for me to read, but not when you're not posting. Seriously, I've missed you. We kicked butt the last time I was cop. We can do it again.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Crusher. *Lays a cookie reverently on his grave*. I must admit Santa has it pretty nice up here, duvet covers and all...

Lily has to be telling the truth, I mean why wouldn't someone counter-claim then we would have lynched the fake cop. Or I guess squished him/her under a train O.o . I think Tayla is mafia and blocked lily, so... Well I have no clue, I haven't been on the boards long enough to know everyone's personality and if they are devious liers or not.

Things seemed to be going on quite quietly today, everyone was busy getting the toys made and ready.

Suddenly there was a scream! You all turn round to see one of the dolls Jelly had been making with her hands around Jelly's neck. You rush over to her and try to pull the doll off. Eventually you pull her off but the look in Jelly's eyes shows that you were too late. Her windpipe had been crushed by the doll.

Jelly an Innocent Townie has been Modkilled for lack of activity!

Yikes!

We're into Day 2 with 3 innocents down; that's not good.  It's not devastating, either, but it's still not good.  We need to get to work, folks.

*puts black war-paint on*

Let's get cracking, peeps, and start some serious discussion so we can find the scum!

*folds arms, taps foot, and looks at Locke levelly over the rims of her glasses*

That is NOT a discussion.

Please chastise your finger for being so careless.  It needs to follow your brain, not its own whims.

Surely you must have some thoughts of some sort pertaining to the game.

Gotta admit didn't even know jelly was playing, but im kinda rushing in and posting when i can and when i do on the nighttime no-one seems to be around.

Lily YOU kicked butt in that game when you were a cop, i'm just worried in case you may have been recruited if you were the cop, maybe that is metagaming too.

Meesh you saying you knew Lily was going to view you doesn't help, but i think you're being honest...but you play the same if you're town or scum.

Alot of new mafia players i've never played with here too.

*looks abashed* Sorry..... :P

I'm more neutral towards you now, Meesh.  You have quieted my suspicions, but that doesn't sit well with me.  If you ARE mafia, you are doing one heck of a job at seeming innocent.

But I don't really know who to go for at all. :-\

Pale: Recruited?

Wait, are we talking cult now?  I suppose the mafia COULD have a recruit but usually then the town has to have some pretty hefty help to balance that out.  Unless it was a one-time recruit, like in Pete's Haunted House game...  But even then, the town had a lot of roles to help it out.

If you're not talking about the mafia, then why do you think there's a cult that could recruit Lily?  It wouldn't terribly surprise me, to be honest, the way the game seems to be going and knowing Talya, but on the other hand, I think a roleblock on the mafia side seems just as feasible.  (the game I played on MJ with the roleblock for the mafia was the Epic Mafia WoT game--Peacesells/Lanfear had the ability to roleblock; he only got to use it once though before he got lynched)

Bah, Pale, why do you have to come in and start to complicate things that much?  Now even though I want to believe Lily and I'm choosing to do so, I'm always going to have a little niggling doubt in my mind that she may be cult now. ::)

*looks abashed* Sorry..... :P

I'm more neutral towards you now, Meesh.  You have quieted my suspicions, but that doesn't sit well with me.  If you ARE mafia, you are doing one heck of a job at seeming innocent.

But I don't really know who to go for at all. :-\

:D So you find it suspicious that you can't find me suspicious at the moment?  Nice. :P

I know the feeling, though.  I do have suspicions, but at the moment, none are really strong enough or substantial enough to give me a lead to follow.  That's one reason discussions are good; the more people talk, the easier it is to find the mafia.  The more a mafioso talks, the more likely he/she is to slip up or make a mistake.  And if a mafia avoids talking as much as possible so as to keep from slipping up, they'll draw attention to themself by being so quiet when other people are being talkative.

*goes hunting*

Found it:

It is now Day 2. I will not yet put a time on this day :)

There are 13 left it takes 7 to lynch.

Have a nice day ;D

Though, there are 12 left now, but it's still 7 to lynch.

So no deadline yet.

No, Pete was a vanilla townie, unroled, and so was Jelly.  So not everyone has a role.  I think we're looking at 2 masons, one with a double-vote and one that may or may not have a role; a Finder, a Healer, and 4 mafia with either a recruit or a role-block.  That's all we can really assume right now.

And that sucks, no wonder you're worried.  Oh yeah, that was Mcs' game, right?  I remember some people saying his set-up was weighted in favor of the mafia, though.

I'm inclined to believe Lily; everything she did/said on Day 1 did fit in perfectly and make sense when she revealed her purpose.  She could be mafia and just trying to gain credibility by using an elaborate plan to make her seem more like the Finder, but until we have someone counter claim against her I'm going to believe that's not likely.

No, Pete was a vanilla townie, unroled, and so was Jelly.  So not everyone has a role.  I think we're looking at 2 masons, one with a double-vote and one that may or may not have a role; a Finder, a Healer, and 4 mafia with either a recruit or a role-block.  That's all we can really assume right now.

And that sucks, no wonder you're worried.  Oh yeah, that was Mcs' game, right?  I remember some people saying his set-up was weighted in favor of the mafia, though.

I'm inclined to believe Lily; everything she did/said on Day 1 did fit in perfectly and make sense when she revealed her purpose.  She could be mafia and just trying to gain credibility by using an elaborate plan to make her seem more like the Finder, but until we have someone counter claim against her I'm going to believe that's not likely.

Idk her jester cop routine still doesn't make sense to me.

I agree that Lily is likely the cop and was more likely roleblocked, i know that Talya has never been a fan of people revealing roles on the first day so it wouldn't surprise me if she had included that in this game.

Wombat, we would have found alot more info out from who voted and what people said, she knew she had a role that would make people stop voting her on day 1.

How I understood what Lily said:

-Lily's a cop.

-Lily has been targeted by Night Kills enough on Night 1 in the past that she was worried that she would be targeted on Night 1 in this game too.

-If Lily was targeted randomly by a night kill on Night 1, the Town would lose its Cop without ever getting any info at ALL from the cop.

-So, Lily wanted to reveal that she's a cop so she could get the Healer protection.

-However, it's usually best to keep quiet about your role as a Cop until you either have one or two mafia names to give the Town or you're on the lynching block and you have to reveal to stay alive.

-So, Lily wanted to reveal, without drawing suspicion to herself for the random-seeming Day 1 reveal.

-So she needed a legitimate reason to reveal.

-Legitimate reason--"I'm on the lynching block, don't lynch me I'm the finder!"

-So she proceeded to pick a fight with me, presumably because she knew me well enough to feel comfortable picking a fight with me, or something, hoping that the ridiculously out-there things she was saying, and the lengths she was going to accuse me of being scum, would make her look suspicious and get people to vote for her because of her scummy behavior.

Simplified= Lily purposely acted scummy to try and get on the lynching block so she could reveal legitimately.

Bottom line--Again, I didn't think it was a wise thing to do, and I still don't, but what's done is done, and I have no reason NOT to believe her.  Obviously her strategy failed and she ended up revealing without having a real reason anyway.

**EDIT FOR PALLET'S POST**

That (talya not wanting people to reveal on Day 1) is something I hadn't thought of as a possibility.  I don't think it is the case, because then Lily wouldn't have been able to reveal anyway, because she wasn't really voted for by anyone but Crusher and Pete and so she wasn't even on the lynching block.

Archived