DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia - A Christmas Tale - Mafia Won

Talya

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Club Leader

Honestly, I've been mafia in so many games lately that I may have forgotten how to act when I'm town. And, also, I've already admitted that my ploy was stupid, but it's residual from the constant scheming I've been doing, I suppose.

Seriously, though, if I'm of no use to the town as cop (and I'm useless now that I've revealed and they have a roleblocker) lynch me and see if I'm telling the truth, I guess. I don't really know what else to say. If it was me looking at me (did that make sense?) I'd save me for a later lynch candidate, for sure.

Pale, WE kicked butt in that game. You may not realize how much I came to depend on your opinion, once I saw that we were always thinking the same way. It was my very first game, you know. Pale, you seem different to me this game. I guess it could just be that I've grown up as a player, or because of my stupid move day one. *shrug* Other than that, and Meesh, who I always watch out of the corner of my eye, I'm pretty much getting nothing on my radar.

• Club Leader

I really thought Pete was innocent. I know him VERY well, and can almost always tell when he's scum. That works both ways, unfortunately.  :-\

As for Meesh, I exaggerated what I was feeling. But, yeah, I viewed her for a reason.

Kind of unrelated, but as I'm going through my PM inbox and pruning it (it's already 15 pages less full than it was an hour and a half ago :D), this was on my mind and what Lily said kind of made me want to say something about it...

The best mafia game I've ever played was the Harry Potter mafia game that Pete modded.  That was so much fun, it was a fantastic game, and everyone in the game said they really enjoyed it.  I was going to have my brother, who got to play a game or two of mafia on DM before getting too busy IRL, read through the game thread, but alas, he isn't a member of the WT org and so can't see the board that the game was on.

Anyway, Lily's story comment reminded me of that. :D

Alanna has been creeping me out a little bit this game because she's been agreeing with you so much lol.  Then again pretty much everyone has my hackles up for some reason or another (this game makes me paranoid) so I'm trying not to read too much into it.

Edit for Meesh:  What?

What do you mean, "what?" :D

Lily said, "Oh, the stories we can tell..." and that reminded me of my favorite mafia game ever, the one that I will always remember playing and the one that challenged my brain the most, Harry Potter Mafia, played in the Blue Ajah in the WT Org.  Pete ran it.  It was good.

Long story short: I was mafia.  I got recruited to the cult.  The cult won.  I don't think I was ever voted for.  If I was, it was only once or twice total. ;D

Not really... I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think other people should be interested, or could get something from it.

That game was actually fantastic for everyone, and I remember Lily, who wasn't in the game, actually followed along and got really into it.

I suggest anyone who has access to the Great Hall in the WT Org to go to the Blue Ajah and dig up HP Mafia and read it.  I can also link to the cult and mafia QuickTopics, if you're interested.

Why?  Because one way to get better at mafia is to read game threads that you're not part of.  Formulate opinions as you read, find out if you were right, etc.

Doing stuff like that helped me a lot.  I think reading along with game threads I wasn't part of, and reading old threads of games that were over, was one thing that helped me in the HP game A LOT, as I was the most experienced player in our group of Mafia after Day 1.  And it was only my second game.

THAT'S why I said something.

No, sorry if I was coming off as being annoyed.  I forgot to add smileys in there (I usually use smileys!!!). O.o

Anyway...back on track now.

Not enough people have chimed in (I know not all have been online) for me to start formulating opinions/suspicions yet.  Bah.

But, discussion!  I'm not getting a terribly scummy vibe from anyone at the moment, although I have gotten scummy vibes from Alanna and Rey, at least.  Now, that's not to say that I think they must be mafia; unfortunately, people are perfectly capable of acting scummy without being scum.  If this wasn't the case, I think mafia would be a lot easier (in one game I was in, we the mafia were looking like we were going to lose one of our members to a lynch, but then someone removed the hammer vote and a random modkill was made; then, we were going to lose the same member the next day, but the finder himself completely derailed the lynch on her because he thought someone else was scummier, and other people agreed and lynched that player, and she was innocent--the mafia won that game with NO lost members at all).

Anyway, my point is, I've gotten a few scummy vibes, but don't have anything to work with yet, which is frustrating.

I want to know what other people are thinking, people who haven't posted yet.  Thoughts on the game, thoughts on the mafia, whatever.

• Club Leader

This is not going to help my case in this game at all, but I find it incredibly amusing. Since you asked, Meesh.....lol.

My favorite coincidence ever was one of Pete's games where I was a solo winner vigilante. I had been instrumental in getting the godfather lynched, and the next night decided to nightkill Meesh's brother, who I was sure was mafia, as well. (I wanted to get the mafia first because they had the power to nightkill me, so I saw them as my biggest threat.) The very night I killed him, he recruited me. Being one to take advantage of situations, I posted my "reveal." "Hey guys, I'm a vig (didn't mention the other two knives I had...) and I just killed CJ. So, if he flips innocent, I guess I deserve to be lynched for a bad call (which, of course, I knew he wouldn't, because I was mafia by then) but if he flips mafia, then you'll know I'm telling the truth, because how else would I know he's about to die? Well, the end result was that I was a "confirmed" innocent who proceeded to pick the town off one by one, with my partner's help. My reputation since then has been the more innocent I look, the more dangerous I probably am....lol.

See why I said this won't help my case here? But it is a great story! And that's why I said to ask Alanna. It was her first game, poor thing. I took shameless advantage of her innocence, too. Come to think of it, it was your first, too, Rey, wasn't it?

Meesh, I'd love those QT links! I loved that game!

LOL. Lily's a smart player so I'm kind of always naturally inclined to agree with her... of course, I've been trying to do that less since said game in which she was the solo winner vigilante ;) I completely trusted her to the end of that game and basically did whatever she advised. Bad idea :D

But Lily, that wasn't my first game! It was my third actually...LOL.

That game was funny... :D

HP Mafia QT

Ministry Cult QT

I have to admit, I was kind of proud of how well I handled being cult while pretending to be mafia still.  Charis ate it up, never ever suspected I was cult until she got the PM saying she'd been recruited. :D

Not that any of that game is going to help MY case, either. *ROFL*

**EDIT FOR ALANNA**

You were in my beginner game, and...WT Mafia?  You were going to be in HP Mafia, but I took over for you, I remember.  :D  I was terribly lucky you'd never even posted in the game thread, so the other players had absolutely no impression of you and your alignment, so I had no preconceived notions to deal with. :D

Yeah, HP Mafia would've been my first game, but my wisdom teeth had just been taken out and I was all woozy on painkillers. I barely remember writing Pete a PM to tell him I couldn't play LOL.

Yeah, the Beginner game was my first one. My second one was the Brown's Banned Books mafia.

Oh, duh. *facepalm*

I remembered you were in that game just a little bit ago (when I was talking about how people can seem scummy without being scum), can't believe I forgot so fast! :D

Yeah, cuz Pete went all nutso on you and was twisting your words and everything....  Man, that was a crazy game.  I hardly posted at all in that one, compared to most of the other games I've been in.

But anyway, not the point. :D

Yeah, that game was nuts! I actually posted a lot more in that game than I usually do, at the beginning, anyway. I almost quit playing mafia after that game because I had some RL stress going on and ended up taking it out on people in the game (including Pete). And I felt really bad about it later ;) But yeah, we were all convinced Pete was scum because of the way he acted, but he really wasn't. Nor was I, I might add :D

Archived