DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

i feel bad for fain. he has had a hard life.

Yeah, he's had it some bad over the years. The DO worked him over some good at SG, and then Mordeth consumed a major portion of his soul at Shadar Logoth. So Fain has had a very bad life.

You are both Darkfriends.

He chose that life. It is all his own fault.

Hey now. No need for that kinda talk. I'm not a Darkfriend. Fain just happens to be a favorite character of mine. He's more interesting to me than any of the Forsaken, who are always just flubbing things up. In a way the Forsaken are a lot like bad Mafia henchmen.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...DF talk right there. :D

Oh, he is interesting. He may end up being able to defeat the Forsaken. We haven't seen the extent of his abilities yet. 

And I think he can beat the Forsaken. They are nothing more than common lackeys at this point. You know the ones, the "nameless" security guards.

i feel bad for fain. he has had a hard life.

Yeah, he's had it some bad over the years. The DO worked him over some good at SG, and then Mordeth consumed a major portion of his soul at Shadar Logoth. So Fain has had a very bad life.

You are both Darkfriends.

He chose that life. It is all his own fault.

Hey now. No need for that kinda talk. I'm not a Darkfriend. Fain just happens to be a favorite character of mine. He's more interesting to me than any of the Forsaken, who are always just flubbing things up. In a way the Forsaken are a lot like bad Mafia henchmen.

i was being sarcastic ;D

My own theory involves the fact of the 'flaw' in Callandor, which might not really be a flaw.

My guess is this:

Callandor is a Sa'angreal not just for the Male half, but also for the TRUE power. The reason it magnified the Taint is because the Taint and the True Power were effectively identical to it.

I assume the Three Become One involves the three Powers:

Saidin.

Saidar.

The True Power.

Perhaps Rand has to use the True Power to restrain or hold back the Dark One, while using Saidin and Saidar both to seal the hole, via a link. Robert Jordan pretty much said, if I recall one interview correctly, that if just women did it then it would be Saidar that would have been tainted, and if both did, they both would have been.

So there needs to be something that keeps the Dark One from touching the Weave, thus the True Power comes into play. Via Rand's link with Moridin, he has access to the True Power most likely. So he can manage to use all three powers to push the Dark One back and repair the Bore like it never was with both the male and female powers.

That was my thinking as well when I first read the book.

However I will take it further.  I think Moridin will play somehow into this possibly, as he has some weird reflection thing going on with Rand.

Obviously, him and Rand will "flip" bodies at some point.

My own theory involves the fact of the 'flaw' in Callandor, which might not really be a flaw.

My guess is this:

Callandor is a Sa'angreal not just for the Male half, but also for the TRUE power. The reason it magnified the Taint is because the Taint and the True Power were effectively identical to it.

I assume the Three Become One involves the three Powers:

Saidin.

Saidar.

The True Power.

Perhaps Rand has to use the True Power to restrain or hold back the Dark One, while using Saidin and Saidar both to seal the hole, via a link. Robert Jordan pretty much said, if I recall one interview correctly, that if just women did it then it would be Saidar that would have been tainted, and if both did, they both would have been.

So there needs to be something that keeps the Dark One from touching the Weave, thus the True Power comes into play. Via Rand's link with Moridin, he has access to the True Power most likely. So he can manage to use all three powers to push the Dark One back and repair the Bore like it never was with both the male and female powers.

That was my thinking as well when I first read the book.

However I will take it further.  I think Moridin will play somehow into this possibly, as he has some weird reflection thing going on with Rand.

Obviously, him and Rand will "flip" bodies at some point.

Sorry mate but I think your wrong..The Dark One doesn't use The True Power he "IS" the True Power...

the reason they let him touch it is to try to entice him back to the Dark One.

to give him a taste

Said it before and I will say it again and again and again.

The TP is the very essence of the dark one. LTT was scared beyond belief in Rand's head when he Rand used it.

No good will come from the TP. The addictive aspects of it, and it's ability to change someone into what Ishy become before he died the first time (The furnace eyes and mouth are advanced form of the Saa), show that it is not a tool to be used against the dark.

It's an attempt to sway rand away from the light.

RAND: channels True Power.

DARK ONE: HEY! STOP IIIIIIIIT!

Could saidin be damaged with saidin? If one wanted to destroy saidin, could you use saidin to do it? I think not. The Dark One wont be able to be used against himself. Its like saying Im going to grab your arm and make you hit yourself til you die.

Sorry mate but I think your wrong..The Dark One doesn't use The True Power he "IS" the True Power...

to give him a taste

Why would the DO take such a HUGE gamble. I mean Rand literally would not have had any way to stop DO's re-emergence had he not accessed the TP. Why would DO let the one person who can stop him escape from certain doom on the off chance that he would turn to the shadow?

to give him a taste

Why would the DO take such a HUGE gamble. I mean Rand literally would not have had any way to stop DO's re-emergence had he not accessed the TP. Why would DO let the one person who can stop him escape from certain doom on the off chance that he would turn to the shadow?

Said it before and I will say it again and again and again.

The TP is the very essence of the dark one. LTT was scared beyond belief in Rand's head when he Rand used it.

No good will come from the TP. The addictive aspects of it, and it's ability to change someone into what Ishy become before he died the first time (The furnace eyes and mouth are advanced form of the Saa), show that it is not a tool to be used against the dark.

It's an attempt to sway rand away from the light.

If Rand uses the TP he will fall to the shadow....

Why bother taking that chance though? Rnad was already defeated at that point.

I mean how sure can DO be that Rand will turn to shadow if he uses the TP just once?

You're assuming the DO is omniscient. From the DO's perspective the situation may have been more along the lines of feeling rand, thru his connection to Moridin, scrabbling frantically for something, anything and brush against TP. Let's out some kind of resounding cheer and then give over.

Besides, even if he DID know, it's been shown time and time again that he'd rather have Rand on his side than dead. Hell, how many times have the Forsaken shown fear of that fact? I have no doubt he'd view trading Semi for the possibility of gaining Rand as an acceptable loss.

I mean how sure can DO be that Rand will turn to shadow if he uses the TP just once?

You're assuming the DO is omniscient. From the DO's perspective the situation may have been more along the lines of feeling rand, thru his connection to Moridin, scrabbling frantically for something, anything and brush against TP. Let's out some kind of resounding cheer and then give over.

Besides, even if he DID know, it's been shown time and time again that he'd rather have Rand on his side than dead. Hell, how many times have the Forsaken shown fear of that fact? I have no doubt he'd view trading Semi for the possibility of gaining Rand as an acceptable loss.

That's the thing, he didn't just trade Semi, he also traded his almost guaranteed victory(no dragon=DO win) for a mere possibility of Rand turning over?

The way the domination bands worked it would have been a constant struggle between either Semi and Rand, or with the help of whatever the Black sister's name was... an imperfect control that still would have only slowed the process. it's not a guaranteed victor.

That's the thing, he didn't just trade Semi, he also traded his almost guaranteed victory(no dragon=DO win) for a mere possibility of Rand turning over?

Im thinking this is wrong.

My theory is that the Dark One needs Rand onside, and actually loyal, like Moridin, to win, because the Dragons will affects the Pattern. If Rand became just another Forsaken, making a show of serving yet really being out for himself, then it would be a draw, like RJ said has happened in the past.

Yet if Rand served and actually wanted the Dark One to win-say, being a philosopher who thinks the only way to end the war is the Dark Ones victory, or becoming linked to one such person and have their personality seeping through-that there is the Dark Ones chance.

In Veins of Gold he almost destroyed the Pattern, but then he remembered why he didnt want that. But he came very, very close to wanting it, and that I think is about as close as the Dark One did and ever will come to winning.

To me, Min's interpretation of this prophecy (and Cadsuane's reply) hints at the fulfillment.

More specifically, Rand linking with 2 saidar channelers while using Callandor; like I posted earlier.  Since his two channeling lovers would be the ones he would trust, they would be the most probable 2.

Other likely candidates for either of the 2 might be these:  Moiraine, Nynaeve, Cadsuane, Egwene, someone from the 5 loyal Aes Sedia, some channeling Wise One.

The three that become one possiblity that has been over looked is the three faces of Rand. LTT, Mordin and rand merge and become one mega personality. Mordin was the second face that floted through rands mind on the occations where he saw another besides LTT right?

maybe it has started with the three parts of the tower uniting, there is still a third out there.(lol)

with the blade of light i think that its not a referance to calendor but to justice, rands new blade. Seeing how Hawkwing was called the hammer of the light, so it would fit that hiss sword could beconsidered a Blade of Light

The Blade of Light reference is the Sword of Callandor

The Three Becomes One is in reference to the use of Callador Two Female channellers and One male.

My choice to welled the sword at TG would Cadsuane,Moiraine,Logain Rand will act as a buffer between them and the DO.  Just as they complete the Seal before Rand is completly consumed by the TP Aliva will kill him and save him at the same time.  I think if Aliva does kill at the right time he will be imprison with the DO.

Reason I think Rand won't be part of that group welding the sword because his job is to protect them from the TP while the others seal the DO into his prison.

They will also need Two mens circles one each for Logain and Rand and Two Womans circles one for each of the woman

Just something running around in my head

• 2 weeks later...

personally i think like a few others the 3 become one will be Rand and Avi and Elayne. i dont think it means him-ltt-and moridan either since he melds w/ his past lives at the end of tgs. so it cant be that. since he no longer will have LTT's voice inside of him.

i dont feel the 3 powers can be combined. the true power is opposed to the one power. oil and water they cant be mixed like the 2 halves of the one power can be.

Moridan already said that Semi was to left as her punishment. i feel that she was sacrificed to try and flip Rand to the dark side. the DO took a chance that Rand 's connection to Moridan would open him up to being influenced. i mean just look at how his taveren was perverted by him using the true power. it no longered offered balance but caused all negative things to occur. there was no longer any balance around him.

Matt, Perrin and Rand

It's constantly been reiterated that they're bonded together, and more than once in the books it's been said that "if you knock out one leg of the tripod, all will fall down", hinting at the fact they are definitely connected

Blade of light might be referring to them being together and their ta veren powers twisting the pattern to correct it

Archived