DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, this is not the unnoticed thing. Just I haven't noticed anybody else mention it. I actually saw it for the first time because I have never reread the first books since KoD. Now that I search for clues for the unsolved problems, this was like a lightning in clear sky to me. It looks like either Callandor has the same abilities as Matt's ter'angreal or Rand actually did something with the force. To my mind, it's the second because it is said that he concentrates saidin through Callandor. But still, if this is not something forgotten, perhaps it will play some role in aMoL.

I would hope the people heading around here would read the previous posts, alas everyone continues to repeat everything, I have seen the same idea 3-4 times a page. Its exhausting really.

My theory is not based in fact, more in conjecture. I think the blade of light shall be Galad leading the children, Rand should soon realize where that neat sword he got came from and give it to him, enhance its power(if thats even nessecary) and bam the blade part is done, Galad is considered pure to a fault, and light is associated with purity for the children, and they have no current path. I unfortunately have no new opinion on the 3 becoming one, only that it isnt as simple as callandor. I mean if Rand wields it, knowing Caddys warning and his past experience with it, he knows he needs some ladies, its two birds with one stone, far too easy if ya ask me. Though now that I think about it, no one did! BWAH HA HA

Don't know that it'll be this necessarily, but I've said a bunch of time Galad still has a part to play. Definitely one I haven't heard before.

So now beside the obvious Callandor that everyone thinks (and I agree with) I've also know heard the blade as the children, and as the sword of light he wielded when he tapped the Eye.

Quick! Someone think of something outlandish to add to the list!

my theory is that callandors flaw is actually some kind of connection to the DO which cant really be controled ence the increased insanity while using it. with that in mind the trhee becoming one will be rand, logain, and some female channeler, they would all then link but when rand get verge of using a power instead of saidin he will use the TP, logain will use saidin, and the female will use saidar with rand controlling the circle. then something strange will happen because all three powers are being used at once, the TP will act as a catalyst which makes all three powers combine into a power that the DO cant taint or anything like that. then rand would procede to seal the bore and lock the DO away for a couple more ages. this theory is still a bit unrefined but fell fre to add to it

I agree with you, it is a good theory - three becoming one - saidar, saidin and True Power - maybe destroying the DO during the unification. My other theory was of Aviendha, Min and Elayne becoming one person - Ilyena reborn. Than Ilyena and Egwene helping Rand to use Callandor. Any suggestions?

Just throwing this out there again, Ilyena reborn is not possible in all 3 of Rand's girls because Robert Jordan himself said a soul cannot be split into multiple people so only 1 or none of them is Ilyena.  For my money if any of them is her its Aviendha.  The soul bears certain traits in Randland though and even though different choices can be made each rebirth, the characteristics remain and with what we see of how LTT describes Ilyena in his mad rant to Ish, she doesn't seem like any of the three in particular.  Just a thought.

Something bugs me, and I'm sorry if it's already been raised before. Callandor lacks the buffer which makes it safe to use and magnifies the taint, inducing wildness of the mind. Now that the taint is cleansed, there's no longer any wildness of mind which means Rand can keep his head and regulate the amount of saidin he's holding, and keep himself from drawing too much the same way he regulates himself when he's using saidin without angreal or sa'angreal. So what's the need for a circle now?

Something bugs me, and I'm sorry if it's already been raised before. Callandor lacks the buffer which makes it safe to use and magnifies the taint, inducing wildness of the mind. Now that the taint is cleansed, there's no longer any wildness of mind which means Rand can keep his head and regulate the amount of saidin he's holding, and keep himself from drawing too much the same way he regulates himself when he's using saidin without angreal or sa'angreal. So what's the need for a circle now?

I look at it this way. When channeling under his own power it's instinctual what he can and can't do, and if he draws too much there's the pain as a warning. On a Sa'angreal though, or even an angreal how would you know where the limit is? You don't know the strength of an angreal until it's used. Look at the discritions used when Rand used the Choedan Kal. Callandor isn't as strong as those, but even in comparison, if the choedan Kal were without a buffer do you think that Rand would have been able to distinguish the line between "safe" and way to much without a buffer?

Callandor without the buffer is extremely dangerous. Possibly moreso now without the taint, because it offers an illusion of saftey, that could in a moment, without warning burn you out or kill you from drawing slightly to much.

I disagree with this. First off, we know Rand and the Ashaman are still damaged by the Taint-they just wont get any worse. Second, the flaw in Callandor is still there, meaning they are all as likely to go wild as they were before. Give Rand Callandor, and he will behave exactly as he did before, because both factors that made him do so are still there.

Thats what I think. The only question is, did they go wild straight after channeling through the Taint? I would say no, keeping Taims introduction in mind. Rand didnt channel IIRC, Lews Therin didnt take over because he can tell when that happens, yet still Rand went all wildminded and nearly broke the seal Tai gave him

Ed, read again, I don't think she is reborn...lol, just that if she is that it is Avi if any of the three, basically I don't think she is reborn tho, if anything she is reborn in Egwene's mom Mistress Al'vere.

Interesting thought. Marin does have all the qualities that Ilyena was described to have had. Something to think on.

Lews Therin believed that the Dark One needed to be touched before the Bore could be fixed. The reason saidin was tainted was because it was used to touch the Dark One. Perhaps Callandor, when used in a circle, protects the channelers and the one power from any backlash. In this way, a circle of one man and three women could use the One Power to touch the Dark One and not have to worry about such a backlash. That's not to say the people of the Age of Legends expected the taint, exactly, but that they understood that touching the Dark One could have some dangerous ramifications, at least for the people touching. So the circle wielding Callandor touches the Dark One, while the other circles were supposed to have set up the seals.

But no women would help Lews Therin.

Yeah Walrus, glad you like it...lol maybe she is and therefore making Egwene the offspring of Ilyena reborn.  We know from the Accepted test and I think from the portal stones(not positive on that one) that Egwene and Rand getting together is bad idea.  So maybe her being reborn in Mistress al'Vere, that generational gap causes the fate of LTT reborn ala Rand to avoid the fate of killing his loved ones again.  I just thought and put together all of that just now so feel free to dismiss it as just fun discussion. hahah.

Yeah Walrus, glad you like it...lol maybe she is and therefore making Egwene the offspring of Ilyena reborn.  We know from the Accepted test and I think from the portal stones(not positive on that one) that Egwene and Rand getting together is bad idea.  So maybe her being reborn in Mistress al'Vere, that generational gap causes the fate of LTT reborn ala Rand to avoid the fate of killing his loved ones again.   I just thought and put together all of that just now so feel free to dismiss it as just fun discussion. hahah.

Pretty damn good for on the fly, sir. Hey sometimes things that seem good are actually bad for you. And i kinda agree with you now after some thought, that none of Rand's harem of women are Ilyena reborn.

Ed, read again, I don't think she is reborn...lol, just that if she is that it is Avi if any of the three, basically I don't think she is reborn tho, if anything she is reborn in Egwene's mom Mistress Al'vere.

lol...sorry...I was bored....

Ilyena cooked? :P

Archived