DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

I must admit to having not read this whole thread, but has anyone suggested, the three become one is rand managing to weave all three powers at the same time to close the darkone's prison. we know he needs to be in a circle to control calandor properly. This would give him access to Saidar, he already has woven the female half of the power to clease the taint. he being the dragon has access to saidin, and he can channel the true power thanks to the heavy handed antics of Semirhage. So he may be able to use everything (3 to 1) to seal the bore for good.

I believe this would need one person drawing saidin, one saidar and one True Power so Rand can weave all three simultaneously. Rand can fill himself with saidin or TP, but he will need a source of saidar - linking with a female channeler - and a problem will be the second channeler of saidin or TP wich must be female for a "Callandor's circle".

Edit:

Some controversy: - at Shadar Logoth, Cadsuane about Choedan Kal:

"One of those sa'angreal is made for a woman," she said coolly. "Who do you propose to use that? Or do these keys allow you to draw on both yourself?"

So, there could be a ter'angreal - could it be Callandor - wich allow a channeler to draw from both sources of OP.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He shared a Rand's dream? It seem so, Perrin is not even a channeler or maybe Callandor is more than a sa'angreal.

He shared Rand's dream because Rand did not know how to shield his dreams.

Every Aes Sedai shields her dreams because channelers unknowingly project their dreams on others while asleep.

Moiraine was a little (shocked?) that the Forsaken didn't shield their dreams in Illian and Tear (though by that time, Rand was there too).

im pretty confident that three becomes one is about the three powers

think about it, what went wrong last time? LLT had to weild saidin on its own, saidin had to touch the DO and his prison, leading to the taint on saidin

If rand already holds the true source (directly from the DO) then this could be simpler. the saidin channeler will definately definately be Narishma, remember "for he who pulls out the blade will follow after" and he is rand's most trusted male channeling companion. saidar - moraine...he cannot suceed without her, maybe this is why?

OK, I know I've said this before,but seriously people, how is using the TP in anyway ever going to be a good idea? The bore was created for the TP.

The TP is the essence of the Dark One, maybe literally IS the DO. It changes people, with the Saa, and their advanced form being the flaming eyes and Mouth of Ishy.

LTT in Rands brain was revolted at the very idea of it's use, and as LTT is Rand, that means he himself thought it was an incredibly bad idea to even use it.

HE has access, and I fully expect it to play a role... but assuming that it's somehow an answer to problems... I don't think so. It's more likely to create new problems.

How else can the Bore be sealed if neither saidin nor saidar are allowed to touch the Dark One, and you have to touch the Dark One to seal the Bore?  I see no other resolution to that problem than the use of TP.

Padan Fains power

Padan Fains power will have something to do with the conclusion but I think that the True Source is what will be used to seal the bore.  It is this power that created the bore in the first place.  The flaw in Calandor could be that Rand is able to be the one that controls the flows in a circle of three and the flows he channels could be the True Source.

Thinking outside the box, Rand holds Calandor by himself(blade of light) and then somehow thru Calandor's flaw Rand, Matt and Perin can become one, being ta'varen, and are able to use this, the pattern, to recreate the bore without the use of either Saidin or Saidar and there isn't the possibilty of a counterstroke tainting.  I apologize if someone else has come up with this theory, I followed the entire thread but don't recall this exactly.

How else can the Bore be sealed if neither saidin nor saidar are allowed to touch the Dark One, and you have to touch the Dark One to seal the Bore?  I see no other resolution to that problem than the use of TP.

Padan Fains power

That's what I think too.

It's already been shown that Shadar logoth's evil can destroy the dark one's evil, and they contrast each other-like in rand's injury, or during the cleansing of Saidin.

How it will happen is another matter.

Personally I think Fain will fight, and possibly kill, Shaidar Aran.

He's already shown his powers can affect Myrdraals, and Shaidar Aran can stop channelers from even feeling the source, which makes Fain the only one who could fight him.

As for using the TP against the Dark One, I have my doubts that they can use his own power against himself.

Padan Fains power

That's what I think too.

It's already been shown that Shadar logoth's evil can destroy the dark one's evil, and they contrast each other-like in rand's injury, or during the cleansing of Saidin.

He's already shown his powers can affect Myrdraals, and Shaidar Aran can stop channelers from even feeling the source, which makes Fain the only one who could fight him.

Exactly what I think. Nice one dude.

He can still be attacked from a distance, Like Rand almost did to the Borderlanders.  And Fain has to physically touch something in order to affect it, doesn't he?  I thought that was mentioned when he was messing with that kid and his mom.  I don't think it's possible to touch the DO or the Bore physically, which is why the three Powers will be needed.

I want Fain and Slayer to fight, anyway. :)  Not that it will happen.  Slayer is obviously going to be Perrin's job.

Padan Fains power

That's what I think too.

Exactly what I think. Nice one dude.

We aren't really sure what SH can do to non-DF channellers ..

I don't know how the Bore is gonna be sealed, and I get the reason people think that it HAS to be the answer since the OP can't do it. Look at the other theme's in the story. Mashadar, The Shador Logoth/Fain/Mordeth evil exists because of a people who attempted to use the tactics of the shadow against the shadow, and in doing so, became something just as bad, if not in ways, worse.

TP is another instance where you have this tool of the dark that seems like a wonderful answer. The price is too high though.

I was just reading The Dragon Reborn. Tell me, what makes an impression in this passage?

As if to answer him, a blazing shaft like the one Moiraine had made shot out of the shadows among the columns, straight toward his chest. His wrist twisted the sword instinctively; it was instinct as much as anything else that made him loose flows from saidin into Callandor, a flood of the Power that made the sword blaze brighter even than that bar streaking at him. His uncertain balance between existence and destruction wavered. Surely that torrent would consume him.

The shaft of light struck the blade of Callandor - and parted on its edge, forking to stream past on either side. He felt his coat singe from its near passage, smelled the wool beginning to burn. Behind him, the two prongs of frozen fire, of liquid light, struck huge redstone columns; where they struck, stone ceased to exist, and the burning bars bored through to other columns, serving those instantaneously as well. The Heart of the Stone rumbled as columns fell and shattered in clouds of dust, sprays of stone fragments. What fell into the light, however, simply was not, anymore.

A snarl of rage came from the shadows, and the blazing shaft of pure white heat vanished.

Rand swung Callandor as if he were striking at something in front of him. The white light obscuring the blade extended, blazed ahead, and sheared through the redstone column that hid the snarl. The polished stone sliced like silk. The severed column trembled; part of it tore loose and dropped from the ceiling, smashing into huge, jagged chunks on the floor. As the rumbling faded, he heard beyond it the sound of boots on stone. Running.

Callandor at the ready, Rand hurried after Ba’alzamon.

Callandor is a defensive weapon against balefire!

I was just reading The Dragon Reborn. Tell me, what makes an impression in this passage?

As if to answer him, a blazing shaft like the one Moiraine had made shot out of the shadows among the columns, straight toward his chest. His wrist twisted the sword instinctively; it was instinct as much as anything else that made him loose flows from saidin into Callandor, a flood of the Power that made the sword blaze brighter even than that bar streaking at him. His uncertain balance between existence and destruction wavered. Surely that torrent would consume him.

The shaft of light struck the blade of Callandor - and parted on its edge, forking to stream past on either side. He felt his coat singe from its near passage, smelled the wool beginning to burn. Behind him, the two prongs of frozen fire, of liquid light, struck huge redstone columns; where they struck, stone ceased to exist, and the burning bars bored through to other columns, serving those instantaneously as well. The Heart of the Stone rumbled as columns fell and shattered in clouds of dust, sprays of stone fragments. What fell into the light, however, simply was not, anymore.

A snarl of rage came from the shadows, and the blazing shaft of pure white heat vanished.

Rand swung Callandor as if he were striking at something in front of him. The white light obscuring the blade extended, blazed ahead, and sheared through the redstone column that hid the snarl. The polished stone sliced like silk. The severed column trembled; part of it tore loose and dropped from the ceiling, smashing into huge, jagged chunks on the floor. As the rumbling faded, he heard beyond it the sound of boots on stone. Running.

Callandor at the ready, Rand hurried after Ba’alzamon.

Callandor is a defensive weapon against balefire!

it seems to me that Callandor is in the same league as heartstone.

Archived