DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

@ Feliasgrimm

I don't think Elza is a good example.  She decided Rand had to live because of the compulsion Verin put on her.  Verin's cobbled compulsion requires the victim to come up with her own reasons for doing what Verin wants her to do.  Elza's mind came up with, "Rand must be killed by GLotD at TG, so cannot die beforehand."

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole theory with saidar and saidin vanishing looks good but... how does one call the thing that Rand did when he cleansed saidin? How do you call the Power that he used? I know that he made the syphon out of saidar (it is curious that Jordan emphasized on 'clean saidar'.. maybe now saidar is tainted) but he channeled both saidar and saidin. I kind of think that he merged them... If he used only saidar, why the hell did he have to seize saidin as well? It isn't making any sense at all to me... I understand that he had to seize saidar in order to connect in a circle with Nyn but he could have done that without seizing saidin through the CK. The way I get it, he embraced saidar to create the filter and seized saidin in order to make it (saidin) go through the filter.

If he somehow connected saidar and saidin, then this means there are four Powers O.o

1. Saidar

2. Saidin

3. Saidar + Saidin

4. True Power

It doesn't look like three Powers. If that's the case, then Three Become One doesn't refer to the Power.

I don't think Saidar is tainted.

He said it was clean, because it was. And Saidin wasn't.

If he 'kinda merged them' we would have seen the effects already.

It doesn't refer to it in either scenario.

I think you are just fishing for something here. Quite frankly, I think the 'merging' is absurd. The whole story line there was aimed at cleaning Saidin. And it happened.

If something went wrong or unexpected, I am sure we would know.

I don't think Saidar is tainted.

He said it was clean, because it was. And Saidin wasn't.

If he 'kinda merged them' we would have seen the effects already.

It doesn't refer to it in either scenario.

I think you are just fishing for something here. Quite frankly, I think the 'merging' is absurd. The whole story line there was aimed at cleaning Saidin. And it happened.

If something went wrong or unexpected, I am sure we would know.

In fact, we do know of side effects O.o Everybody seems to take for granted the the DO's touch is the thing that causes saidar's protective measures to fail O.o Take a good look at the WT.

Look, if saidar were tainted there would be some PoV that mentioned it by now. Every single time Rand embraces the source (almost) pre-cleansing there is some remark about the "oily taint" of The Dark One on saidin making his stomach clench. It stands to reason that the taint wouldn't just hide in saidar and none of the 100 other main characters that channel saidar wouldn't have mentioned some difference in it by now.

Can we put an end to that line of thought already? I know saidin and saidar are different, but they aren't THAT different.

The reason why saidar is "failing" is because the DO is getting more power in the world.

Reality is warping and the pattern is being stretched all sorts of ways.

Craell, I don't see how you don't understand it, but w/e. They are both clean. As long as you know that. ;)

Lews Therin says it was a mistake to use his Hundred Companions because it caused him to touch Saidin to the Dark One, which caused the taint.  Or something to that effect.  So it'd be a bad idea to touch Saidin or Saidar to the Dark One.  Makes sense that he'd have to use Callandor(now the most powerful sa'angreal, right?) with the True Power in order to seal the Dark One's prison back up.  Makes use of women, huge amounts of power, and something that can touch the Dark One without becoming tainted.

So I'm with the TP being involve with this thing, and women in the circle to direct the weaving, but what would be the purpose of Saidin and Saidar in the weaving through Callandor if they aren't allowed to touch the Dark One lest they be tainted?

Lews Therin says it was a mistake to use his Hundred Companions because it caused him to touch Saidin to the Dark One, which caused the taint.  Or something to that effect.  So it'd be a bad idea to touch Saidin or Saidar to the Dark One.  Makes sense that he'd have to use Callandor(now the most powerful sa'angreal, right?) with the True Power in order to seal the Dark One's prison back up.  Makes use of women, huge amounts of power, and something that can touch the Dark One without becoming tainted.

So I'm with the TP being involve with this thing, and women in the circle to direct the weaving, but what would be the purpose of Saidin and Saidar in the weaving through Callandor if they aren't allowed to touch the Dark One lest they be tainted?

I would be ironic if the very power of the DO was used to kick his ass. What an undoing.

MYSTERY SOLVED MYSTERY SOLVED MYSTERY SOLVED MYSTERY SOLVED

I found this last night by accident in The Dragon Reborn.

Chapter 4, Shadow Sleeping

'Three threads woven together share one another’s doom. When one is cut, all are.'

Unless this is merely a coincidence (in which I do not believe), the 'three' that must 'become one' are Perrin, Matt and Rand. End of discussion  ;D

'Three threads woven together share one another’s doom. When one is cut, all are.'

Unless this is merely a coincidence (in which I do not believe), the 'three' that must 'become one' are Perrin, Matt and Rand. End of discussion  ;D

It just means that the boys lives are tied to one another. If one dies, everything fails. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

The prophecy in question refers to 3 becoming one and is used in conjecture with the Blade of Light. There is ONLY ONE Blade of Light I know of, Callandor. It takes 3 folk to make it serve it's max potential. 2 women and 1 guy. I believe that 1 guy to be Rand, and the 2 women to be either of these combination. Avi and Alivia or Caddy and Olivia. I really lean towards Caddy and Alivia because Cadsuane is fixing to kick it in her old age and Alivia is supposed to help Rand die.

Unless this is merely a coincidence (in which I do not believe), the 'three' that must 'become one' are Perrin, Matt and Rand. End of discussion  ;D

It just means that the boys lives are tied to one another. If one dies, everything fails. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

The prophecy in question refers to 3 becoming one and is used in conjecture with the Blade of Light. There is ONLY ONE Blade of Light I know of, Callandor. It takes 3 folk to make it serve it's max potential. 2 women and 1 guy. I believe that 1 guy to be Rand, and the 2 women to be either of these combination. Avi and Alivia or Caddy and Olivia. I really lean towards Caddy and Alivia because Cadsuane is fixing to kick it in her old age and Alivia is supposed to help Rand die.

I believe Cads said that Callador doesn't have the buffer other An'greal and Sa'angreal have and because of this it causes surges of insanity - basically Rand trying to heal the dead and the friendly fire incident in PoD - that the only safe way it could be used by a man(while the taint was still an issue) was via linking with two women.

I believe we might be overlooking something, if we go back to Rand's experiences in the history channel in Rhuidein, isn't one of the memories of the Aiel exodus at its very beginning and of a group of Aes Sedai sending them out while Callandor and the dragon banner lie on the table and they drop hints at the creation of tEotW, i also got the idea Fortelling was involved in someway. Perhaps some kind of fortelling of the dragon needing the sword that is not a sword and i don't believe killing Ishamael with it was the real fulfillment.

I also got the impression Cads had given it to someone to investigate it as she believed it had secrets, this came up while Min was discussing the whole Blade of light/three become one problem and so i'd go with the idea that its more than a simple Sa'angreal and it will allow the three ta'veren to become one and amplify their twisting of the pattern immensely.

Moiraine also said that being Ta'veren could be their margin of victory at Tarmon Gaidon and once suggest could cause the pattern to weave the Dark One out of influence.

I believe Cads said that Callador doesn't have the buffer other An'greal and Sa'angreal have and because of this it causes surges of insanity - basically Rand trying to heal the dead and the friendly fire incident in PoD - that the only safe way it could be used by a man(while the taint was still an issue) was via linking with two women.

the lack of a buffer makes it very dangerous tobe used w/o women b/c a man risks stilling or killing himself by overdrawing. rand seems tobe able to "walk the knifes edge" and overdrawing doesnt seem to effect him the way it would if he wasnt the dragon or Ta'veren.

Whatever :/ I hope the caps didn't leap you in the eye. :/ After all, this is a discussion thread. Personally, I think what I found in the third book is just a coincidence. The blade of light is not mentioned but Min said that when Rand, Matt and Perrin are together a light is trying to fill the dark and the dark is trying to consume the light. It's not necessary to find the clues for any prophecy in one sentence. It could be anything.

Perin's dream

tDR ch4

He walked toward it and put out his hand, as he had done each time before. He clearly remembered doing it. The hilt hung there in front of his face, within easy reach. A foot from the shining sword, his hand splayed out against empty air as if it had touched stone. As he had known it would. He pushed harder, but he might as well have been shoving against a wall. The sword turned and sparkled, a foot away and as far out of reach as if on the other side of an ocean.

Callandor. He was not certain whether the whisper came inside his head or out; it seemed to echo ‘round the columns, as soft as the wind, everywhere at once, insistent. Callandor. Who wields me wields destiny. Take me, and begin the final journey.

He shared a Rand's dream? It seem so, Perrin is not even a channeler or maybe Callandor is more than a sa'angreal.

"Three shall become one" could mean the union of the paths of ta'veren. Until now they were on "individual missions", it's the time that three ways shall unite to one. Perrin is on the way to join Rand and Mat still has some missions to fulfill, but neither have a 'connexion' with Callandor, or, i repeat myself, Callandor is more than a sa'angreal (no prove for that other than Perrin's dream in tDR ch4).

Is there a Blade of Darkness? I mean the 'good guys and girls' have so many nice stuffs... Probably the Blade of Light is Callandor so i'm rambling around...

I must admit to having not read this whole thread, but has anyone suggested, the three become one is rand managing to weave all three powers at the same time to close the darkone's prison. we know he needs to be in a circle to control calandor properly. This would give him access to Saidar, he already has woven the female half of the power to clease the taint. he being the dragon has access to saidin, and he can channel the true power thanks to the heavy handed antics of Semirhage. So he may be able to use everything (3 to 1) to seal the bore for good.

Archived