DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blade of Light, Three Become One. (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume the Three Become One involves the three Powers:

Saidin.

Saidar.

The True Power.

Had not thought of that. I like it. I like it a lot.

There are two Powers:

The One Power is the force that maintains the continuous motion of the Wheel of Time. It comes from the True Source, and it is separated into two halves: saidin, the male half, and saidar, the female half. Saidin and saidar work both with and against each other to drive the Wheel of Time.

The True Power comes directly from the Dark One. Both men and women wield the same aspect of the True Power. The True Power can be used to do things that are impossible with the One Power, such as step outside of space and time. There is evidence in the WoT books would suggest strongly that it is a destructive force, inimical to the Pattern.

Could become three if we add "the dark powers of Mordeth".

Edit:

Could someone weave saidin, saidar and True Power togheter?

It's a speculation, but i think that the taint on saidin was a bit of TP.

We know how "friendly" was Mashadar with the taint, but how "friendly" will be OP with TP?

I assume the Three Become One involves the three Powers:

Saidin.

Saidar.

The True Power.

Had not thought of that. I like it. I like it a lot.

one problem:  the DO could still just taint all 3 and the world would be screwed.

True Power comes directly from the Dark One.

Edit (from wikia):

Evidence suggests that the True Power was the "unified power source" that Mierin and Beidomon were trying to tap into when the Sharom was destroyed and the Bore into the Dark One's prison was created. Perhaps this suggests that the One Power's energy, which was used to drill the Bore into the Dark One's realm, cannot mingle with that of the True Power; perhaps the resulting explosion that destroyed the research center of Sharom was because both Powers, One and True, could not stand being joined together, and, like magnetic forces, repulsed each other in such a magnitude that it caused the destruction. This may be cause for speculation that the True Power and the One Power cannot mix in any way without terrible consequences: indeed, the raw amount of power that was needed to be drawn from the True Source to drill the Bore could not safely be intertwined with any other form of energy, even the black forces of the Dark One, with out some kind of consequence.

I saw that they talked about Callandor again on the previous page so I decided to ask my question relating to the issue raised in the previous page. I too have thought of the question 'Is Callandor now safe to wield' but people from the forum of the publish house that publishes the books of the WoT think that Callandor does not increase the tain. Their justification is that, when Cadsuane told Rand about Callandor's defect, she said that it 'might' be increasing the taint. Therefore, they think that this is a way of Cadsuane to manipulate Rand into working with women. I cannot post the exact passage because I'm using an Internet provider that's blocking most of the web sites but if someone does it instead of me, I think that you all will be able to see what I'm talking about. The passage is in the seventh book, a couple of chapters before Rand and Min going to the camp of the Charienien rebels. This is the first time Rand meets Cadsuane.

So, I am asking you all - is Callandor really increasing the taint or is it just truth, accepted on what we think we know from the books?

I posted this once, but I can't find it right now.

I don't remember her saying 'might'.

It is the second time he meets her actually. I believe she went into his room and called him a rude boy or something.

I believe it did, and that why Rand messed up his attack on the Seanchan. I think that is accepted.

So, I am asking you all - is Callandor really increasing the taint or is it just truth, accepted on what we think we know from the books?

"It is flawed," she replied curtly, "lacking the buffer that makes other sa'angreal safe to use. And it apparently magnifies the taint, inducing wildness of the mind. So long as a man is using it, anyway. The only safe way for you to use The Sword That Is Not a Sword, the only way to use it without the risk of killing yourself, or trying to do the Light alone knows what insanity, is linked with two women, and one of them guiding the flows."

That was before the Cleansing of saidin, after Cleansing of saidin the taint is gone.

I'm so amazed of idea that i'll steal :-[ it from <13 depository>:

Of course, Rand could use Callandor with two women and also “be as one” with Mat and Perrin. That would make five combating the Dark One, with males and females involved, and five just happens to be the number of humanity (see Number Symbolism essay). If the two women linked with Rand are Egwene and Nynaeve, then all five Emond’s Fielders (renowned as a stubborn and resistant people) would be the ones to hold back the Dark One’s attempts to destroy the Pattern. This seems most appropriate and brings the Story full circle.

The translation of the passage in my language is more like 'might' but thanks for the quote. Nevertheless, 'apparently' is still not an affirmation of that statement - also, Cadsuane could be wrong. The point here is that Rand does not go wild while wielding Callandor in tSR. He just felt allpowerful because of the amount saidin he was holding. However, the events that took place in Ebou Dar (meaning Elayne's unweaving of the Gate and the Sea Folks using the ter'angreal for the weather) seem to be more of a reason for Rand's crazyness when he used Callandor against Seanchan. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of that theory, it's just that I feel like I'm missing something that can actually rebut it.

Greetings to everybody,

i don't know if this has already passed (i didn't read the whole 28 pages!) but i think that the prophecy:

He shall hold a blade of light in his hands, and the three shall be one.

occurred at the end of the book!  :D

It all refers to the Dragon Reborn and nobody else!

The three is nothing more than the three personalities that Rand has been showing of late:

1. The hard part of Rand.

2. The "little quite voice in his head" (the caring Part)

3. The Insane Part (played by L.T.T.)

The blade of light does not refer to Callandor at all! It refers to the Source wielded by the sa'angreal.

This happens at the end of the book, where Rand holds the source as a blade of light, ready to kill the world, and not the Dark One!

Then is when he finds himself, and he is one again (himself)! (and is referred so at the end).

I was thinking about how alivia would help Rand die and although i dont like the idea that rand wont bemaking the weaves of the dark ones prison but if alivia is puliing saidin from rand because theres no buffer she can take a rediculus amount from him that would kill or burn him out but take way more saidin than he normally could. But i don't believe this prophecy is about just two women and rand using callendor i think there is something else about it that we dont yet know

Isn't the point of using it w/ 2 women so you don't burn yourself out?

If Rand overchannels, apparently he can wield as much One Power as he did curing saidin.  Normally you can't overchannel + use a sa'angreal, but with Callandor you could.  Do you think that means, at the cost of killing himself, Rand could wield more One Power with Callandor than he even could with the CK?

ya thats what I was getting at because at one point he thinks to himself when hes on dragonmount that he had only pulled in this much power twice before once when he was cleansing saidin and when LTT killed himself so while using callendor and going all out on it i figure he could probably uses as much if not more than when he used the CK

I saw that they talked about Callandor again on the previous page so I decided to ask my question relating to the issue raised in the previous page. I too have thought of the question 'Is Callandor now safe to wield' but people from the forum of the publish house that publishes the books of the WoT think that Callandor does not increase the tain. Their justification is that, when Cadsuane told Rand about Callandor's defect, she said that it 'might' be increasing the taint. Therefore, they think that this is a way of Cadsuane to manipulate Rand into working with women. I cannot post the exact passage because I'm using an Internet provider that's blocking most of the web sites but if someone does it instead of me, I think that you all will be able to see what I'm talking about. The passage is in the seventh book, a couple of chapters before Rand and Min going to the camp of the Charienien rebels. This is the first time Rand meets Cadsuane.

I don't think there is a "flaw"!  I think Callandor is the True Source and is an offensive weapon vs the Dark One and anything that's created for him.

I've posted this before.  I think that the only "flaw" is that Callandor can only be used against shadowspawn.  Because it's the True Source, Rand feels like he can do anything(trying to bring the girl back from the dead).  It also leaves him feeling like he could draw too much, this being a side effect from using TS similar to going mad using TP.  I also think that with Callandor, Rand has the "knockout punch" he needs to wipe ALL shadowspawn off of Randland.

These to me would be the most probable interpretations:

-Rand linking with 2 other channelers while holding Callandor; likely both saidar, and likely they being his 2 channeling lovers.

-Callandor becoming permanently stuck to his hands.

That first one being the more likely of the two.

Greetings to everybody,

i don't know if this has already passed (i didn't read the whole 28 pages!) but i think that the prophecy:

He shall hold a blade of light in his hands, and the three shall be one.

occurred at the end of the book!  :D

It all refers to the Dragon Reborn and nobody else!

The three is nothing more than the three personalities that Rand has been showing of late:

1. The hard part of Rand.

2. The "little quite voice in his head" (the caring Part)

3. The Insane Part (played by L.T.T.)

The blade of light does not refer to Callandor at all! It refers to the Source wielded by the sa'angreal.

This happens at the end of the book, where Rand holds the source as a blade of light, ready to kill the world, and not the Dark One!

Then is when he finds himself, and he is one again (himself)! (and is referred so at the end).

This is also my opinion.  The three that must be as one are the three parts of Rand.  However, I checked Veings of Gold and I could not find a descrption at that time of the Access Key being a "blade of light", though I am sure I have read it described as such before.  Also, the image I have in my head of that chapter, it seems to imply that as Rand holds the Access Key it is indeed as a blade of light.

Regards,

Jon Paul.

TGS ch48

He shall hold a blade of light in his hands, and the three shall be one…

This is a deja-vue:

TEotW ch51

His (Rand's) sword was in his hand. Not the heron-mark blade, but a blade of light, a blade of the Light

There and then from the three ta'veren a one Dragon Reborn has been proved.

Edit:

It's a "B. Sanderson prophecy" and apparently B. Sanderson needs this prophecy for a "Callandor's Circle".

I think the thing with Callandor is that it was made without a buffer so that the user would be forced to be in a circle with 2 other women because in a circle is how you are supposed to use Callandor because in a circle it is indeed more powerful then the Choedan Kal.

Could it be that Callandors unbuffered state allows an unlimited ammount of channelers to link? With the restriction that two women must be present and one of them in control of course

I don't think it is the buffer that limit's it. Just Channeling Physics. :-\

Or something. :P

Archived