DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

I edit my post as I realise some part could be interpreted the wrong way, and thus, a bit rude maybe...

You realise I've already done that? It's stuck at the top of the board, under 'Big Unnoticed Things Theory Compilation'.

WHAT??? REALLY?? :)

I know, but it might be better for me to re-read them. I think it's always better to do things by yourself

(well, I can't imagine I'm saying that to the guy that can pick every sentence from the book and say the page and the book in which it appears and is building gigantic theories to which I agree with 3 out of four :D)

So I'm going on my own way, and going to see what come of it. It's not a critic, but I always thought there was something missing in the compilation thread, don't know what or why... so let's see if there are some thing  missing or if I'm just starting to go insane...

I prefer to have a partner (generally a little younger than myself, and female)...

Yeah, for this type of activity, this type of partner is far more better. But I hope you understood I didn't mean that at first. And it's true that even when doing things by yourself, sometime help is needed (no, I'm NOT talking about it, birtikidis!).

And I realized for my re-read that I didn't have the books with me... They stayed where I lived previously, so I won't be able to check for myself... But I found the mon my phone as free e-books on an android apps.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just rereading myself and i believe i have fond some things that may have been missed, for one mats dice although the VERY first time we see it is in book three at the end when he blows up the ston e of tear, but it was truly introduced during the next few books as an actually feeling.  the other thing i noticed is the gholam, it is mentioned by the forsaken in book four i believe, and is even better introduced in book six when i believe it kills hared fel, then in book 7 it attacks mat, book 8,9,10,11, and 12 i am fairly certain it is mentioned as continually following mat, as well.  not sure if they are mentioned in lacanos' compilation or not, jusgt found em today though.

Both of those have been discussed to death in these forums and I'm sure on others. I can only speak to this one though as it's the only one I'm a member of. Still though, there's virtually no way BS could have overlooked the discussion on those two topics.

Hi, I'm new here, and I just found out that there is supposdly a big unoticed thing. What are the best theories so far?

If you want a recap of the theories without reading all 276 pages on this topic, go to the thread stuck at the top of this board (one of the ones in bold) that's called "The Big Unnoticed Thing Theory Compilation" that Luckers has kindly put together for us. In there you'll find summaries of all the viable theories that have been discussed, and some points for/against each of them.

Hi, I'm new here, and I just found out that there is supposdly a big unoticed thing. What are the best theories so far?

If you want a recap of the theories without reading all 276 pages on this topic, go to the thread stuck at the top of this board (one of the ones in bold) that's called "The Big Unnoticed Thing Theory Compilation" that Luckers has kindly put together for us. In there you'll find summaries of all the viable theories that have been discussed, and some points for/against each of them.

Yeah, you can do that too I guess..

I believe the BUT is the box. Rand was locked in a box by the WT embassy in book 6. In book 9 he was emprissoned in Far Madding and he remembers that as "locked in a box." In almost every book since book 6 the box was mentioned. In TGS it's mentioned at least 6 times.

Besides, the DO is locked in a box as well. Min tells Rand he has to destroy the seals. That would mean he has to free the DO and that would be really plot-changing.

Besides, the DO is locked in a box as well. Min tells Rand he has to destroy the seals. That would mean he has to free the DO and that would be really plot-changing.

Close but not quite accurate...  Rand has to break the remaining seals so the bore is no longer 'patched' and then (somehow) make the prison whole again, as it was when it was made by the creator, not just re-patch it. 

That is to say, this is the theory as laid out by Herrod Fel when he was explaining the theoretical operation of the wheel of time's turning.  He further explained how since the DO's prison was whole at the beginning of the wheels's turning and at some point in the current cycle it must somehow be made whole again and not just 'patched' as it was in the AoL.

Close but not quite accurate...  Rand has to break the remaining seals so the bore is no longer 'patched' and then (somehow) make the prison whole again, as it was when it was made by the creator, not just re-patch it. 

That is to say, this is the theory as laid out by Herrod Fel when he was explaining the theoretical operation of the wheel of time's turning.  He further explained how since the DO's prison was whole at the beginning of the wheels's turning and at some point in the current cycle it must somehow be made whole again and not just 'patched' as it was in the AoL.

Right.  The bore is a tear in the pattern to reach a new power which is now known as the DO.  LTT put a band aid over the bore but the band aid is peeling off due to the DO's picking at the wound.  To fix bore it needs to be treated and healed properly thus the band aid must come off first.

The whole thing behind the story is that the bore needs to be sealed and sealed right.  It will never be sealed like the creator did, IF the creator sealed him away entirely in the first place.  It just needs to be sealed good this time so that we can have all the ages that came before that will come again gone through, just not a few before this happens like we currently are at.  People need that time and peace to forget the dark one, so that he can appear again to complete the next cycle of the wheel.  Heh, I guess we are both saying the same thing, but using different words.

Well technically Herid Fel contradicted himself.  The bit about the rubble was a hint he believed he was close to a resolution.  I mean we all know that but it makes discussing what we know of his theories odd.  I think it may be that Rand recreating the seal as it was just before the bore impossible within his, or anyone elses lifetime.  Instead he just has to do enough to help put the world on the road to a sustainable recovery, even if it's slow and painful.  And it'll be that progression over so many years and ages that rebuilds the prison.

Ah, but I want to know what you think :P

I've been trying to approach this from a slightly different perspective recently - thinking of small items (like the Vin earring supposedly although I haven't read Mistborn yet)and creating a list of them so I can think a bit more on their significance as I continue my reread through (currently on book 10 and have never actually read book 11 OR 12 yet  :-[).

What I have so far:

- Rand's arm Dragons, appeared in book 4 and have served no real purpose other than showing off that he's the DR.

- Chora Trees, also appeared in book 4-6ish and have been commented on infrequently since by Forsaken exclaiming that a city without chora trees is like a desert etc...

- Silverpike, a passage in CoT just struck me where Egwene mentioned that she really must see these fish that Siuan keeps going on about. I think this only appears once we start getting more and more of Siuan's perspectives so this may count

- The Sa'Sara - maybe some crazy form of compulsion vaguely similar to Lucker's song post?

- Mat's foxy ring (definitely the Tamyrlin ring! C'mon!). But that was introduced in book 7, possibly mentioned in book 1(I think) and thus doesn't fit the criteria

- Mat's hat, too obvious and I've seen it discussed to death in this thread

- Peaches, but that was book 9 and I've seen that discussed before

- Something to do with the Morgase storyline that validates all the time I've spent reading it >< like Lini, I think something's up with her.

- The travels of Jain Farstrider, but introduced in book 1 and waaayyy to obvious.

- Kin Tovere's eyepieces, the telescopes are mentioned throughout. Maybe they'll see Demandred hiding on the moon?

- Why do they all insist on drinking warm wine? With cloves no less! Waste of perfectly good wine in my opinion.

I hate to say it, but the watchers in TAR may be the best bet so far - but I don't know if that's face slappingly obvious. Obviously some of these are more whimsical, but they've all passed through my mind while churning through this BUT problem.

I couldn't find anything in the compilation thread but has anyone suggested Al'Cair Dal in the Waste with its described acoustical properties, might be a Treesinging bowl of the winds analog?

I guess I'm not familiar with canyons but it's been my experience sound and radio waves travel farther over water, so the idea of it being empty seems strange.

there was a passage in LoC where Perrin is thinking about Rand and he sais something like "those things on his arm were strange(dragons) as strange as the tiny things in his head that let him channel." i wil find the quote and post it because im 99% certain this is the BUT

Archived