DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't go through the 260 odd pages of this thread, so I'll press forward - What about the time difference between Randland and Finnland?

The snakes seem to live in a place where time goes faster than Randland. Rand did not see Mat enter, neither did Moirane see Rand enter. They didn't even see each other in the hallway. Rand entered when Mat had his first set of answers. Yet they all exit at much the same time.

The foxes seem to live in a place where time goes slower than Randland. Mat walked for a few hours and was hung, yet it was 7 days in Randtime. Unless someone thinks a man would survive hanging for 7 days, even under the Tree of Life? Also. Mat's feet are sore from walking to Rhuidean, but it doesn't seem to affect him in Finnland. Okay, I wandered off topic there a bit.

My point is... that the Finns live in two separate towers. Two separate worlds. They might even be fighting against each other using proxies like Mat.

Has Weiramon calling Rand the Lord of the Morning been discussed?

Weiramon is a wilder, which explains how he lives despite being a foolhardy soldier. A little channeling wouldn't be noticed in a battle. As a result, he's a bit mad, calls Rand by LTT's title, and will channel at a crucial juncture, tilting the balance towards Rand. Crazy, huh?

I highly doubt that it is the BUT, but during my re-read of Lord of Chaos last night, I saw something I hadn't noticed before.  In Chapter 26, Connecting Lines, Rand mentions "two white rocks," or something similar, that only he and Bashere know about, and that he can only see because of his heightened senses.  Apparently he and Bashere placed two objects there, and for a reason, but I have no idea what for. I don't remember reading anything about these objects in later books, thoguh it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are there and I just missed them.

Does anyone know what Rand is referring to here? 

Weiramon is a wilder, which explains how he lives despite being a foolhardy soldier. A little channeling wouldn't be noticed in a battle. As a result, he's a bit mad, calls Rand by LTT's title, and will channel at a crucial juncture, tilting the balance towards Rand. Crazy, huh?

I've always thought of Weiramon as a darkfriend, but off the top of my head I can't remember why.

I've always thought of Weiramon as a darkfriend, but off the top of my head I can't remember why.

Most people have come to that conclusion after the overheard discussion between him and Torval (who was a DF ashaman)

It doesnt actually make anything clear, but it insinuates.

OH, its in PoD, i forget where though, in the middle of the battles against the Senchan.

Its amazing that this thread is still puffing along. Some people started writing it and it went on and on. Its the thread that nevers ends, its goes on and on and on.

The pattern aint got nothing on this thread.

they will continue writing it forever just because ;D

OK I have 2 ideas for the the But the first comes from this

Another little present for you, Lews Therin. That shield will allow a trickle through, enough for him to teach. It will dissipate with time, but he’ll not be able to challenge you for months, and by that time he will have no choice but to remain with you. He was never very good at breaking through a shield; you must be willing to accept pain, and he never could.”

“NOOOOOO!” Asmodean crawled toward her. “You cannot do this to me! Please, Mierin! Please!”

is it possible that lanfears lower strength is poetic justice  from the DO? so in this case the shield that allows a trickle through would be the BUT. BUT I think that one might have been mentioned before the other one is this
though it looked like no pig skull she had ever seen. It had a feel of age, though; great age.

With the Power in her, she could sense things like that, here. The usual enhancement of senses was with her, of course. She could feel tiny cracks in the gilded plaster bosses covering the ceiling fifty feet up, and the smooth polish of the white stone floor. Infinitesimal cracks, invisible to the eye, spread across the floor stones as well

ok that made me start to think along these lines. All chanelers have different sets of talents, like foretelling or finding ore in the ground. could it be that in T'A'R you have other talents? has any one noticed any thing like that quote in some other POV? if so its 1.It is Ongoing 2.The Discussion Factor= none that I know of 3.Revelation Requirements= could be any thing really if someone has a really strong talent with something. 4. Presence in the Later Books=if any one else can think of someone else saying something like that(Im sure I have read that but cant recall who or where) 5. Potential Impact= who knows ::)

One Other Idea Just about every thing from T'A'R has been mentioned already but has the Light that comes from everywhere and no ware been brought up? cant really see what the BUT could be about it unless the light is the creator or something  but you never know  :-\

Was there a Forsaken sticking their grubby little fingers in the water down there, I wonder, that it felt so bad to Amys? Just remembering Moiraine's reaction back in the day to Sammael 'sharing' his dreams in Illian...

yes Mogy was there but I don't think that was what made the evil

Hmmm I always thought the big unnoticed thing was what the hell are the borderlands armies upto in Andor? Although I'm not sure what book they started moving. Although of course this has been discussed many times before.

It has been mentioned in the earlier books (at least the AS lose contact) but the actual moving of the Borderlanders started in what, PoD or aCoS. I think, cant remember. Maybe WH haha

Hello, long time listener, first time caller...

I am sure this has been discussed _BUT_, Whatever happened to Mat's request for a Bell-Founder? Most likely this is irrelevant. Just a pssing thought.

@aunt pol -Garion says 'Hello'.

-Vell Nevyn

Hello, long time listener, first time caller...

I am sure this has been discussed _BUT_, Whatever happened to Mat's request for a Bell-Founder? Most likely this is irrelevant. Just a passing thought.

@aunt pol -Garion says 'Hello'.

-Vell Nevyn

In the Gathering storm, Aludra says she is working on it, and quotes prices at Mat. She says she needs a LOT of iron, and talks about proximity to mines and smelters if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure I am going to get flamed here, did not read the entire thread so I am not sure if this was mentioned and discounted already:

Somewhere in books 4-6 Mog sits down with the BA Egwene and co were chasing.  She gave instructions too all of them, blocking each from hearing what the others were doing.  We know what happened to Liandrin (shielded and made a servant), the two Elayne caught in Caelym, but as I recall there were four or five at that meeting. 

These women have been mentioned (not often or predominately) since.  When Mordin captured Mog, didn't he compliment her on the tasks she had set the BA on?  I know he was seriously miffed at her getting caught but I seem to recall him saying it might make up for her other gross failures. 

Not entirely sure where to put this, so I decided to make a tenuous connection to the Big Unnoticed Thing, and post it here.  Fundamentally my question is why the forces of the Dark Lord agreed to stop using balefire during the war.  Although it was, perhaps, only made completely clear in The Gathering Storm, during that dream meeting that Rand had with Moridin, it has been fairly obvious for many books that the goal of the Dark Lord is to destroy the pattern.  In fact, maybe it was somewhere during books 4-6 that this concept was first really revealed.  So the goal of the Dark Lord is to break the wheel and end the pattern, etc., etc.  Many people have said that balefire is very dangerous to the pattern.  Why didn't he just get a bunch of his followers to balefire the crap out of everything all the time until the pattern unravelled?  I have some thoughts, but I'd like to here yours.

Archived