DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

This may be completely wrong, but does anyone think its possible that Ishamael was a chosen of the light that got corrupted from a previous turning of the Wheel? We know its happened before, and if the DO had pointed them out to him, it would perhaps be enough to show him the futility of the struggle and how eventually the DO will win.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be completely wrong, but does anyone think its possible that Ishamael was a chosen of the light that got corrupted from a previous turning of the Wheel? We know its happened before, and if the DO had pointed them out to him, it would perhaps be enough to show him the futility of the struggle and how eventually the DO will win.

I kinda think that both Ishamael and LTT are Champions but it doesn't matter what side as long as they are opposed. I get that from when he is yelling at Rand "you Idiot we have fought countless times over countless turnings of the wheel!"

In terms of anything major that has been hinted at that hasn't been seen, I've been wondering about who will be turned to the shadow against their will.

Jordan had mentioned that 13 Aes Sedai channeling through 13 myrddral can turn someone to the shadow against their will several times throughout the series.

I don't think the 13x13 thing is the BUT, though it was suggested in another thread that perhaps this is how Taim was turned to the dark. Interesting...

"A gun on a mantle." Me likey  :D

Yeah thats what I think. Or at least I hope. Taim is to cool a villain to be just a regular darkfriend. If it turned out he had been turned, would add an interesting spin to the character.

My theory all allong with Taim-and ive seen other people say the same- is that Taim took the offer of protection from the dark ones taint and lessons that Ishamael offered Rand in tEotW. I also think that he was picked up by Sammael after Ishamel died and used by Sammael-thus the same sigil and the Sammael impersonator- though ive got no ideas on what happened after Sammael died, maybe Taim thought he could be a free agent and Ishamael had to 13x13 turn him to get him back into line

my thoughts on Taim is that if he was not a DF when he was a false dragon (wich is most likely) that when he was rescued from the Aes Sedai he was 13x13ed soon after.

Mazrim Taim has escaped.”

“Light!” Siuan barked. “How?”

“This only says he was taken away by stealth in the night, Mother. Two sisters are dead.”

“The Light illumine their souls. But we’ve little time to mourn the dead while the likes of Taim are alive and ungentled. Where, Leane?”

“Denhuir, Mother. A village east of the Black Hills on the Maradon Road, above the headwaters of the Antaeo and the Luan.”“It had to be some of his followers. Fools. Why won’t they know when they are beaten

Almost sounds as if slayer was involved but at the very least some one using a gateway to jump in and out quietly and still killing 2 Aes Sedai

Its interesting how descriptive they are in saying exactly where he escaped. If everyone looks on there maps theyl see that location is a short river trip from Tar Valon, so that might be a further clue to BA involvement. Its also extremely easy to get from there to Caemlyn, just go down river to Aringil, then head West to Caemlyn, if that means anything

I'm sure I have seen a statement that BS got a mail that included the right assumtion on what the BUT is. Why can't we just ask if those that mailed him before this statement tell us their theory. At least that would narrow it down further...

Do you have any idea how much mail Brandon recieves? I do. It's ALOT. Him confirming it was in one of them would be the same as him confirming it was in this thread. Virtually irrelevant.

A french teen hacked Obama's twitter account (I don't know if you heard of him : Hackerscroll. He went to law court just a month ago for it). Maybe I could find him in his little auvergnan village and convince him to hack Sanderson's mailbox or computer, and to take any information related to ToM héhé. If this guys don't want, please prepare 13 Myrrdraal and 13 BA Sisters. I'll give you the meeting point ASAP! Thanks a lot.

I wil try to make a list of everything in the books 4, 5, 6 that appears weird, and more than once. It will be long, digging into pages and pages of information. Either it's something so explicited that we didn't catch it as a mystery, or something totally irrelevant we dismissed as unimportant and so were fooled. And it has to be continuing rather regularly into the latest books, no? it will provide a way to erase some results. It's like a cluedo....

I edit my post as I realise some part could be interpreted the wrong way, and thus, a bit rude maybe...

You realise I've already done that? It's stuck at the top of the board, under 'Big Unnoticed Things Theory Compilation'.

WHAT??? REALLY?? :)

I know, but it might be better for me to re-read them. I think it's always better to do things by yourself

(well, I can't imagine I'm saying that to the guy that can pick every sentence from the book and say the page and the book in which it appears and is building gigantic theories to which I agree with 3 out of four :D)

So I'm going on my own way, and going to see what come of it. It's not a critic, but I always thought there was something missing in the compilation thread, don't know what or why... so let's see if there are some thing  missing or if I'm just starting to go insane...

GLoD promised immortality for his Chosen servants.

It's not an irrevocable, automatic gift.

Ishamael apparently received some version of it since he's been free at various times for long periods and therefore already lived longer than even any channeler has a right to.

The others were all walled away outside time in the Bore.

They haven't any of them actually got immortality yet - they were in suspended animation and they were well within normal channeler lifespans when released.

Asmo no longer had any hopes of receiving it - he was prepared to kill himself if GLoD ever got loose.

(At least some WoT fans speculate that GLoD has no intention of giving them immortality - he will just destroy the Pattern forever.)

As to knowledge, who knows what GLoD knows?

Demandred was continually surprised both by GLod's knowledge and ignorance.

I've always suspected that the "immortality" that the DO grants the Forsaken is really just that he will transmigrate them into another body if they die - and we know he only does this at his own discretion and if he is not pleased with you he either won't do it, or he'll play a mean joke on you (like Aran'gar).

Another set of quotes from RJ

Q: Aren't the Forsaken already ...

RJ: No. They're not immortal.

Q: Do they know that?

RJ: Yes, they know that.

Q: But they believe they are immortal.

RJ: No, they do not believe they are immortal, but they believe they will be. All they need to do is get the Dark One free. And they have been promised this. This is their reward for getting him free. If they manage to get him out of that prison, he will grant them immortality. And they believe this because they have seen him in the past, as he has done now, bring the dead back to life. Give the dead new bodies. Transfer souls from a dying body into a young and healthy body. They've seen him do this. So they know that can be done. So it's not as though they are believing something, somebody just walked up to you and said "I can make you immortal if you go out and do this, kill and do awful deeds". They've seen him, they have seen these incredible things done. So they have reason to believe.

That (Budapest interview) was an eye opener!

How that squares with ' Immortality was gone. That was a gift of the Great Lord, he ... ', I don't know. A short while later ' Immortality gone, he knew it must be imagination, yet sometimes he thought he could feel time dragging at him, pulling him toward a grave he had never thought to meet ...' Maybe Asmodean wasn't thinking straight.

' Immortality gone, he knew it must be imagination, yet sometimes he thought he could feel time dragging at him, pulling him toward a grave he had never thought to meet ...' Maybe Asmodean wasn't thinking straight.

No, he was thinking straight. He was promised Immortality and would have received it in just a few years, after the Last Battle. He didn't have to worry about aging because he knew he would become immortal sooner or later. Now that promise is gone, so he is actually forced to think about getting older.

RJ: No, they do not believe they are immortal, but they believe they will be. All they need to do is get the Dark One free. And they have been promised this. This is their reward for getting him free. If they manage to get him out of that prison, he will grant them immortality. And they believe this because they have seen him in the past, as he has done now, bring the dead back to life. Give the dead new bodies. Transfer souls from a dying body into a young and healthy body. They've seen him do this. So they know that can be done. So it's not as though they are believing something, somebody just walked up to you and said "I can make you immortal if you go out and do this, kill and do awful deeds". They've seen him, they have seen these incredible things done. So they have reason to believe.

Transfer souls from a dying body into a young and healthy body.

hey could that be confirmation of why lanfear is weaker if she had been stiled/burnt out and not died before given the new body she would have 2 be healed and if healed by a female would be weaker

I edit my post as I realise some part could be interpreted the wrong way, and thus, a bit rude maybe...

You realise I've already done that? It's stuck at the top of the board, under 'Big Unnoticed Things Theory Compilation'.

WHAT??? REALLY?? :)

I know, but it might be better for me to re-read them. I think it's always better to do things by yourself

(well, I can't imagine I'm saying that to the guy that can pick every sentence from the book and say the page and the book in which it appears and is building gigantic theories to which I agree with 3 out of four :D)

So I'm going on my own way, and going to see what come of it. It's not a critic, but I always thought there was something missing in the compilation thread, don't know what or why... so let's see if there are some thing  missing or if I'm just starting to go insane...

I prefer to have a partner (generally a little younger than myself, and female)...

Transfer souls from a dying body into a young and healthy body.

hey could that be confirmation of why lanfear is weaker if she had been stiled/burnt out and not died before given the new body she would have 2 be healed and if healed by a female would be weaker

Either way, if she was stilled, she would need to be healed before or after dying.

That's confirmed in another set of quotes - stilling carries over with transmigration.

Since Cyndi was up and about before male healing had been discovered, she would have to be healed by a woman.

A french teen hacked Obama's twitter account (I don't know if you heard of him : Hackerscroll. He went to law court just a month ago for it). Maybe I could find him in his little auvergnan village and convince him to hack Sanderson's mailbox or computer, and to take any information related to ToM héhé. If this guys don't want, please prepare 13 Myrrdraal and 13 BA Sisters. I'll give you the meeting point ASAP! Thanks a lot.

I wil try to make a list of everything in the books 4, 5, 6 that appears weird, and more than once. It will be long, digging into pages and pages of information. Either it's something so explicited that we didn't catch it as a mystery, or something totally irrelevant we dismissed as unimportant and so were fooled. And it has to be continuing rather regularly into the latest books, no? it will provide a way to erase some results. It's like a cluedo....

i was just rereading myself and i believe i have fond some things that may have been missed, for one mats dice although the VERY first time we see it is in book three at the end when he blows up the ston e of tear, but it was truly introduced during the next few books as an actually feeling.  the other thing i noticed is the gholam, it is mentioned by the forsaken in book four i believe, and is even better introduced in book six when i believe it kills hared fel, then in book 7 it attacks mat, book 8,9,10,11, and 12 i am fairly certain it is mentioned as continually following mat, as well.  not sure if they are mentioned in lacanos' compilation or not, jusgt found em today though.

Archived